Eurovision Live Streams 22 January

It’s a slight case of deja vu tonight, as the same two countries as last Saturday are back in action once again — Lithuania with heat three of Pabandom iš naujo! 2022 and Norway with semi-final two of Melodi Grand Prix 2022.

Here are all the details you need for 2022’s third Saturday of national selections.

You can follow all the results on wiwibloggs (and via our Twitter: @wiwibloggs and Instagram: wiwibloggs) throughout the evening. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s happening, when it’s on and how to watch.

Saturday 22 January: Eurovision 2022 Selection Shows

Norway’s Melodi Grand Prix 2022

Semi-Final Two

Time: 19:50 CET to 21:05 CET

This evening’s second semi will start with performances from four artists across two duels. They are Lily Löwe, Steffen Jakobsen, Farida and Daniel Lukas. The first two duel winners will face off against each other, resulting in one finalist. Christian Ingebrigtsen — one of the automatic qualifiers — will also showcase his entry tonight.

Click to Watch Melodi Grand Prix 2022 Semi-Final Two

Lithuania’s Pabandom is naujo!

Heat Three

Time: 20:00 CET to 21:40 CET

This heat will see twelve more acts battle for six semi-final slots. There are several familiar names including Rūta Loop, Gebrassy, Lolita Zero and Eurovision 2014’s Vilija.

Click to Watch Pabandom is naujo! 2022 Heat Three

You can also watch on the official LRT Lituanica livesteam.

Which show will you watch? Let us know below.

PIN was great tonight. The best heat so far. I was expecting Gebrasy to go through, of course, but I am surprised at his placement. I thought he would end up first or second in the combined points. I loooooooved his song and I cannot fault his performance.

Leo
Leo

It’s obvious now that the competition is between Ruta loop and Monika liu after seeing the points for gebrasy.

Lianne
Lianne
Reply to  Leo

Monika is the winner, IMO. The 1940s style takes the cake.

Reply to  Lianne

She is fantastic

Monika won the jury and the televote by a comfortable margin.

Ruta 2nd and Lolita Zero in front of Gebrasy, which is very absurd in my opinion.

Reply to  Sabrina

I dont understand how Lithuanians are thinking to put Lolita Zero above Gebrasy.

Reply to  Nikki

Well, the televote is the televote. But I think the jury was too kind with Lolita. Even more knowing they’ve been so demanding with vocals.

Reply to  Sabrina

I agree on the other 5 and I would still pick Vasha before Lolita. Anyway, a great night for PiN. Monika, Ruta and Gebrasy took the competition to a whole new level tonight. From the other heats, we still have Auguste, Urte, Ieva, Moosu X… if the semifinals are balanced, PiN will have a very good final.

Nikki

Yeah, the thing is that Lolita Zero aka. Giedrius Ivanauskas is an actor and the visuals everything is perfect of course, but there is no singing….

Jacob
Jacob

That was terrible, why would you let it advance only because of visuals? It’s should be mostly about song.

Reply to  Jacob

Yeah there was no singing… so not too sure about going to a song contest without singing.

Reply to  Jacob

After seeing the results, I wonder if your comment may backfire and we may lose a good act in the final…

Reply to  Sabrina

No, you’re not the one to blame. 🙂 And I can’t blame the televote either, they vote for what they want! But I’ll blame the jurors if they don’t put Lolita last or 2nd to last in the semis as long she repeats this total lack of vocal display.

Congratulations to Farida! And to whom it may concern, country doesn’t look like that!

Who sounds dodgy?

Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

Menulio faze

Reply to  Nikki

Oh dear, and I liked that song prior to the show

BadWoolfGirl

I’d like to see the performance, but it’s not uploaded yet on the LRT channel. I’m a little frustrated with that

If it’s between him and Monika as people think it is (I would definitely include Ruta though), Lithuania will be fine. Gebrasy just needs to amp his stage presence a bit, but the guy is clearly very talented with this kind of romantic pop.

I apologize in advance but her performance felt a bit French-Soviet combo re music looks and moves. It was enjoyable nonetheless.

I am a huge pool of emotions because Gebrasy was amazingly beautiful and moving.

Nikki

French-Soviet is not a bad thing, I think, it is part of history.

