Pabandom Is Naujo 2022 Heat One Acts
Photo: LRT

Lithuania’s Pabandom iš naujo! 2022 starts up on Saturday 8 January. And while local fans can catch the country’s Eurovision selection by switching their televisions to LRT, international viewers will need to try alternative means.

Here’s when and how you can watch Heat One of Pabandom iš naujo! 2022.

Pabandom is naujo! 2022 Heat One | Livestream

Heat One — 8 January 2022

Time: 20:00 CET to 21:40 CET

The programme will be streamed live on LRT’s website. It will be available to watch worldwide. The series will then continue for the next five Saturdays.

Click to Watch Pabandom is naujo! 2022 Heat One livestream

The first heat will see eleven acts perform. The running order is:

1. Elonas Pokanevič – “Someday”
  2. Joseph June – “Deadly”
  3. Urtė Šilagalytė – “Running Chords”
  4. Gabrielė Goštautaitė – “Over”
  5. Mary Mo – “Get up”
  6. Augustė Vedrickaitė – “Before You’re 6 ft Under”
  7. “Sun Francisco” – “Dream Again”
  8. Voldemars Petersons and “The Break Hearters” – “Up”
  9. Aldegunda – “Holiday”
  10. Viktorija Faith – “Walk Through the Water”
  11. Erica Jennings – “Back To Myself”

Six songs will qualify for the semi-final. The result will be determined by a 50/50 jury/televote split. There will be two more qualifying rounds, followed by two semi-finals. The grand final is scheduled for 12 February.

Are you excited for Heat One? Who do you think will qualify? Let us know below.

I enjoyed all songs except “Get up”. I was VERY disappointed with Voldemars’ and the BH’s performance.

Qualified for the semi-finals:

1. Erica Jennings (18 pt)
  2. Auguste (16 pt)
  3. Urte (16 pt)
  4. Joseph June (15 pt)
  5. Mary Mo (15 pt)
  6. Elonas (11 pt)

Did not qualify:

• Sun Francisco (9 pt)
  • Voldemars (6 pt)
  • Viktorija (5 pt)
  • Aldegunda (5 pt)
  • Gabriele (3 pt)
Reply to  Devito

Thank you for posting the ranking.

I’m going to be risky, and ask this question:
Did Erica Jennings win this heat because she showed off her “attributes”? I wonder.

Žilvinas
Žilvinas
Reply to  Purple Mask

She did

Reply to  Purple Mask

That and familiarity, There wasn’t really a leader in this heat

Reply to  Purple Mask

She won because she’s an established name with years of credentials surrounded by newcomers and less famous artists. Her performance was also good, and she totally has charisma. Here my accolades stop. The song is, to put it politely, *really* not my taste. Also, yeah, there was no big frontrunner who would take the spotlight.

Last edited 4 months ago by Colin
Reply to  Colin

That was nicely diplomatic, Colin. 🙂
N.B. My question was more directed towards those people who voted for Erica Jennings.

Devito

Personally, I find Joseph June to be the biggest disappointment (I was expecting more power, more craziness, childness, openness, etc.). Maybe he’s saving himself for later shows. Biggest pleasant surprise was Mary Mo and Urte Silagalyte. I was expecting worse, not too bad.

Reply to  Devito

That is, if he qualifies to the semi finals. He might end up being eliminated, but let’s wait and see.

Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

I stand corrected he did qualify.

Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

He did qualify to the semi finals. He might or might not qualify to the finals. But the six acts that qualified will be seen in the semis.

Having watched all performances, I respectfully find this heat quite unremarkable: the only song I can remember and hum along is Voldermars’. I was lost in analysing his modified “warrior” so I missed the alien language. the biggest standout musically for me is Sun Francisco’s “Dream Again”. Mainstream and safe with a bit of a shaky vocal at times but she did not seem to try “too hard”. It had nice energy. Viktorija Faith’s “Walk Through the Water” seemed like a nice ballad that but all I can remember is the dress. Erica Jenning’s “Back to Myself” – I did… Read more »

BadWoolfGirl

Well, this heat wasn’t hyped to be A great display of songs anyway. I’m sorry that you came in with high expectations and were disappointed. Let’s hope the next two heats have some better stuff. We haven’t heard the songs from the most anticipated artist yet, so let’s hope they can be the gems Among the coal.

Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

Thank you, that’s nice. The show was enjoyable nonetheless. There must be a few good songs among the 25 left.

BadWoolfGirl

I don’t expect every song to be a masterpiece, but I hope there is a small Cadre of strong contenders to represent Lithuania at Eurovision. They just haven’t been released yet.

Ivev
Ivev
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

Lithuania’s first heats never were strong. That are known by now.

