If you feel post-Eurovision depression coming on, the EBU has something to keep it at bay for a little longer. This weekend the official Eurovision channel will present the Eurovision Song Celebration, with all 39 live-on-tape performances from the Eurovision 2021 competing acts.

The EBU will present two shows, streamed on the official Eurovision YouTube channel. This Friday, 28 May at 21:00 CET will feature the 13 non-qualifying semi-finalists, while the 26 grand finalists will have their videos shown on Saturday 29 May at 21:oo CET.

The live-on-tape performances were recorded earlier in the year as a precaution in case it was not possible for an act to travel to Rotterdam.

Only one of the live-on-tape performances ended up being used. The Australian delegation was unable to travel to the Netherlands, so Montaigne competed via her live-on-tape performance. Iceland’s act Daði og Gagnamagnið also competed with a pre-recorded performance, but they were able to use their semi-final rehearsal footage.

Celebrating the live-on-tape performances

The shows will be presented by Finland’s Eurovision 2013 star Krista Siegfrids. As well as the live-to-tape performances, the shows will also include fan performances submitted during May.

The Eurovision Song Celebration debuted last year as an online replacement of the cancelled Eurovision 2020 semi-finals. The two shows featured all the competing entries of each semi-final, screened in the running order that would have been used if the contest had gone ahead. The show itself was non-competitive and there no voting was held.

The EBU has released a trailer for this year’s Eurovision Song Celebration, with previews of some performances. While many acts appear to have used a similar concept to what they took to Rotterdam, other acts seem to have gone in a slightly different direction. Fans are already excited by the short preview of Måneskin’s performance, showing the rock group wearing different costumes to their Rotterdam look.

What do you think? Will you be tuning into the Eurovision Song Celebration? Which performances are you excited to see? Tell us your thoughts below!

Read more Eurovision 2021 news here

Gigliolalovelygirl
Gigliolalovelygirl
15 days ago

So glad they did this, we can get some of the excitement back and look forward to 2022! PED hits especially hard this year because we have been anticipating it for 2 years!!! The longest wait for an contest ever! So I perfectly understand.

This will be a healing thing for us eurofans.

Giolo
Giolo
15 days ago

Ireland and UK won’t allow to show their live on tapes. Any info about it?

Stephanie
15 days ago
Reply to  Giolo

Lesley and James said that their live performances in Rotterdam were the ones that people should remember, so their backup tapes will not be included. They’ll still be part of the shows

Thisisntourlastdance
Thisisntourlastdance
15 days ago
Reply to  Stephanie

Yeah thats lame.
James celebrated even after the 0s and said that what matters is that he shares his music but refuses to share another performance of the song?
Theres only an explanation, they think that their live on tapes are much worse than the performances that got them 0 and 4 points
But so what if they are worse, competition is over, its gonna feel more like a party than a contest…

15 days ago
Reply to  Stephanie

I am shook. *If* live-on-tape performances are worse then I *think* the broadcasters can be blamed once more for their poor decision-making.

Bonny
Bonny
16 days ago

So first engagement of Eurovision artists is on horizon I guees? and it’s not Efendi and Tix….I’m dead

hebbuzz
hebbuzz
16 days ago

Will we be able to watch it later?

Anhel
Anhel
16 days ago

Good. This is my first year of watching as a fan and I really don’t know what to do with all of the leftover excitement. I’ve been watching random reactions on youtube and binging the discographies of my favorite 2021 esc artists.

Thanos
Thanos
Reply to  Anhel

I feel you. I have been a fan since 2014 but PED still hits hard the days after the contest 🙁 . It gets better as the days go by and before you know it FiK is about to start again 🙂

Last edited 16 days ago by Thanos
Gabriella
Gabriella

I’ll be watching. Hope I’m home on time on Saturday, though

Esc fan
Esc fan
16 days ago

Yay, I low key thought they decided to not show the live on tape performances so I’m delighted to see that they will be released.
Can’t wait! 🙂

Sot
Sot
16 days ago

Oooh this is going to be FUN!

Roodi
Roodi
16 days ago

off topic Lil Uzi Vert said in his story that he wants to collab with Maneskin.

Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  Roodi

I can see Maneskin saying f you

Aan Gomes Branco
Aan Gomes Branco
Reply to  Jamie

Nah they were hyping it on their insta.

eurofan
eurofan

OMG I CANT WAIT TO SEE AUSTRALIA’S NEVER BEFORE SEEN EXTRAVAGANT LIVE ON TAPE

Eve
Eve
Reply to  eurofan

Love Technicolours!

Aaa
Aaa
16 days ago

I want to see if Ireland’s live on-tape is the same or not

Esc fan
Esc fan
Reply to  Aaa

I think Lesley said that her live on tape is completely different to the live show but we’ll see :).