I could just picture her in an old movie scene with pearls, why not??? in a dark room with Fenster across a dark plaza. And I could hear the song that she was singing in the background.

Nikki

Me too! Especially that culmination bit..

Nikki

I am so shocked how his voice doesn’t sound at all…

I’m impressed by her charisma. She was alone on the stage and I feel I could watch she singing it for half an hour without complaining.

Devito

pabandomisnaujo. lt/heat-three-final-six/
Sorry guys, the link was a little bit altered. Note – these comments are not yet “ready” for wide use – they are simply to guide you what jurors were talking about. I will make it more polish once results are known! 🙂

Reply to  Devito

Thank you so much for those, Devito. Not just because they’re always very helpful, but also because now I’m peaceful by knowing the jurors liked Ruta and won’t hurt her tonight.

Reply to  Sabrina

So the jurors actually really loved Ruta? That’s good. What do they say that they liked about her? Whatever she gets for the televote, at least The jury has her back.

Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

You should check the link (just mind the space before “lt”), it has a good resume on that. 4 of the jurors praised her a lot, just one didn’t see impressed.

Reply to  Sabrina

4 out of 5, not bad.

Nikki

I loved her to bits. Such a great artist from all aspects. Her camera work is lovely and her movements just charming!

Nikki

For Zivile high notes sounded tough.. maybe its just me..

Reply to  Nikki

I agree with Nikki, but I also don’t know it’s a matter of taste. I thought the ending of Zivile’s performance sounded quite screechy.

BadWoolfGirl

I am dying to know what the jurors have said about the Lithuanian performances so far.

Last edited 4 months ago by BadWoolfGirl
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

I know, I try to link and it didn’t work. Devito, We need you!

Nikki

I was so excited for her and now i am disappointed.

Her fashion choices were way worst than her vocals though.

It’s a pity, I like the song.

All of Norway’s acts are nervous! It isn’t fair!

Same.

Nikki

Lithuanian ladies like white baggy trousers 🙂

Air kicking aside, it was a good 1st bunch. But Ruta is my big highlight too. From all the live performances we’ve seen so far in this year’s national finals, hers was my favorite.

And Gebrasy and Monika are still to come!

Klevertak was a good surprise to me. It sounded so low-key and shy on the studio version, I wasn’t expecting a playful Melfest style performance. Whoever wins between him and Farida will have my support in the final duel.

Thanos
Thanos

Farida’s staging was pretty good but the song doesn’t really resonate with me. And I aldo can’t connect with Klevertak. I hope Steffen wins this heat although as of now I predict Farida will qualify

Thanos
Thanos

Both Steffen and Lily were really good!

BadWoolfGirl

PIN is starting right now! I’m actually not going to watch the show, I’m just going to watch the live performance videos that will upload on the LRT YouTube channel later. Then I’ll look up the results. Melodi Grand Prix actually does keep their full episodes uploaded on iPlayer for a while, so if you missed last weeks or if you can’t watch Semifinal to right now, don’t sweat. You can watch it later.

Rutaa woow!!

Reply to  Nikki

Was she really good in her live performance? I’m going to watch the performances later when they’re uploaded it on the LRT channel and I will add them to my life performance playlist

Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

Her staging was really gorgeous and the entire package was amazing.

i am watching PIN tonight and I am officially (for what it’s worth) excited for Gebrasy!! <3 PIN <3 Lithuania <3 LRT Televizija

Gebrasy number 10 in the running order??

I am excited for Monika Li, Ruta Loop, Emilija & Gebrasy <3

Reply to  Nikki

Ruta’s song was etheral and very interesting. I shall await for Monika Li’s entry!!

Indeed! Same here. So exciting 🙂

Let’s do this! This is Eurovision! This is love!

Kalla
Kalla

Does anyone know how to watch Pabandom is naujo after tit has aired. I watched mgp last week first and was disappointed when I couldn’t watch it on LRT after it had aired.

