It’s Europe’s favourite retro watch-a-long show. And on Saturday, #EurovisionAgain returned for its September 2021 edition. This time, Eurovision 1968 was the classic song contest of choice.
The original competition held in London saw Spain come out on top.
As with every #EurovisionAgain, today’s fans watching online were able to vote for their favourites…and the winner was exactly the same – Spain’s Massiel with “La, la, la”.
Massiel wins #EurovisionAgain 1968
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 1968. The rankings are based on the votes of all those who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 1968 grand final on Saturday 18 September.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from 53 years ago.
#EurovisionAgain 1968 results
- Spain: Massiel – “La, la, la” (=)
- United Kingdom: Cliff Richard – “Congratulations” (=)
- Yugoslavia: Dubrovački trubaduri – “Jedan dan” (+4)
- Germany: Wenche Myhre – “Ein Hoch der Liebe” (+2)
- Sweden: Claes-Göran Hederström – “Det börjar verka kärlek, banne mig” (=)
- France: Isabelle Aubret – “La source” (-3)
- Finland: Kristina Hautala – “Kun kello käy” (+9)
- Norway: Odd Børre – “Stress” (+5)
- Italy: Sergio Endrigo – “Marianne” (+1)
- Belgium: Claude Lombard – “Quand tu reviendras” (-3)
- Ireland: Pat McGuigan – “Chance of a Lifetime” (-7)
- Netherlands: Ronnie Tober – “Morgen” (+4)
- Portugal: Carlos Mendes – “Verão” (-2)
- Switzerland: Gianni Mascolo – “Guardando il sole” (-1)
- Austria: Karel Gott – “Tausend Fenster” (-2)
- Monaco: Line and Willy – “À chacun sa chanson” (-9)
- Luxembourg: Chris Baldo and Sophie Garel – “Nous vivrons d’amour” (-6)
#EUROVISIONAGAIN 1968 RESULTS ? ??
Votes have been checked and verified by Dr @Ellie_Made EurovisionAgain Exec Supervisor.
The scores from the LONDON 1968 Twitter jury are in…
IT WAS VERY CLOSE….
? ?? CONGRATULATIONS: MASSIEL ?? ?
— #EurovisionAgain (@EurovisionAgain) September 18, 2021
Watch Eurovision 1968 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for this month, but the Eurovision 1968 grand final remains online… for now. You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel. However, it is only available for one month.
But why? Before 2004, the copyright for each show belonged to the respective broadcasters. In the case of 1968, that’s the United Kingdom’s BBC. For now, the British network has opted to make the show available only temporarily.
From 2004, the rules changed and the EBU took over ownership of the rights. Hence, the uploads of contests from 2004 onwards have remained online permanently.
#EurovisionAgain is scheduled to return on Saturday 16 October at 21:00 CEST for another rewatch of a classic song contest.
What is #EurovisionAgain?
Throughout the first 15 weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic, the #EurovisionAgain team organised mass sync viewings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable shows on its YouTube channel.
The rewatches have since switched to monthly affairs, now taking place on the third Saturday of each month.
As well as organising rewatches, the #EurovisionAgain team also added a fundraising element for various LGBTQ+ charities.
For further details about the rewatches, check out the #EurovisionAgain Twitter page.
Do you agree that Massiel deserved to win the Eurovision 1968 rewatch? Which year do you hope #EurovisionAgain travels to next time? Let us know in the comments.