Eurovision 2021 Semi Final Two Songs
Photos: EBU / Thomas Hannes / Andres Putting

We’ve had eight days of first and second rehearsals. And now that they’re all finished, it’s time to reassess our Eurovision 2021 favourites. Who has risen up your rankings and who has fallen by the wayside? It’s time to cast your vote one last time and let us know who should win semi-final one of Eurovision 2021.

Eurovision 2021: Semi-final two line-up

The 17 semi-final two acts range from schlager throwbacks to modern melancholic pop. We’ve got violent pop and dramatic chansons. Rap, bubblegum pop and ethnic dance bangers all feature. However, only ten of the 17 will make it out of Thursday’s semi-final.

• San Marino: Senhit “Adrenalina”
  • Estonia: Uku Suviste “The Lucky One”
  • Czech Republic: Benny Cristo “Omaga”
  • Greece: Stefania “Last Dance”
  • Austria: Vincent Bueno “Amen”
  • Poland: Rafał “The Ride”
  • Moldova: Natalia Gordienko “Sugar”
  • Iceland: Daði og Gagnamagnið “10 Years”
  • Serbia: Hurricane “Loco Loco”
  • Georgia: Tornike Kipiani “You”
  • Albania: Anxhela Peristeri “Karma”
  • Portugal: The Black Mamba “Love Is on My Side”
  • Bulgaria: Victoria “Growing Up Is Getting Old”
  • Finland: Blind Channel “Dark Side”
  • Latvia: Samanta Tīna “The Moon Is Rising”
  • Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears “Tout l’Univers”
  • Denmark: Fyr & Flamme “Øve os på hinanden”

Precisely who will qualify is anyone’s guess. But who do you want to see make it? You can watch snippets of this year’s first semi-final second rehearsals in the playlist below. Then vote for your favourites in our poll. You can vote for as many contestants as you like, but you can only vote ONE time, so make it count.

This poll closes just ahead of the second semi on Thursday. It’s up to you, Europe. Start voting now!

Who should win semi-final two of Eurovision 2021?

Who did you vote for? Who will win? Who should win? Let us know below.

Vote in more Eurovision 2021 polls.

CyxCy
CyxCy
1 month ago

So, the ten that I would keep for this semi-final (in alphabetical order): – Austria: I find that every year Austria sends very good contestants; Vincent will mark me less than Cesar Sampson, but the song is easily remembered. – Bulgaria: A very sweet and cute song. A little bubble of tenderness in the evening. – Denmark: I have not been able to determine whether they should be understood in the first or second degree. Either this is outdated or it ‘s an assumed attitude. But in both cases, why not? – Estonia: Uku is to be taken very seriously,… Read more »

Not good
Not good
1 month ago

The qualifiers for me would be:

Swizerland, Finland, Iceland, Greece, San Marino, Portugal, Denmark, Serbia, Moldova and Latvia

kas
kas
1 month ago

Under normal cirqumastances among Swiss, Greece and Serbia.
If Greece actually presents a nice show and Benny sing well full of energy, then my alternative scenario (not my personal preferences) is as follows:

1.Greece
11.Denmark
12.Georgia
13.Latvia
14.Poland
15.Austria
16.Portugal

…hope to a small miracle and Denmark will qualify at the end !

Maldric
Maldric
Reply to  kas

There´s no chance about Portugal being last in this semi…

Tibor
Tibor
1 month ago

I’d say, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Switzerland and Iceland are safe and will battle out who wins the semi. After that it’s relatively open. As usual, I don’t really get the criticism with some of the stagings, particularly Switzerland and Latvia. If Samanta Tina snatches one of the remaining spots, I’d be all set.

Reply to  Tibor

Czech Republic? I love the song but I definitely don’t find them safe, they’re borderline

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Sot

We’ll see next weekend if they are borderline. I think the disregard for Ben is a bubble thing, like it was last year, when he also would have qualified with ease. Perhaps I’ll eat my words, but I don’t think so.

