Il-lejla t-tajba Malta! TVM has released 20-second snippets of all 22 competing entries in Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2022. What a feeling!
And no: that’s not an unrequested throwback to Flashdance. That’s the slogan of this year’s MESC. Along with the snippets, TVM also shared more details of its renewed national selection.
They have a geometrical red heart as their logo and have also set the dates: the semi-final will happen on Thursday 17 February, and the final on Saturday the 19th.
MESC 2022: Listen to the snippets
All 22 snippets are available to listen to on TVM’s and Eurovision Malta’s Instagram profiles. Click here to listen to the songs.
This is the list of competing acts:
- Aidan Cassar – “Ritmu”
- Baklava ft. Nicole – “Electric Indigo”
- Denise Mercieca – “Boy”
- Derrick Schembri – “II”
- Emma Muscat – “Out of Sight”
- Enya Magri – “Shame”
- Francesca Sciberras – “Rise”
- Jade Vella – “Revelación”
- Janice Mangion – “Army”
- Jessica Grech – “Aphrodisiac”
- Jessica Muscat – “Kaleidoscope”
- Malcolm Pisani – “We Came for Love”
- Mark Anthony Bartolo – “Serenity”
- Matt BLXCK – “Come Around”
- Miriana Conte – “Look What You’ve Done Now”
- Nicole Azzopardi – “Into the Fire”
- Nicole Hammett – “A Lover’s Heart”
- Norbert Bondin – “How Special You Are”
- Rachell Lowell – “White Doves”
- Raquel Galdes Briffa – “Over You”
- Richard Micallef – “Hey Little”
- Sarah Bonnici – “Heaven”
MESC 2022: Comebacks and familiar faces
Among the names are two former Eurovision stars as well as plenty of familiar faces from previous editions of MESC as well as The X Factor Malta.
Former Firelight frontman Richard Micallef is part of the lineup. He previously competed at Eurovision 2014 with his family band, making it to the grand final with the song “Coming Home”. Richard Micallef also returned to MESC 2018 along with his father Joe Micallef. The duo finished second with “Song for Dad”.
Another familiar face is Jessica Muscat — formerly known as Jessika. In 2018 she won San Marino’s national final 1IN360 and represented the microstate alongside German rapper Jenifer Brening. This time Jessica is performing solo with the song “Kaleidoscope”.
Malta’s Junior Eurovision 2010 singer Nicole Azzopardi is also in the contest. She’s competing at MESC with the song “Into the Fire”.
Making her MESC debut is Emma Muscat. In 2018 the young singer competed in the popular Italian talent show Amici di Maria de Filippi, where she placed fifth. While Emma has released a number of Italian songs, she will compete in MESC with “Out of Sight”.
What did you think of Malta’s snippets? Is there Eurovision winning potential? Can any of these acts improve Destiny’s result? Let us know in the comment section below!