On Sunday 16 May, the class of Eurovision 2021 treated us to a fabulous display of fashion. The Moroccanoil Turquoise Carpet saw this year’s song contest competitors show off their best Eurovision eleganza.
In the end, 34 of this year’s competing acts walked the turquoise carpet.
Australia’s Montaigne and her team have not travelled to Rotterdam owing to travel restrictions.
Meanwhile, Romania’s Roxen, Malta’s Destiny, Poland’s Rafał and Iceland’s Daði og Gagnamagnið were forced to stay away due to positive Covid-19 tests in their hotel. However, Roxen, Rafał and Destiny all shared their intended outfits from the comfort of their hotel rooms.
The carpet may have been rolled up and put back into storage, but the iconic fashion moments from the event will live on in our minds.
After counting a total of 26,413 votes, we can now reveal that your best dressed of the night was…
Anxhela Peristeri was best dressed on the Eurovision 2021 turquoise carpet
Coming out on top of the poll is Anxhela Peristeri from Albania. After sharing the poll in her Instagram story, she picked up 7,417 votes, which is 28.08% of the total vote.
Anxhela was truly the lady in red. She wore a divine red dress that elegantly flowed along behind her as she walked the turquoise carpet. To add a seductive touch to the outfit, there was a slit in the side that went all the way up to the hip – serving leg for days!
The “Karma” singer paired the dress with a matching red pump, long gloves and a large circular fascinator. Meanwhile, a white fur shawl added a hint of old Hollywood glamour to proceedings.
Anxhela’s dress was designed by Kosovsar designer Valdrin Sahiti. He has previously dressed stars such as Beyoncé, Bebe Rexha and Cardi B. Valdrin also designed Elhaida Dani’s red carpet dress at Eurovision 2015, which was also voted the best look at that year’s event.
In second place is Latvia’s Samanta Tīna. Another fabulous diva who shared the poll on social media, she received 5,973 votes (22.61% of the total).
The “Moon Is Rising” singer decided to wear emerald green to the carpet event. Samanta’s outfit delivered regalness with its jewel-laden neck piece. The Latvian star kept her hair snatched back in order to show it off in full.
View this post on Instagram
Purple is deemed to be an unlucky colour for artists and actors in Italy owing to old superstitions. However, Måneskin wanted to flip the script and tackle this superstition head on. Each of Damiano, Victoria, Ethan and Thomas wore matching purple blazers.
The rest of their outfits were also coordinated, with all four artists wearing long ribbons around their necks in addition to black trousers and waistcoats.
And it seems that purple was in fact a lucky colour for the group after all. Måneskin are the final podium finishers for our turquoise carpet poll. The four-piece band earned 1,016 votes (3.85%).
Poll results: Who was best dressed on the Eurovision 2021 Turquoise Carpet?
- Albania: Anxhela Peristeri – 28.08% (7,417 votes)
- Latvia: Samanta Tīna – 22.61% (5,973 votes)
- Italy: Måneskin – 3.85% (1,016 votes)
- France: Barbara Pravi – 3.43% (906 votes)
- Greece: Stefania – 3.41% (900 votes)
- Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou – 3.25% (859 votes)
- Serbia: Hurricane – 3.04% (802 votes)
- Croatia: Albina – 2.98% (786 votes)
- Azerbaijan: Efendi – 2.56% (675 votes)
- Lithuania: The Roop – 2.09% (553 votes)
- Romania: Roxen – 2.07% (547 votes)
- Israel: Eden Alene – 2.07% (546 votes)
- Ukraine: Go_A – 1.94% (512 votes)
- San Marino: Senhit – 1.56% (413 votes)
- Russia: Manizha – 1.48% (390 votes)
- Portugal: The Black Mamba – 1.24% (327 votes)
- Bulgaria: VICTORIA – 1.14% (300 votes)
- Ireland: Lesley Roy – 1.1% (291 votes)
- Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears – 1.09% (287 votes)
- Spain: Blas Cantó – 1.06% (279 votes)
- Slovenia: Ana Soklic – 0.97% (257 votes)
- The Netherlands: Jeangu Macrooy – 0.94% (247 votes)
- Czech Republic: Benny Cristo – 0.9% (238 votes)
- Germany: Jendrik – 0.76% (201 votes)
- Finland: Blind Channel – 0.76% (200 votes)
- Malta: Destiny – 0.72% (191 votes)
- Estonia: Uku Suviste – 0.71% (188 votes)
- Sweden: Tusse – 0.66% (174 votes)
- Norway: TIX – 0.6% (159 votes)
- North Macedonia: Vasil – 0.53% (140 votes)
- Belgium: Hooverphonic – 0.49% (130 votes)
- Denmark: Fyr og Flamme – 0.39% (102 votes)
- Georgia: Tornike Kipiani – 0.37% (98 votes)
- Austria: Vincent Bueno – 0.34% (91 votes)
- Moldova: Natalia Gordienko – 0.33% (88 votes)
- United Kingdom: James Newman – 0.32% (85 votes)
- Poland: Rafal – 0.16% (45 votes)
Total Votes: 26,413
Do you agree that Anxhela Peristeri was the best dressed on the turquoise carpet? Which artist’s look do you wish you could wear? Let us know in the comments below!