Reply to  Tibor

I don’t share the criticism for these stagings either. I’d even dare to say that semi 2 has surprisingly less staging issues than semi 1. I don’t think that anyone, aside from perhaps Georgia, has brought down the already existing package by staging decisions. Perhaps also Moldova, but I don’t think it’s bad at all, just not bonkers enough for the target audience of this type of music. I’m still not sure that Moon Is Rising would be among ten songs I’d listen to the most from this semi, BUT if Samanta makes it, I’ll be happy for years and… Read more »

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Colin

Yeah, you know that I think Czech Republic is the most underrated entry this year, we’ll see if I’m right on the 23rd, but I’d be really surprised if he was borderline. It’s just a kind of music that for some reason isn’t popular with the eurofans, but he will find his audience outside the bubble. Samanta is definitely among my 10 most listened entries of this semi, but I can see how the song is divisive. But I don’t know what the problem with the staging is supposed to be, to me it looks fine. The criticism for Switzerland… Read more »

Reply to  Tibor

” It’s just a kind of music that for some reason isn’t popular with the eurofans, but he will find his audience outside the bubble.” I thought so too, but I was expecting Benny to sky-rocket in the odds after the rehearsals. I mean, both ESCUnited and Alesia Michelle having him among their qualifiers felt promising. I am leaning towards him qualifying, but as a borderline. Hope he surprises positively! ”His voice is the divisive factor, that’s why I’m still not convinced he will come top 5.” If you mean, in the finals, then I’m not either. I hope so, but… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Colin
Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Colin

We’ll see how Ben will do, musically there’s no reason for him to flop, and I’m counting on a great performance. By the way, some countries are always disregarded by the betting odds, Czech Republic being one of them, Albania being another striking example. Albania can enter what they want, they are always bottom of the betting odds. Then they qualify and are still bottom of the betting odds. Some countries are apparently just not betting material, that doesn’t make them weak contestants. And yes, I meant top five in the final for Switzerland. It’s completely delusional to think they… Read more »

Slabsson79
Slabsson79
Reply to  Tibor

Well, while it is true that Czech Rep is not being “loved” by the Betting odds, all the qualifications of Czech Rep to the final had taken place with Czechia being regarded by the odds to be in the TOP10 thus to-qualify-rows. Czechia had never beaten the odds before. Let´s hope for a premiere here.

IPA
IPA
1 month ago

I think the shock NQ from semi 2 will be SERBIA!

Last edited 1 month ago by IPA
Jose
Jose
Reply to  IPA

I am not a fan of the song, but their charisma is out of this world and they work extremely well as a band, so I think they will qualify

mark dowd
mark dowd
1 month ago

If Switzerland had Bulgaria’s staging it would be up there with France in the odds…..having said that, Victoria’s song lacks a hook, a “meme”.. You cannot recall it easily even after several listens…so I think Gjon takes SF2…though may lose telvote to Iceland…

Last edited 1 month ago by mark dowd
IPA
IPA

SEM2 QUALIFIERS (somewhat unlikely to happen, though):
Group 1 (must): Portugal, Iceland, Austria, Albania
Group 2 (fine, but not really bothered either way): Estonia, Finland, San Marino, Switzerland, Latvia, Georgia
Group 3 (definite NQ): Serbia (musically just plastic + leaning too much on playback), Greece (computerized music), Poland (just poor), Denmark (nostalgic but too simple), Moldova (skip), Czech Rep (like the guy but lacklustre performance), Bulgaria (yes, that’s right – I know it’s a favourite, but I’m bored stiff every time!)

Last edited 1 month ago by IPA
Pat
Pat
1 month ago

Uku from Estonia will be dark horse and I think he is going to the grand final as well.

Elfi
Elfi
1 month ago

Today watching the live stream, i was always getting Conan Osiris vibes from San Marino. Cause she was owning the carpet just like he did in 2019…hope the destiny won’t be the same, cause i am sensing 1 or 2 shock NQ, from this semi…

Lourdes
Lourdes
1 month ago

It’s Switzerland or Bulgaria for me.

