Dozens of budding singers from around the world did their best at the audiences. But in the end, only 66 acts have made it to the next stage of Una voce per San Marino. Broadcaster SMRTV has announced the names of the emerging artists who have made it to the next stage of San Marino’s new national final Una voce per San Marino.
The list is made up of 60 international artists and six Sammarinese acts. They will compete in the upcoming semi-finals of the emerging artists section.
National final stars feature among semi-finalists
There are no former Eurovision stars on the list, however a few familiar faces from previous national finals have made the cut.
After missing out on the ESCZ 2022, Czech singer Elis Mraz (aka Eliska Mrázová) is looking for a second chance with San Marino. The German singer Sebastian Schmidt also made the list — he is the only returning act from San Marino’s 2018 national final 1IN360.
Another act to have made the list is OXA, the Brazilian-born German singer. OXA came to fame on the German edition of the X Factor, but was also one of the songwriters behind Elena Tsagrinou’s sizzling Eurovision 2021 song “El diablo”. Another X Factor alum is Kurt Cassar, who made it to Judges Houses on the first series of the X Factor Malta.
The Portuguese singer João Paulo (who is performing as a duet with Miguel was part of the Festival da Canção 2017 act Viva La Diva. The popera group won the grand final televote and came very close to being Portugal’s act for Eurovision 2017.
The list of semi-finalists is dominated by acts from neighbouring Italy. The list also includes six acts from San Marino who will compete in their own semi-final.
Among the acts who missed out on the semi-finals were 1IN360 runner-up Sara de Blue, who had auditioned as a duo with the jazz-pop singer Jack Marsina. Also missing out was the Italian comedy heavy metal group Nanowar of Steel and the Swedish twin sister singer-songwriters Ylva & Linda.
San Marino’s new national final
The shortlisted Emerging Artists will compete in four semi-finals from 13 to 16 February. The acts will perform a cover of a well known song and present their choice of unreleased song. The top three acts in each semi will progress to the Emerging Artists final.
There’ll also be a second chance contest on 17 February for the acts who finished in fifth to eighth place in each semi. The 15 qualifiers will compete in the Emerging Artists final on 18 February.
From there, the nine qualifying Emerging Artists will compete alongside nine Established Artists in the grand final of Una voce per San Marino on 19 January. The Established Artists won’t have to audition and will be directly invited to compete. In the grand final, acts will perform their potential Eurovision song.
The winner, second and third places will be selected by an expert jury alone.
Una voce di San Marino – Emerging Artists semi-finalists
- Aaron Sibley (United Kingdom 🇬🇧)
- Alessandra Simone (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Alessia Labate (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Alice Burani (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Allerija (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Anna Faragò (Italy 🇮🇹)
- ASHLEY (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Brenda (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Camille Cabaltera (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Corinna Parodi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Daniel Mincone (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Daniela Pisciotta (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Davide Rossi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Diego Federico (Austria 🇦🇹)
- Elena & Francesco Faggi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Elisa Del Prete (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Eliska Mrázová (Czech Republic 🇨🇿)
- Ellynora (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Florent Amare (France 🇫🇷)
- Frio (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Giada Varaschin (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Giorgio Borghes Aka Claudia F (United Kingdom 🇬🇧)
- Gisele Abramoff (Brazil 🇧🇷)
- I Koko (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Jessica Anne Condon (United Kingdom 🇬🇧)
- João Paulo & Miguel (Portugal 🇵🇹)
- Joe Romano & TheStolenClipper (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Katrin Roselli (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Kimberly Genil (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Kumi Watanabe (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Kurt Cassar (Malta 🇲🇹)
- Le Bebae (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Leonardo Frezzotti (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Lorenza Rocchiccioli (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Luca Cima (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Luca Veneri (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Luci Blu (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Mad (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Marco Saltari (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Maria Chiara Leoni (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Martina Gaetano (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Mate (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Matilde Montanari (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Matteo Giannaccini Gravante (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Muriel (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Nada e Sissi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- OnlySara (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Operapop (Italy 🇮🇹)
- OXA (Clayton) Sia (Germany 🇩🇪)
- Raimondo Cataldo (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Riccardo Foresi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Riccardo Guglielmi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Sebastian Schimdt (Germany 🇩🇪)
- Snei Ap (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Thomas Grazioso (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Tothem (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Valentina Tioli (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Vanja Vatle (Norway 🇳🇴)
- Veronica Liberati (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Vina Rose (Italy 🇮🇹)
Una voce di San Marino – Emerging Artists semi-finalists (San Marino)
- Alibi (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Elisa Mazza (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Garon x Duan (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Giada Pintori (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Ginevra Bencivenga (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Giulia Vitri (San Marino 🇸🇲)
What do you think? Who would you like to see represent San Marino at Eurovision 2022? What sort of song should San Marino send to Turin? Tell us your thoughts below!