The only song I have any winning vibes with is Running Chords, but I am impressed by the Sun Francisco singer’s stage presence. Erica Jennings was also quite striking. Sadly, I don’t like her song one bit.
Thanks, Lithuania, for opening the 2022 season. The show looks great. Best of luck! 🙂

Reply to  Colin

I actually liked “Before you’re Six-feet Under” and “Up” for being up-tempo and having interesting lyrical concepts. Also, “Walk Through The Water” would be a beautiful song to play over the end credits of a film. The only downsides I had were about some of the vocal performances being flat. But I still enjoyed this heat. It’s the only one I can watch live this year because of clashes with other nationals, but best of luck to Lithuania for the season.

Reply to  Purple Mask

BY6ftU is my second, I think. I enjoyed the vibe, but didn’t really grab me yet. A deserving Q, no doubt. Up could be a guilty pleasure. The music is memorable, but the lyrics + performance… ha ha ha 😉

Devito

Jury opinion on the last 3 acts.

Reply to  Devito

Vaidotas: finds Erica to be the professional queen but did not understood the purpose of dancers (did not like indifferent outfits). Mary Mo demonstrated professionalism in vocals and visualisations. Urte was too much of a mystery and shadows, she lacked of visualisations’ balance and bravery.

Reply to  Devito

Ieva: Erica was a queen and agrees on Vaidotas comment about not needing dancers. Cannot be objective due to huge love for SKAMP. Mary Mo was lacking of an empowering chorus/bridge/climax.

Reply to  Devito

Vytka: Urte’s song would be good for a movie – first part where in the background a fire is happening, second part where a hero is killing a dragon. The act had its drama, liked it a lot. Erica has her style, song is good but from the point of lyrics, it looks more of a ballad although she sung it differently. Mary Mo was a true professional – everything was nailed.

Reply to  Devito

Geruta: she would move dancers from Erica’s act somewhere on the side so Erica would remain the queen, good vocals. Mary Mo was lacking something on the stage, maybe she was lacking for a more powerful vocals tonight. Urte’s song was one of many in the ESC and an artist was a little bit out of tune.

Gijo
Gijo
Reply to  Devito

Thank you so much for all the translations!

Reply to  Devito

Ramunas: liked Erica but it was a very Eurovision-ish song. Mary Mo was a great vocalist. Urte also had a good voice. He noticed that it’s pretty hard to concentrate attention for a single person on the stage for all 3 minutes so he suggested to add something for later shows.

Devito

“Basas Pegasas” did not participate this week due to health issues (not indicated was it Covid or something else). They will come next week with 13 acts competing for 6 tickets to the semi-finals. 🙂

Devito

Jury opinion on the second 4 acts.

Reply to  Devito

Ramunas: all were nice and impressive but Elonas was kinda weird to him

Reply to  Devito

Ieva: found it weird why Elonas was wearing gloves, the song seemed to be written in LTU and then poorly translated into ENG. Liked Sun Francisco jazz vibes.

Reply to  Devito

Vytka: Viktorija did not show the voice potential and it looked weak for a ballad. Elonas reminded him of Bon Jovi. Liked Aldegunda.

Reply to  Devito

Geruta: Aldegunda reminded her one of Britney Spears song. Most impressive was Sun Francisco.

Last edited 4 months ago by Devito
Reply to  Devito

Vaidotas: Viktorija was nice and reminded him a little bit of Ieva Zasimauskaite, show was making him sleepy. Aldegunda is lacking power and was overshadowed by dancers. Sun Francisco impressed the most

Nikki
Nikki

Not the winning entries, but it is so nice to watch the show just for the sake of performances, listen to the music and discover artists.

Sun Francisco!

I’m having so much fun watching this so far. Thanks to LRT and the artists. A pleasant surprise at the start of the season. 🙂

• Bikus did not like much of Voldemars and it reminded him of 2002 with no luck
Reply to  Devito

Thank you so much for providing translations. 🙂

Devito

Jury opinion on the first 4 acts.

Reply to  Devito

All jury members agreed Auguste did the best job but she needs to improve on keeping up her “brave” style.

Reply to  Devito

Auguste was by far the best out of five acts thus far, and it’s still a median song for me.

• Geruta was not a fan of Gabriele Gostautaite
Reply to  Devito
  • Vaidotas did not like Joseph June due to the same word rhyming as “On Fire” and the ending (identical hand position)
Reply to  Devito
  • Ieva liked the groove of Joseph June and criticized Voldemars (she did not understand the song theme)
Last edited 4 months ago by Devito
Reply to  Devito

“she did not understand the song theme”. To be fair, I don’t either. It’s probably environmental, but it’s so clunky.

Reply to  Colin

The eloquence of that alien language.

• Ramunas was happy to find out about the new artist – Joseph June
Last edited 4 months ago by Devito
Europotato
Europotato

Can I ask, are they miming in this show?