Reply to  Kalla

I don’t know if it happened also during the 2nd heat, but the 1st one was on LRT’s youtube page. That way you could open it, pause it and watch later. The problem is that the image wasn’t good at all. My tip for those who want to watch both shows is using the pause in the MGP streaming, as long you don’t bother having the duels “broken”. For example, last week I watched the 1st song in Norway and paused it. Then I watched the first 4 from Pabandon is Naujo. Went back to Norway for the 2nd and… Read more »

Reply to  Sabrina

Just to confirm, it’s on LRT’s Youtube indeed, but the broadcasting can’t be paused. 🙁 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIFZ6Zfpqs&ab_channel=Lietuvosnacionalinisradijasirtelevizija

Devito
Reply to  Kalla

http://www.lrt. lt/mediateka/irasas/2000197728/eurovizija-2022-atranka-isibegeja-triumfavo-ieva-zasimauskaite-i-kita-etapa-zenge-6-dalyviai

Kalla
Kalla
Reply to  Devito

Wow Sabrina you are even more hardcore than me. Unfortunately I’ve not got much tech here so am just watching on my amazon fire stick. It’s a shame PiN isn’t available to view after it’s been aired like MGP is.

Devito

Lithuanian Jurors’ comments will be available on PIN page: pabandomisnaujo. lt/2022/01/22/heat-three-final-six/

Jacob
Jacob

Can’t wait to hear Fantasy Eyes live. Really good song – wouldn’t mind it in Turin.

ola john
ola john

By the looks of things, Monika Liu is going to Italy. Undoubtedly her song has more fans in Lithuania than Gebrasy’s, it’s only a question if the juries are ready to send a song in Lithuanian. The last time it happened it was 23 years ago! But yes, she is the favorite to win and I am not being biased. In the televote others do not stand a chance.

ola john
ola john
Reply to  ola john

yes, the race is between two songs only. after this week’s releases, every other entry became irrelevant in lithuania. no ieva zasimauskaite, no ruta loop either.

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  ola john

I`ll cross the fingers for her. She´s my favourite.

Last edited 4 months ago by Mr X
Nikki

Crazy excited for PIN! I almost got all my snacks in order for the show 🙂

Nikki

I think PIN should not only be seen as a selection for Eurovision only, but as a nice Saturday music show that people like me enjoy to watch 🙂 So I wouldn’t want them to cut any heats 🙂

Lithuania has at least two fantastic songs tonight – Gebrasy and Ruta Loop. I really hope it’s one of them who wins it all. Monika is also an interesting candidate. Overall, the quality of the third heat surpasses the first two by a lot.

In MGP, songs from the second semi are close in quality, but I’m really looking forward to their live performances.

Reply to  Colin

By the looks it might be Monika. I like her much.

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  Nikki

Me too

Agreed. Also, in theory, lower quality in the first heat(s) could mean loss of interest from the public for the future heats or future editions.

Louka
Louka

This is one of the last Saturday before the marathon of national finals become REALLY busy. I do appreciate every second of this new NF season even if a lot is coming so fast now. So far, my favourite selections (in term of songs only) are in Spain, Portugal, Finland and Estonia (Europe two extremities lol) as I also love some songs in the other ones like in Albania for who “Sekret” is my number one among the already selected songs, but “Jezinky”, “Death of us” are/were according to me original melodies too. I now wait resolutely for the songs… Read more »

Reply to  Louka

My faves are from Lithuania, Portugal and Norway.

Dhebhdfjddbv
Dhebhdfjddbv

I’m pretty sure PiN heat 3 is much stronger than the others but still il be watching mgp tonight
I’m just worried how am I going to watch mgp and melfest at the same time

Anyway who do you think will win mgp semi 2? Lily is pretty good but I think it’s either Stefan or Farida

Reply to  Dhebhdfjddbv

We might need a specific wiwi post for “solutions” as to how to watch and enjoy as many selection shows as possible. It looks like people who like the shows the most also “suffer” the most and will miss out on something they love.

I really wish broadcasters take into account the dates of the shows so that people that can actually vote for their act can enjoy their selection as well.

ffgbndn
ffgbndn

i hope such a thing was possible but propably it aint happening.
Broadcoasters cant se t their progarmms at another time or date just for the fans to watch another show there are so may national finals.
either way they propably wont care abt other shows form other countries

Jamie
Jamie

Where can I find Devito’s translations?

BadWoolfGirl

Yeah, the translated comments for both amusing, and Insightful of how much the judges just seem to be underwhelmed by the contestants. Hopefully heat 3 provide some things they can latch onto that’s actually really good. I agree with you. It will be a heat 3 participant that’s going to eurovision for Lithuania.