Måneskin have another accomplishment to celebrate. The grand final performance of their Eurovision 2021 song “Zitti e buoni” has clocked up well over 50 million views. This makes the video the fifth most popular video on the official Eurovision YouTube channel.
In less than three weeks, Måneskin’s grand final performance has reached more than 50 million views. This makes it one of the most popular videos on the official Eurovision YouTube channel. The video has made it into the top five, nudging Loreen’s grand final performance of “Euphoria” into sixth place with 46 million views.
The rest of the top five is made up of classic Eurovision favourites from Lena and Jesse Matador, and recent hits from Netta and Little Big. But it will be a long way for Måneskin to reach the top spot. Little Big’s Eurovision 2020 entry “Uno” has over 205 million views for its music video. Netta is currently sitting comfortably in second place, with 154 million views for the “Toy” music video.
“Uno” still has a way to go before it outranks some other iconic Italian songs. Mahmood‘s original video for “Soldi” has over 178.88 million views. The music video for the original version of Il Volo‘s “Grand amore” has over 199.18 million views. Even more impressive is the music video for the original version of Francesco Gabbani‘s song “Occidentalis karma”. It has clocked up over 256.72 million views.
However, all these videos use the song in a longer form than the version that was entered into Eurovision in their respective years. As well, the “Zitti e buoni” music video on Måneskin’s official channel has reached over 40 million views since its release in early March.
The enduring popularity of Duncan Laurence’s 2019 winning song “Arcade” has also had an impact on its YouTube views. Both the grand final performance and the song’s music video have entered the top 20 most-watched videos on the Eurovision channel.
The Wiwi Jam performance from Måneskin — which features live performances of “I Wanna Be Your Slave” and “Zitti e buoni” has clocked up over 17 million views.
Top 20 videos on official Eurovision YouTube channel (9 June 2021)
- Little Big – “Uno” (music video) 205.81 million views
- Netta – “Toy” (music video) 154.9 views
- Lena – “Satellite” (music video) 67.33 million views
- Jessy Matador – “Allez Ola Olé” (music video) 62.95 million views
- Måneskin – “Zitti e buoni” (grand final) 51.0 million views
- Loreen – “Euphoria” (grand final) 46.1 million views
- Måns Zelmerlöw – “Heroes” (grand final) 45.45 million views
- Netta – “Toy” (grand final) 44.52 million views
- Lordi – “Hard Rock Hallelujah” (grand final) 43.05 million views
- Sergey Lazarev – “You Are The Only One” (grand final) 42.44 million views
- Hadise – “Düm Tek Tek” (preview video) 42.16 million views
- Eleni Foureira – “Fuego” (grand final) 39.96 million views
- Conchita Wurst – “Rise Like a Phoenix” (semi-final) 38.85 million views
- Emmelie De Forest – “Only Teardrops” (national final) 38.20 million views
- AySel & Arash – “Always” (music video) 36.06 million views
- Verka Serduchka – “Dancing Lasha Tumbai” (grand final) 33.6 million views
- Polina Gagarina – “A Million Voices” (semi-final) 29.37 million views
- Conchita Wurst – “Rise Like A Phoenix” (music video) 29.0 million views
- Duncan Laurence – “Arcade” (grand final) 28.32 million views
- Duncan Laurence – “Arcade” (music video) 27.48 million views
What do you think? Can “Zitti e buoni” reach the top spot? Or will Little Big reign supreme? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!