They were the third act confirmed for Eurovision 2022 and they’ll soon be giving us the first song for Turin. Bulgaria’s rock group the Intelligent Music Project has confirmed they will release their Eurovision 2022 entry “Intention” this Sunday, 5 December.

The official Eurovision Bulgaria Twitter account confirmed the news. They wrote: “The world premiere of the Bulgarian song of “Eurovision” 2022 “Intention” is expected this Sunday on The Day Begins with Georgi Lyubenov on BNT 1!”

The Intelligent Music Project will debut their song on the show at 8am EET (9.00 CET).

Intelligent Music Project will perform “Intention” at Eurovision 2022

The Intelligent Music Project was confirmed earlier this week as being Bulgaria’s act for Eurovision 2022. The band is a supergroup, made up of experienced rock performers.

The group is fronted by Ronnie Romero, also of heavy metal group Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow. He is a 40-year-old singer from Chile. Ronnie has also been the lead singer of rock bands including Lords of Black, The Ferrymen, Michael Schenker Group and Sunstorm. He’s lived in Madrid since 2009.

Eurofans will know Intelligent Music Project’s drummer Stoyan Yankoulov. He famously took Bulgaria to fifth place at Eurovision 2007 alongside Elitsa with the song “Voda” (Water). In 2013 the duo returned to Eurovision, but sadly their entry “Samo Shampioni” failed to make the final in Malmö.

Other members in IMP are: X-Factor Bulgaria winner Slavin Slavchev, Bisser Ivanov, Ivo Stefanov and Dimiter Sirakov.

Since 2012, Intelligent Music Project has released six albums: The Power of Mind, My Kind o’ Lovin’, Touching the Divine, Sorcery Inside, Life Motion, and 2021 release The Creation.

The group regularly perform live, both in Bulgaria and at rock events around Europe.

What do you think? Are you excited to hear “Intention”? Should more Eurovision groups release their songs early? Tell us your thoughts below!

Nicolas
Nicolas

New technique : release early, if people don’t like it make a revamp and if still not then a revamp of the revamp and finally change the song if still a mess.

Stian F
Stian F

Why am i imagining myself Ulrikke’s “Attention” as a rock version at the moment. Just saying the title “Intention” in my head makes me start humming on “Attention”. LoL

Czech Republic and Albania have left the chat.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Compatriot, make us proud!

Reply to  Sebastian

Chile’s kinda there in Mello as well. You’re set. Take your flag out!

Lil Krumpy

Seems they’re quite confident.

Reply to  Lil Krumpy

They all are until they fail.

kir
kir

Hope Bulgarian broadcaster is into the fail-fast approach so they can do something (e.g. to change the song or make a decent revamp) if there’s a backlash against the initial material. Cause I don’t see any other reason to go public so early.

Ukraine stan
Ukraine stan

eh, not very interested, nq for sure

Zisk
Zisk
Reply to  Ukraine stan

Surefire NQ before a song is even out…? Weirdo

Bombalurina
Bombalurina

why so early

Alo
Alo

My expectations are quite low. But maybe I’ll get some surprise..

Eurovision fan
Eurovision fan

It surprises me how they did it all quickly, as if they did not care so much about ESC 2022 and just selected the artist with song. We’ll see what follows.

Last edited 9 months ago by Eurovision fan
BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
Reply to  Eurovision fan

It could be a good or bad thing depending on the quality of the song.

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl

I thought they were going to Release their song on the seventh, but maybe that’s the official release on YouTube and Spotify.

Last edited 9 months ago by BadWoolfGirl
Esc addict
Esc addict

Georgia and Belgium should do the same during december, I’m sure they have already their songs well prepared especially Belgium since September, It has been proven many times now that the fact to reveal the song very early and among the first that doesn’t impact at all the chances to be successful in May and like that we will begin the new year with 5 esc 2022 songs. I mean the eurofans need material to rank and stuff to discuss lol, the more we have, the better 😉

Luc
Luc

idk what to say or think about this. I mean, the broadcaster must be very excited about and proud of the entry to be willing to release it this early. On the other hand, I fear the early release hurts its chances, but given that “Voilà” and “Shum” were both released early last season and managed to go top 5, anything can be possible. Anyways, I hope it’s a great entry to start the 2022 season, I can’t wait to see what Bulgaria’s got in store for us! Edit: It’s pretty exciting to notice that we’ll get to know 3… Read more »

Last edited 9 months ago by Luc
Luc
Luc
Reply to  Luc

I’m aware of that. Ironically, I can’t vote myself because I don’t live in Europe 🙁

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean

I remember Trijntje from The Netherlands released her song in. December. And was too lazy to turn it into something good despite having time forever to do so. Hopefully, this one is more thought out and finished. I like early releases.

