She’s the Freaky Queen who, over the course of the past two years, has been a major talking point among Eurovision fans and pretty much anyone who has felt compelled to Google “San Marino.”

And now Senhit — who represented the Most Serene Republic in 2011, 2020 and 2021 — is bidding farewell to her latest Eurovision journey with a special behind-the-scenes cut of her song “Adrenalina”. The video brings together clips of her time in Rotterdam — from hanging with Flo Rida on her hotel balcony to working the turquoise carpet, where she had everyone from Uku Suviste and Anxhela Peristeri to me and Krista Siegfrids chanting uh-dren-uh-lee-nuh.

The backstage video officially brings Senhit’s #FreakyTripToRotterdam series to an end. It’s a bittersweet ending to a glittering journey that saw her cover songs from “Cheesecake” to “Roi” while addressing issues from police brutality to the objectification of women. Italian visionary Luca Tommassini — he of Madonna fame — oversaw the creative process and all those fabulous wigs. Each video felt like a dream.

Writing on Instagram, Senhit teased that this is only the beginning.

“I lived my dream. I made it once again. This time it took two years of hard and passionate work but at the end it was amazing. My Freaky Trip To Rotterdam is officially over…See you all in my next dream. Coming very soon.”

She signed the caption with: “Love you all, I’ll be back.”

You can relive Senhit’s Freaky Trip to Rotterdam by following the links below. Scroll down to watch an extensive interview we filmed with Senhit moments before she took that magical dive from the sky for her “Adrenalina” teaser video. She recounts her vision for her Freaky Trip to Rotterdam and relives some of the artistic highlights of the past year.

10° CHAPTER: “ROI” (Bilal Hassani, France, Eurovision Song Contest 2019)

9° CHAPTER: GOLDEN BOY / TOY” ( Nadav Guedj / Netta Barzilia, Israel, Eurovision Song Contest 2015 and 2018)

8° CHAPTER: ALCOHOL IS FREE (Koza Mostra feat. Agathōnas Iakovidīs, Greece, Eurovision Song Contest 2013)

7° CHAPTER: WATERLOO (ABBA, Sweden, Eurovision Song Contest 1974)

6° CHAPTER: AMAR PELOS DOIS (Salvador Sobral, Portugal, Eurovision Song Contest 2017)

5° CHAPTER: RISE LIKE A PHOENIX (Conchita Wurst, Austria, Eurovision Song Contest 2014)

4° CHAPTER: CONGRATULATIONS (Cliff Richard, United Kingdom, Eurovision Song Contest 1968)

3° CHAPTER: DING A DONG (Teach-In, The Netherlands, Eurovision Song Contest 1975)

2° CHAPTER: EVERYWAY THAT I CAN (Sertab Erener, Turkey, Eurovision Song Contest 2003)

1° CHAPTER: CHEESECAKE (Teo, Belarus, Eurovision Song Contest 2014)

Elsa
Elsa
8 days ago

Omg, Senhit’s version of Amar pelos Dois is so painful to hear 😀

9 days ago

The performance was messy but i prefer the live-on-tape, it looked much better on a smaller stage. How humiliating to bring Flo Rida, spend so much money on everything and get a poor 22nd place… i feel sorry for her though, she was living her moment/life but she must have been shocked by this poor televoting result. She’s soo good but i hope she does not try a third time. I’d like her to be in the SMRTV delegation though, she has positive vibes. Btw, what’s up with the 500k+ views of these freaky videos that only ESC fans watch,… Read more »

vetrina
vetrina
9 days ago

Senhit deserved more in the Grand Final! Too many pop songs this year and the votes were divided. She is very passionate, creative and such a Eurofan herself!

Craig
Craig
10 days ago

I know it was a year loaded with female led bop’s, but I will never understand how this finished 22nd.
Coming out of this Eurovision season with ‘Say Na Na Na’ still standing as San Marino’s best performing entry ever just blows my mind.

MauioN
MauioN
10 days ago

What about Bandido, the cover Senhit made last May after Roi?

ANDREW BROWN
ANDREW BROWN
10 days ago

I love this lady and this song. She deserved so much better than where she finished. If i have one critique and it’s something i have noticed over the years in Eurovision you should not deviate from the song when performing. In other words during the song please don’t shout out to the audience ie hi Rotterdam are you ready to Adrenalina. Ohers have done it in the past resulting in a detrimental result. Wait till you finish or win. That said i hope Senhit comes back to Eurovision soon

Reply to  ANDREW BROWN

This year’s winners did it, though.