Last edited 4 months ago by Europotato

Update running order:

1. Auguste Vedrickaite
  2. Gabriele Gostautaite
  3. Voldemars Petersons
  4. Joseph June
  5. Aldegunda
  6. Viktorija Faith
  7. Elonas Pokanevic
  8. Sun Francisco
  9. Urte Silagalyte
  10. Mary Mo
  11. Erica Jennings
Reply to  Devito

Why did they change up running order?

Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

Hosts did not explain. 🙂

Reply to  Devito

Are you from Lithuania by any chance? If so, could you share what Vaidotas said about Voldemars’ and the Break Hearters song/performance?

Devito

Yes. I gave a brief summary of comments above. Unfortunately, cannot write long comments because then I get “pending” for comment approvals. 😀

Thank you!

Thank you *so very much*!! All comments appreciated 🙂

Let’s do this!

The show is starting! 🙂

Devito

Are you ready for yet the most weak Heat in Lithuanian history? Joseph June will take it with no real effort put in.

Reply to  Devito

I am ready to enjoy this first heat!! It would be wonderful if we got English language commentary for the final show!!

Devito

There are contacts page on LRT page under the section “Department for Culture and Leisure” where contacts are publicly accessible. You can try to write to the head of department (Gintare) or department’s journalists asking about the possibility for PIN commentary in English. 🙂

Reply to  Devito

Thanks for the suggestion. I shall not bother them. It was just a bit of a wish after seeing the huge success of Yle from Finland.

The Lithuanian broadcaster must know whether they have resources or capacity to provide commentary in English 🙁 or whether having it might pay off.

willchrisiam
willchrisiam

Intrigued by the comments I went and listened to Moosu X’s, Urte’s and Gabriele’s songs. Sadly I’m not impressed. The first two sounded like they were arranged by the same person who makes dramatic movie trailer music. So predictable which makes them anything but what they are trying to be – dramatic. Gabriele’s song sounds like something you’d hear in a teenage/ya tv show. All three are well produced but formulaic and shallow. They are not bad but I certainly hope they are not an indicator of what the rest of the songs are gonna be like.

I’ve heard the 8 already released songs from PIN Heat 1. I can’t say that I’m impressed in a whole. If the remaining 3 songs don’t produce something really strong, Urte should win this heat. Her song has an interesting vibe. Gabriele’s song Over is also promising until it starts getting repetitive. Viktorija’s song is pleasant, but doesn’t reach a climax I was hoping for. Voldermars’ song has a neat singalong chorus, but it’s unintentionally funny as it tries to be deep. The ”alien parts” crack me up. Aldegunda’s song has some aspects from Womanizer, minus any development or velocity.… Read more »

Reply to  Colin

Actually a ninth song was released today “Before You’re 6 ft Under.” This rock bop surprisingly actually gives this heat a jolt of energy that it’s been missing. “Someday” and “Get Up” still aren’t released yet, so it remains to be seen if they will elevate this weak heat or just be more beige additions.

Oh my
Oh my

Check Moosu X -Love that hurts that song is just woooooow

Reply to  Oh my

I must agree, it’s actually quite good.

BadWoolfGirl

Interesting that on the eve of the first heat, 8 of these songs are all released. The only songs that aren’t out yet are “Someday,” “Get Up”, and “Before You’re 6 ft Under”. Someone actually made a playlist with the running order, apart from the missing songs (and for some reason, Back to Myself and Walk Through the Water are flipped–probably because the latter was just released today). https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFnS5S7lVgMz9EJkrBBlYmpC3FVWxfcRK

ete sech
ete sech

I’m more excited for the next heats, but let’s see who makes it to the next stage here

Last edited 4 months ago by ete sech
Kat
Kat

JUNKO ENOSHIMA COSPLAY …….?????

Roodi
Roodi

I have a life so I won’t watch

Ashton
Ashton
Reply to  Roodi

says frequent wiwibloggs user and troll

Roodi
Roodi
Reply to  Ashton

yes I like to troll when I am free crom work

ete sech
ete sech
Reply to  Roodi

Dude, if the only thing you do when you’re free from work is trolling (or attempting to do so) in a niche web page, then you don’t have as much of a life as you claim to have

Leoni445
Leoni445
Reply to  Roodi

“crom” might want to get back to school first with that spelling. I doubt you have a job, or are you just single and lonely, probably all of the above

Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  Roodi

Thank you for this useless information

zheng
zheng

Urte ” Running chords” and Gabriele “Over” are the best in first heat. Honestly, pretty bad 1st heat. I’m waiting for Ieva, Gebrasy, Monika Liu, Vilja and Monika Linkyte

Reply to  zheng

What about Ruta Loop? Her song title “Call Me From the Cold” intrigues me, but I don’t want to get too overhyped or have too many preconceptions of what the song could turn out to it.

The other names you listed that you’re waiting for could have the best songs for this selection, but they could also disappoint. Let’s wait and see.