Reply to  Lourdes

Year after year, we keep agreeing in almost everything (from my favorites in both semis you only haven’t mentioned Lithuania and Iceland, maybe you’re not as fond as myself about their quirky style). So do you like France, Italy and Netherlands too?

Lourdes
Lourdes
Reply to  Sabrina

I’m glad to hear that 🙂 Lithuania and Iceland sit at my 11-12 places, maybe just because I liked their 2020 songs more (they both were in my top 10 last year). Italy and France are in my top 10 and Italy is my absolute winner this year (since Sanremo), but I’m rooting for my #2 and #3 too ( Switzerland and Ukraine respectively). I’m a bit indifferent towards NL though.

Reply to  Lourdes

Italy and Ukraine would be my 2 first choices to win. I love both and I think they would open the horizons for the contest. France would be my 3rd and Switzerland lay a little bit lower, but I wouldn’t matter if they win, because it’s pure quality. Anyway, we’re mostly in the same page as usual. 🙂 Let’s hope the bookies are right then. But I’m still afraid that the juries may bury Maneskin’s chances.

Reply to  Sabrina

My top 5 are still Switzerland, Ukraine, Bulgaria, France, and Italy. Any of them winning would make me incredibly happy. I believe that this is the first time since I’m following ESC odds that I see all of my top 5 being in top 10 of the actual odds. In 2019, Albania and Estonia weren’t that high in the odds, in 2018, Montenegro was never projected to even qualify, while Lithuania emerged as an underdog, in 2017, Austria was never a top 10 favorite, ect. Now, I actually hope to see all five of these songs on the left side… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Colin
Yikes
Yikes
1 month ago

Bulgarian bots are at it again.. she ain’t this good…

Reply to  Yikes

She is. 😉

Stan
Stan
Reply to  Yikes

Bulgarian bots??? Where did you saw them??? Every positive comment about her is downvoted extremely much (in every article), so…i see only anti-VICTORIA bots here (like you). 😉

Yikes
Yikes
Reply to  Stan

I doubt you know what bot means, if you think I’d be one of those. 😉

Ray
Ray
1 month ago

I don’t understand this hype for Bulgaria, staging is nice but the song doesn’t impress me. It was also concidered for last year, but it wasn’t chosen. Clearly this Swedish made song is good paired with Austrian staging, since it’s getting so much votes.

Why!
Why!
1 month ago

Finland & Iceland get my votes!

Kas
Kas
1 month ago

Widely open semi concerning the winner.
Hope to be Denmark…but this is almost impossible.

In my personal opinion is very difficult for Bulgaria to win this semi for simply televoting reasons. It’s hard to believe that the “average televoter” will vote for this song.
In my prediction Swiss, Iceland, Greece or Serbia.

Anhel
Anhel
Reply to  Kas

Lol, Bulgaria can’t win it but Serbia can?

kas
kas
Reply to  Anhel

Yes, Serbia has a few chances. Serbia will be in top 5 of televoting. Bulgaria won’t. Bulgaria will be in top 5 of juries and Serbia in top 6 of juries.

Tul
Tul
1 month ago

I wonder if this is the year with most polls, not a bad thing but some people do take these too seriously! Might give some sort of truth on the results, but it’s not always correct 100%.

1 month ago

Who should and probably will win: Bulgaria or Iceland. But I’m not counting Switzerland totally out of this fight yet, I’ve seen a longer video of the rehearsal and the snippet showed only the awkward part of the dance.

On this semi, it’s easy to pick my favorites (I tried with semi 1, but I still have 11 that I want to qualify): Albania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia and Switzerland.

Anhel
Anhel
Reply to  Sabrina

Yep, I saw the rehearsal video too. If someone wants to spoil themselves, there are a lot of leaked rehearsals on youtube. Gjon’s dance moves look way, way better (but still exsessive). Too bad the worst part made its way on the official snippet. It’s not even that bad when you’re watching it in the context of the entire performance.