Reply to  ANDREW BROWN

indeed, she should’ve said “eurooope oh!!”

10 days ago

I like Senhit and her voice and what we can see of her public persona but I *hate* San Marino’s approach to the contest. If this year’s OTT went down, how OTT should the next act be to go up?
That low placement was all Senhit’s loss, I think, and that if we are to believe that the artists representing San Marino come with the “money*.

Darren
10 days ago

I really hope Senhit plays some part in ESC 2022. She is Italian after all.
Especially if the host city ends up being Bologna.
She could be an interval act, San Marinese entry again, green room presenter, San Marinese/Italian jury vote announcer etc.
She could give a freaky tour of the host city or do something like what Krista done this year. Online content etc.

Azaad
Azaad
10 days ago

In a way, I’m glad that Adrenalina only came 22nd, because had it done well, it would’ve sent the message that inserting a famous celebrity with no connection to the country to a Melfest song (it’s more or less Suzy P’s moves in English) is a good Eurovision strategy.

That said I am sorry for Senhit.

Darren
Reply to  Azaad

I can still see that happening though, especially because of the movie, which I think was more successful with Americans.
I don’t think Flo-Rida will be the last American celebrity cameo on ESC. In fact I think the EBU will be actively encouraging it. It’s obvious they are trying to launch Eurovision into the USA

sam
sam
10 days ago

i was gutted for senhit when she did so poorly with the televote. even an 18th place would’ve been a great victory for san marino.

i do fear however that the reason she did so poorly is because people saw it as too gimmicky to include flo rida in the performance. her confidence on stage was infectious but i think the package came across as a bit pretentious and disconnected

Oy oy
Oy oy
10 days ago

Her performance together with Flo Rida was kind of freaky 😉 She seemed stressed at the vocals were…. not so great :/

Ethan1994
Ethan1994
10 days ago

Honestly, I’m still surprised at the result she got. Especially considering that she didn’t even top Serhat’s 2019 result.

Sot
Sot
10 days ago

Can someone explain how could SO many artists be iconic in ONE year?

Senhit, Måneskin, Gjon, Barbara, all of Hurricane, Kateryna from Go_A, Stefania, Natalia (lol), Elena, Manizha, Jendrik, Joel and the other guy with the black hair from Blind Channel, Daði and his crew (ofc) and GaLaSyZmEsTa

Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  Sot

It had to be extra iconic to make up for the cancellation of 2020

Lalaland
Lalaland
Reply to  Sot

Don’t forget the Epic Flute Guy from Go_A!
And Efentix, staged or not, were iconic as well.

Sot
Sot
9 days ago
Reply to  Lalaland

Oh my God a sequel to Epic Sax Guy! And I agree with Efentix for the most part but the Kateryna-Gjon romance is more interesting…

Bombalurina
Bombalurina
9 days ago
Reply to  Sot

exactly i was thinking about this ! all of them are so iconic. like it’s a eurovision movie and they are fictional characters

acp
acp
10 days ago

I still didn’t recover from the 13 points that the public gave her and her 22nd placing 🙁

Valentino
Valentino
11 days ago

Who would have thought Adrenalina was more a jury song than a televote one?

Senhit is a beautiful person, hope to see her back @ESC soon.

Steven
Steven
Reply to  Valentino

I hope to see her in top 10 next time

Darren
11 days ago

Definitely should have got a better result. I still listen to this daily. It’s still my bop.
I’d love to see Senhit “do a Valentina” and come back every year. She’s such a breath of joy.

Azuro
Azuro
11 days ago

Senhit was robbed. Should easily have been Top 10

euroboy
euroboy
11 days ago

It’s amazing how much effort she put into her Eurovision journey. Such a wonderful person. She deserved more points for sure

Gigliolalovelygirl
Gigliolalovelygirl
11 days ago

Say what you want about Senhit but she really pulled out all the stops this year. From her costumes, her art, her reimagining of the past entries… She EMBRACED this contest like no one else

Dawid
Dawid
11 days ago

And she got 13 points from public… Shame

9 days ago

She had the money to do it and it was her big moment.