Zdravo from Opatija! Croatia’s broadcaster HRT has just revealed the names of the 14 artists who will compete at Dora 2022, the country’s Eurovision selection show.
The list of names sees many returnees, including Mia Negovetić, Bernarda and ToMa. This will be both Mia’s and Bernarda’s third consecutive attempt to represent Croatia at Eurovision. But Dora will also be keeping things fresh with debuts from up and coming talents like Marko Bosnjak, Tia and Jessie.
Our Wednesday Wishlist pick Mia Dimsic will debut at Dora 2022. She will sing “Guilty Pleasure”, a country pop song in English written by Mia and some other prominent local songwriters. The singer from Osijek decided to send a song that’s been “standing in a drawer for some time and is very dear to her heart“. She’s looking for a new experience regardless of the outcome.
Despite previous rumours that suggested otherwise, Damir Kedzo will not be returning to the Opatija stage this February. His management dismissed the speculation was dismissed a few days before the reveal.
A jury made up of Zeljko Mesar, Robert Urlic and Zlatko Turkalj from HRT, Aljosa Seric from Hrvatsko drustvo skladatelja (the Croatian Society of Composers) and Antonela Doko from Hrvatska glazbena unija (the Croatian Music Union) whittled down a record 184 entries to just 14.
Croatia’s Dora 2022: competing acts
View this post on Instagram
- Mia Negovetic – „Forgive Me (Oprosti)“ (Mia Negovetic/Laurell Barker/Denniz Jamm/Andreas Stone Johansson)
- Mia Dimsic – „Guilty Pleasure“ (Mia Dimsic/Vjekoslav Dimter/Damir Bacic/Ante Gelo)
- Bernarda – „Here for Love“ (Bernarda Brunovic/Adriana Pupavac/Andreas Bjorkman/Karl Persson/Jonas Ekdahl/Aidan O’Connor)
- Tina Vukov – „Hideout“ (Rejhan Okanovic/Tomislav Gojanovic/Josipa Vujevic)
- Eric Vidovic – „I Found You“ (Eric Vidovic/Filip Vidovic/Gordan Dragic)
- Ella Oreskovic – „If You Go Away“ (Sinisa Reljic – Simba)
- ToMa – „In the Darkness“ (Adriana Pupavac/Andreas Bjorkman/Tomislav Maric/Aidan O’Connor/Samuel Runsteen)
- Mila Elegovic – „Ljubav“ (Bruno Krajcar)
- Roko Vuskovic – „Malo Kasnije“ (Predrag Martinjak/Roko Vuskovic/Jan Sinjor Cetkovic)
- Marko Bosnjak – „Moli za Nas“ (Vlaho Arbulic/Mihović Sostaric)
- Jessie – „My Next Mistake“ (Silvio Pasaric/Jessica Atlic – McColgan)
- Elis Lovric – „No War“ (Anthony Kukuljan/Elis Lovric/Sandi Bratonja)
- Zdenka Kovacicek – „Stay on the Bright Side“ (Adi Karas/Elvis Srsen NoA/Zvonimir Bajevic/Jurica Hotko)
- Tia – „Voli me do Neba“ (Vlaho Arbulic/Mihovil Sostaric)
As with every year since its 2019 return, there is a list of four reserve acts who will step in if any of the other acts are forced to quit the show. In the past this reserve list has been used twice — in 2019 and 2020.
Dora 2022 reserve acts
- Karlo Vudric – „3AM“ (Karlo Vudric/Hrvoje Domazet)
- Vyan – „Gladiator“ (Ronny Svendson/Anne Judith Stokke Wik/Nermin Harambasic)
- Totalni Optimizam – „What If“ (Marko Mihaljevic/Neil Patrick O’Hagan/Mario Mihaljevic)
- Stella Schollaja – „Ghost“ (Stella Schollaja)
HRT has not said when the songs will be revealed. In 2021, the broadcaster published the one-minute snippets of each song one week before the show. It is most likely that we won’t hear the songs in full before the live broadcast of the Dora grand final.
The grand final of Dora 2022 is set to take place on February 19 2022 live from Opatija.
Are you happy with the acts? Will you be watching Dora next year? Make sure to leave your comment down below!