In 2020, Israel became one of the first countries to bring us national final news, giving us demo versions of songs for Eden Alene as early as December. This time, we’re getting a list of potential artists as early as July. Its artist selection, titled X Factor for Eurovision, won’t start airing until December. But Israeli Eurovision site EuroMix has already published the names of the first 18 acts.
Israel’s X Factor for Eurovision 2022 — potential artists
These are the first 18 names from the first days of filming, according to sources on the ground. If you were an avid follower of Kdam Eurovision back in the day, some names on this list may ring a bell.
- Adi Cohen & Liron Lev – Kdam 2011 second runner-up; A Star Is Born 4th-placer.
- Amit Ben Zaken – Footballer, brother of the famous singer (and X Factor Israel runner-up) Eden Ben Zaken.
- Ana Spitz – Indie pop musician, 33.
- Anna RF – Israeli-Indian ethno-folk ensemble (below: “Weeping Eyes”).
- Ataliyah Pierce – American-Israeli, The Voice of Israel semi-finalist, performed the hook of “Roots” by Eden Alene on HaShir HaBa 2020 (below).
- Dafna Reuveni – 18, granddaughter of the late Ehud Manor, writer of Eurovision winner “A-Ba-Ni-Bi” and runner-up “Chai” (as well as six other entries).
- Gaydaa – Syrian-born Druze singer, runner-up on the singing show Eyal Golan Kore Lakh.
- Ido B Zooki – MTV Award-nominated rap-EDM duo, had several Israel #1’s in the mid-’10s (below: “Ten li levad”).
- Inbal Bibi – Semi-finalist in the first season of X Factor Israel, seen as a fan favourite.
- Linet Menaşi – Award-winning Turkish fantezi pop singer, participated in Kdam in 1993, finishing 10th.
- Maor Titun – Successful songwriter, The Voice of Israel participant.
- Maya Simantov – 39, singer for Ofer Nissim, successful songwriter (below: “If You Only Knew”).
- Or Cohen Akad – Winner of Band Project, teen actress.
- Sapir Saban – Winner of the fourth season of The Voice Israel, sings in Hebrew and Turkish.
- Shalva Berti – Participated in Kdam Eurovision 1985, 1992, and 1995, coming 11th, 4th, and 9th. Reportedly sang the demo of “Can’t Stop a Hurricane” (Israel NF 2021).
- Shimi Tavori – 68, one of the most celebrated Israeli artists of all time, released 31 albums, participated in Kdam Eurovision 1991 and 1993 (below: “Khai et ma sheyesh”)
- Shira Atias – Soul singer, participated in The Four in 2018.
- Yiftah Deri – Soul singer, cousin of Israeli MP Ariye Deri (below: “Avir”)
Which of those would you like to see representing Israel? Who are you still hoping to see audition?