Reply to  Anhel

I had the same experience watching it, the transition to those moves seems gradual when we see the whole thing (or most of it, the video had around 2 minutes), because they follow the changes of tempo of the music. But I would also tone some of the moves down. Especially the “rapper hands”, they look so unnatural.

noone
noone
1 month ago

Is it bad of me if I don’t want Finland to qualify? I like them, I just don’t want them to steal any points from Maneskin 🙂 I’m all Team Italy and San Marino this year, both on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, but that’s what’s so FUN about Eurovision!

Tulia
Tulia
Reply to  noone

If Måneskin is a candidate for the win, I doubt Finland being in the final will be a negative thing for them, might even be more of a positive thing as people would get more used to rock influence and see both entries enough good to vote for.

Jose
Jose
Reply to  noone

Italy is my winner, I don’t like Finland at all

Somebody
Somebody

Bulgaria.

Samantha, don’t rig the polls again babe.

Somebody
Somebody
Reply to  Somebody

From most voted to the least, yeah. Good tactic to keep it out of the view. 😉

FTatiPB
1 month ago

I love Portugal, Iceland and Bulgaria.

Atlas
Reply to  FTatiPB

Me to

btw
btw
1 month ago

I love Switzerland so much, but please Gjon control your hand moves.

Ravencrow Neversmiles
Ravencrow Neversmiles
1 month ago

My first pick is Switzerland. Even though the staging wasn’t what I had hoped for it’s still my favorite song this year.
Iceland has really grown on me so much they are my second pick for winning this semi.

Mr X

4.Iceland
5.Greece
6.San Marino
7.Serbia
8.Portugal
9.Albania
10.Denmark (but it´s very, very close…)
11.Austria
12.Moldova
13.Latvia
14.Czechia
15.Estonia
16.Georgia
17.Poland

1 month ago

As always, I voted for the songs in my top 10, which were, in alphabetical order:
Greece (I personally like the staging)
Iceland (love them)
San Marino (still waiting for Flo Rida)
Switzerland (without these rap moves)

I would also love to see in the final:
Bulgaria (THAT STAGING)
Estonia (guilty pleasure)
Finland (absolutely)
Moldova (fell in my ranking but can’t let it outside the GF)
Serbia (their rehearsals were perfect)

And my 10th place would go either to Albania, the Czech Republic or Portugal

Last edited 1 month ago by Sot
Agent 007
Agent 007
1 month ago

Iceland, Switzerland and Serbia stand out. Won’t be surprised if Bulgaria wins.

Darren
1 month ago

Bulgaria! Hands down Bulgaria is my overall winner of Eurovision 2021, so naturally I want her to win Semi 2 as well.

My qualifiers for Semi 2 are: (in random order)

Bulgaria
San Marino
Iceland
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Greece
Serbia
Finland
Portugal
Albania
(Bulgaria, San Marino, Iceland, Czech Republic, Switzerland are the only songs I the semi that I REALLY like though as most of my favorites are either Semi 1 or Italy in the Final).

justafan
justafan
1 month ago

At this point I’d say Bulgaria has the biggest chances of winning this semi.
Iceland, San Marino, Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece will probably score high points with the televote.
Switzerland, Portugal, Austria, Bulgaria, Albania and even Denmark would be some of the jury’s picks.
I don’t think we’ll have the same jury and televote winner.
My guess for the semi final 2 qualifiers would be in no particular order:
Switzerland
Iceland
Bulgaria
Greece
San Marino
Portugal
Serbia
Albania
Finland
Austria.
I’d love to see Latvia go through but I find it highly unlikely unfortunately.

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  justafan

I have almost the same prediction. The only exception is Denmark instead of Austria.

Last edited 1 month ago by Mr X
justafan
justafan
Reply to  Mr X

Yeah I am torn between Austria and Denmark. Denmark might benefit more from the running order in comparison to Austria.

esc1234
esc1234
1 month ago

Switzerland in the effort to not look like Netherlands 2019 literally destroyed their chances

Last edited 1 month ago by esc1234
Reply to  esc1234

I’d just blame SJB actually

Stan
Stan
1 month ago

Bulgaria (VICTORIA) should, and she WILL win!
I will vote for you girl! Love and support from Denmark!
Question: How many times I can vote for one country?