Jake
Jake
Reply to  Aaa

YES! that is probably the one I am most excited about because it has the potential to be so much better than that mess onstage…all Ireland needed was that girl…that song…and beautiful green rolling hills spinning around her

tomatoman
tomatoman
17 days ago

I have also PED for the first time ever. Even if I am a straight young man

Sot
Sot
Reply to  tomatoman

Same, in 2019 my program was “Get up, watch Eurovision, eat, sleep” for only a week while this year it continued for 4 months so it hit harder than ever

Anhel
Anhel
Reply to  tomatoman

I don’t get the last sentence?

Anne Marie
Anne Marie
17 days ago

The only thing that can cure my Post-Eurovision depression lol

Vsl
Vsl
17 days ago

what I additionally need from EBU is the full 2nd rehearsal of Go_A featuring Emmie

Ted
Ted
17 days ago

Looking forward to these.
Can I also hijack this thread to thank Wiwi for their behind the scenes video on youtube showing the scene changes between songs at the grand final. I love watching these bits that we dont get to see in the show. Amazing how quickly the set changes. Can I put a polite request for more of these next year please. TIA

Pernilla
Pernilla
Reply to  Ted

Plenty of other videos (not just from this site) are on Youtube. From previous years also

ItaloV
ItaloV
17 days ago

btw, Robyn you are on fire! Always on point! Love from Italy!

ItaloV
ItaloV
17 days ago

I hope people enjoy and celebrate all the artists, instead of comparing to their actual appearance in Rotterdam. We should celebrate the “live on tape” efforts that each delegation put on for the worst case scenario (not being able to be present in the actual arena), following a set of rules in place. So enjoy them, celebrate them, but understand what this is. for most countries we have many videos, such as: an official video clip, their appearance on national finals, their actual entry in Rotterdam and now the live on tape. Enjoy and celebrate your favourites and give them… Read more »

Sven
Sven
17 days ago

that’s stunning! so excited 🙂
and other exciting things are coming :
Go_A confirmed colabs with their favs artists Måneskin, Gjon’s Tears, Blind Channel and Montaigne,I’m dead …lol

Anne Marie
Anne Marie
17 days ago
Reply to  Sven

I hope they do! I don’t know if there are post ESC collabs? I remember Dino Merlin and Nadine Beiler wanted to do one after 2011 but they never did one haha

Giolo
Giolo
Reply to  Anne Marie

Kasia Mos and Norma John collaborate for a song. Also Naviband and Val. And I guess there are more of them.

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  Anne Marie

Two more come to mind – Sirusho (Armenia 2007), Jelena Tomasevic (Serbia 2007) and Boaz Ma’uda (Israel 2007) – Time to Pray (beautiful song with some goosebump worthy vocals) and Tijana Bogicevic (Serbia 2017) and Damir Kedzo (Croatia 2019) – Hram.

Pernilla
Pernilla
Reply to  willchrisiam

Recently Måns Zelmerlöw and Polina Gagarina performed the official theme song for the 2021 World Figure Skating Championships

Stephanie
Reply to  Sven

I’m excited about the Go_A – Gjon collaboration, Kateryna is such a huge fan of him! Gjon also talked to Hooverphonic from Belgium about a possible collaboration too

Sven
Sven
Reply to  Stephanie

yup, but she is not just fan of Gjon, they’re close friends, this is so cute 🙂

Cacao
Cacao
17 days ago

I wonder how many live-on-tape perfomances will be better that what we saw this week.

Brunas
Brunas
Reply to  Cacao

Hopefully a lot. 🙂 I followed religiously the rehearsals with Wiwibloggs and some artists were completely fine vocally during the 1st week, but during the Jury&Live performances, they were totally off! A pity! Some of them were so far off I thought they had issues with their ear-piece. Or they were so damn nervous. I just hope that in the controlled environment of live-on-tapes they were able to relax and properly display their talents. 🙂

Sandrine
Sandrine
17 days ago

I will watch!!!

17 days ago

Great follow-up to the 2021 edition!! Can we please have some Eurovision Again as well?

Stephanie
16 days ago

I think I heard that Eurovision Again will be back in the summer. You should follow their Twitter account (@EurovisionAgain) for more updates

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
Reply to  Stephanie

If it does come back, I’d love to see more past contests. Yes I know there are older contests on YouTube, but the chance to see them in good quality? Yes please

Stephanie
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

Me too! I’ve been repeatedly asking for the 1987 contest, it was the one that I watched in the summer of 2009 on a DVD that really got me interested in following ESC

Reply to  Stephanie

I shall do that, thank you very much for the info!!

I would love to watch the 1991 edition – and then we could see the difference from one edition to another in the same country!!

Saul
Saul
16 days ago

If you are in the UK you can now watch the 1974 & 1998 Editions of Eurovision on BBC iPlayer

Reply to  Saul

Thank you very much. Wowo, two editions held in the UK. Ok, what happened to the BBC? Re-living the old days glory that seems so far away?