Thanos
Thanos

Usually I am reluctant to listen to ESC songs that are made public that early, since I always have the fear that I will grow tired of them by the time of the actual contest. Nevertheless, I surely can’t wait for the song to be released and for this year’s season to officially begin
(P.S. and I am sure that I will listen to the song the day it gets released) .

Stian F
Stian F
Reply to  Thanos

If you get tired of a song that easily then ita not a good song for you, so it wouldnt matter then in the end…

I still listen to 10-20 songs from past editions (i mean every edition the last 10 years) as the songs are great and i dont get tired of them at all. Thats the sign of a personal good song 🙂

Aaron
Aaron

What an early bird, can’t wait to listen to it.

Meckie
Meckie

Isn’t it a disadvantage to release a Eurovision song so early? When was the last time a song released so early won Eurovision or Top 5 result, please? Anyone can help, I can’t remember so well?

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Meckie

I mean I can’t remember the last time or if it even happened but there doesn’t have to be causality between these two factors. The last few years we have like only one or two songs released in december so lets statistically say every song had the same amount of chance to win, then there would be around 5% chance of the winning song being one of the 2 released in december instead of the other 35+ entries.

Last edited 9 months ago by Frisian esc
Poot
Poot
Reply to  Meckie

It really depends what you describe as early, but France was the 3rd song chosen last year and got 2nd place.

richie
richie
Reply to  Meckie

Albania´s Rona Nishli´s Suus… i think

Ellie
Ellie
Reply to  Meckie

It’s possible it could hurt them in the odds if they “peak” too soon and newer songs outshine them. On the contrary, you’d think the viewers most likely to vote for them will hear their song for the first time at the semi-final.

Reply to  Meckie

We first heard Barbara Pravi’s song in December 2020, it didn’t hurt her.

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  Jonas

Yes, but the national final in France was in January.

sam
sam
Reply to  Meckie

shum and voila were both in the first 5 songs of the year…. lmao

Meckie
Meckie
Reply to  sam

But they still did not win, so…???

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  sam

Even before Albania´s selection ? I actually don´t remember….

Leaf
Leaf
Reply to  Meckie

It’s not like they got a top 5 with the last few they released among the last ones to do so.
But this early …. Seems strange.
Good luck to them nonetheless.

Stian F
Stian F
Reply to  Meckie

I think the disadvantage would be that one never knows what will be trending that early and those internally chosen acts releasing their songs late can adjust their entry or even go for a completely different one if they are really in it to win it and feel their original choice would just drown completely among other similar style songs…

If it ends up being the only rock act of the year i am sure it will have some success definitely. But after Måneskins victory last year i am sure there will br loads of rock acts this year.

Esc addict
Esc addict

It’s coming! Eurovision 2022 is coming , let’s do this!

Esc addict
Esc addict
Reply to  Esc addict

However what a big change in strategy from Bulgaria, they are used to reveal their entries among the last in March each time, we are talking about 4 months earlier here, it’s huge in Eurovision temporality!

Dido
Dido

That’s fast! Good for us (fans), hopefully good for them, to be the first! They must be very proud of there song ‘Intention’.

Nils
Nils
Reply to  Dido

Or they feel the need to give it the biggest publicity boost they could possibly give it right now. We’ll know by Sunday.

Wow they’re going on a totally different route than what they did with Victoria. For 2020, they announced her in November of 2019 (so the same as this entry) but we had to wait until March to hear the song. Same with 2020, we didn’t even hear most of the EP until January/February and the song wasn’t selected until March, so this is either going to be a mess or really good