Reply to  Stan

8, but flipped 90 degrees

Last edited 1 month ago by Sot
1 month ago

Is Flo over the Atlantic?

Reply to  Jonas

We hope so

1 month ago

Bulgaria has this one in the bag.

Dead certain qualifiers are also: Switzerland, Iceland, Serbia, Greece, Finland, San Marino and Moldova.

So there are only 2 spots left. I think they will go to the Czech Republic and a ballad-ish song (Estonia, Portugal, Albania or Austria)

A shock NQ could be San Marino or Finland.

Reply to  Jo.

I can see San Marino being a shock NQ (2013 flashbacks) but not Finland

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  Jo.

Finland never !

1 month ago

Bulgaria is not going to win this semi final and I doubt she’ll even be in the top five in the grand final

Reply to  Tarleton

It’s true that Switzerland is not going to win the final but neither is Bulgaria … Gjon is still good enough to beat Victoria IMO

1 month ago

Switzerland will win cos they will do AT LEAST as well as Bulgaria in the jury vote and will beat Victoria in the TV vote ….Iceland will be handicapped by the Jury vote even if they do well on the TV vote

Switzerland have the best song and vocals ; even better than Duncan 2 years ago … Bulgaria’s song is just too low key even though she has great vocals

Jessie
Jessie
Reply to  Tarleton

”even better than Duncan 2 years ago” because this song is clearly Arcade 2.0 and he is a copycat.

Reply to  Tarleton

They are both excellent IMHO. Switzerland and Bulgaria – two big outstands of this semi, with Iceland coming as a close third.

Reply to  Colin

Bulgaria has a great voice but it’s just the song is just too low key for me ; I can understand why many folks are bored by it … it’s not going to beat Switzerland

Reply to  Tarleton

I’m glad you already have the results. Mind telling us who will win next year?

Reply to  Jo.

I have no idea but Bulgaria is not winning this year ; I doubt she’ll even get in the top 5 ..7-8 sounds about right

Erasmus
Erasmus
1 month ago

so my top: Bulgaria Switzerland Czech Republic Georgia Iceland Greece Albania Finland Portugal Serbia Moldova San Marino Austria Estonia Denmark Latvia Poland what I think will happen: Switzerland Iceland Bulgaria Finland Greece Serbia San Marino Portugal Albania Czech Republic Denmark Austria Moldova Georgia Estonia Latvia Poland I don’t like this semi at all overall… to many quirky songs and bad upbeat songs it makes it look like it’s eurovision 2008 and not 2021. But anyway there are a couple of gems and I’m not even sure all of them will qualify (Czechia and Georgia).. Czech R. should qualify just based… Read more »

Jessie
Jessie
1 month ago

Switzerland will not win this semi final. Most overrated song this year flopped.

Reply to  Jessie

Is that your hope or your prediction?

Jessie
Jessie
Reply to  Tarleton

Both actually. The song is good enough but his dance looks so awkward. I prefer Iceland, Bulgaria or even Finland as a winner.

Thisisntourlastdance
Thisisntourlastdance

anyone but Switzerland

Anhel
Anhel
1 month ago

When are the semi final winners revealed?

Reply to  Anhel

After the end of Eurovision. So that spoilers wouldn’t boost someone’s chances in the finals.

Reply to  Anhel

Adding to what Colin said below: sometime starting Monday after the show.

I can’t verify/confirm now, but it’s been said that songs that got better results in their respective semi get a better slot in the GF running order.

Lucianna
Lucianna
1 month ago

“It’s been said that songs that got better results in their respective semi get a better slot in the GF running order.”

I also thought that but then I remember, that Czech Republic 2019, which got 2nd!!! place in their semi performed as 3rd in the grandfinal 🙁 i don’t know why they got such a horrible place lmao

Last edited 1 month ago by Lucianna
Reply to  Lucianna

They finished 11th so “3” was a good slot for Lake Malawi. That’s the most important!!

Did you follow Eurovision in 2016? Just see what happened with Poland:

• They performed 2nd in their semi.
  • Qualified for the GF.
  • In the GF Poland was in the bottom after the jury vote.
  • And they were third or forth in the televote.
  • And they finished on the 8th place!!

Legendary moment for Poland. It was *amazing*.

Anhel
Anhel
1 month ago

Well I still voted Switzerland. There’s always a possibility that they’ll DDD ( Ditch the Dorky Dance moves).

Kristian
Kristian
1 month ago

Switzerland might win this Semi , but it wouldn’t finish in the Top 5 with that staging.

I’ve voted for Finland , though it’s not likely they will finish above Italy in either Jury or Televote.

Sniper K-Wolf
Sniper K-Wolf
Reply to  Kristian

Like Celine Dion in 1988 with her dreadful dress ? Nothing is sure.

My personal AND expected qualifiers from semi 2 are:

• SWITZERLAND
  • BULGARIA
  • ICELAND
  • GREECE
  • FINLAND
  • SAN MARINO

Who I think will additionally qualify:

• SERBIA
  • PORTUGAL
  • ALBANIA
  • DENMARK

My personal additional qualifiers:

• CZECH REPUBLIC
  • MOLDOVA
  • Last two are still open, but I’d say ALBANIA and POLAND, with perhaps DENMARK as a stand-in.
Reply to  Colin

But that’s 14

Reply to  Sot

I *expect* that the qualifiers will be Switzerland, Bulgaria, Iceland, Finland, Greece, San Marino, Serbia, Portugal, Albania, and Denmark. That’s only ten. I further said that I would *personally* put Czech Republic, Moldova, and Poland through, but I do not expect them to make it now.

Reply to  Colin

Oh ok! Too bad you don’t see Moldova in, because neither do I anymore

Giolo
Giolo
Reply to  Colin

I’m starting to be scared we are the same person. Even here I have the same prediction before the show.

1 month ago

Portugal, Bulgaria and Iceland.

San Marino has chances if they bring Flo Rida.

Dida
Dida
1 month ago

Albania, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Moldova, San Marino, Serbia and Switzerland. The remaining ones are extremely weak, boring and bland (Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Portugal, Georgia, Latvia and Poland).

1 month ago

This one is my easiest – in alphabetical order:

*DENMARK*, Finland or Iceland.

Ellen
Ellen
1 month ago

Definitely Bulgaria or Iceland.

1 month ago

My favouritest is DENMARK, then I have inpo Finland, Iceland, Portugal, and Switzerland.

Reply to  Whisker

And Czechia! #oops

Emily
Emily
1 month ago

I’d like it to be Finland, Greece or Iceland, but it’ll probably be Switzerland or even Bulgaria.

Last edited 1 month ago by Emily
jotka
jotka
1 month ago

This was supposed to be Switzerlands time to shine and they completely messed it up with the performance 🙁

Catriona Colville
Catriona Colville
Reply to  jotka

They still have time to change it, and even if they don’t, we don’t know how locals will react to the staging.

Thisisntourlastdance
Thisisntourlastdance
1 month ago

They dont have time to change anything. Eurovision doesnt work that way.

Stephanie
Reply to  jotka

We can’t really judge how anyone is going to do based alone on a 30-second rehearsal clip or even what the bookies say. Switzerland’s still in it to win it

Catriona Colville
Catriona Colville
1 month ago

Switzerland still have the best song. They should win this semi.

1 month ago

Yes, I’ve just watched it again and his vocals are magniificent .The song is somewhat like the winner Duncan 2 years ago , but Gjon is better and the song is better if you listen to them back to back …. he should easily win the semi final

Roodi
Roodi
Reply to  Tarleton

he should not even qualify with his toiletbreak song.