Photo: RTSH

London is calling and so is Albania’s Ronela Hajati.

The Eurovision 2022 artist, who will perform in the first half of the first semi-final, has been in the British capital for the past few days working on the revamp of her song “Sekret”.

In between studio sessions and at least one trip to the hair salon, Miss Hajati took the time to tease fans with this snippet of the revamp.

Ronela Hajati shares snippet of “Sekret” revamp

We understand that the revamp process is ongoing and far from finished. That means Ronela is actively reading and listening to your comments about the snippet. So do shout out with your thoughts in the comments section below.

You’ll have noticed already that Ronela is paying attention.

In the comments thread of the above tweet, she’s responded directly to many of her fans.

When one user wrote, “don’t make too many changes” because “everyone fell in love with the original,” Ronela replied, “How wonderful it is to fall in love over and over again?”

What do you think of the snippet? Do you like this less ethnic sound or do you want this to stay closer to the original? Let us know down below!

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by RONELA (@ronelahajatiofficial)

Nana
Nana

It’s a bit.. bad, it has lost some of it’s original sound that made it a FiK winner.

Emmany
Emmany

Sounds a bit dated tbh, maybe this is not the final version?

shira
shira

I’m already loving the instrumentation under the chorus and I’ve only heard one note! Can’t wait to hear it in full.

Esc addict
Esc addict

Stop complaining ya all, you have listened nothing. Let this girl doing her things on HER song, she is very clever, she knows what she is doing, the firsts to complain here will be the first to be blown away in May.

Last edited 3 months ago by Esc addict
MarionParoo Too
MarionParoo Too

I’m really curious now. It’s giving me solid dancehall vibes, which I don’t think we’ve had at Eurovision before.

Isabella
Isabella

I’m kinda concerned now

Martyn Stefansson
Martyn Stefansson

Why can’t artists just leave a song as it is ? I remember falling in love with ‘Ding Dong’ by Dana International and on the night it was awful, barely recognisable and rightly did not qualify. Short of abridging a song to the correct 3 minutes surely any other changes detract from what attributes led it to qualify in the first place.

now that i see the light
now that i see the light

ronela NQ ??

Roodi
Roodi

in your dreams

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl

A 10 second snippet isn’t enough to determine whether this will be a good or bad revamp. Let’s just wait until the new version is out in full.

willchrisiam
willchrisiam

Off topic but kinda not because it has to do with a new version of another nf song – Aminata released I’m Letting You Go. It’s beautiful and a clear winner but it could have been so much better. It’s neither dark and haunting nor explosive enough to obliterate everyone in Turin like she would be capable of. I’m sure it’s not gonna get nowhere near the success Love Injected had and that’s a shame. She’s one of those previous acts I could see coming back and winning it all.

Donkey
Donkey
Reply to  willchrisiam

I hear no change lol

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  Donkey

Yeah, it’s too subtle. I was expecting a much bigger change… Your comment got me second guessing my ears so I went and compared the lyric video version to the one on Supernova’s site and it’s definitely not the same. The first instance where it’s easily distinguishable is during the second chorus. Where they previously cut her voice off now she continues singing and there’s more instrumentation.
I also just realized that the new version is way too long so there’s still hope she’s cooking up an incredible revamp for the ESC… *crosses fingers*

Last edited 3 months ago by willchrisiam
AlexC
AlexC

Meh before, meh now.

finnished
finnished

It sounds great, but the verses weren’t the parts in particular needing a revamp. The main focus should be on cutting and adjusting the beginning because it’s too long, it takes far too much time for the song to start. Secondly, she should work on the chorus to make it more modern and powerful.

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  finnished

It was already reported (elsewhere) that the intro got shortened. There’s also gonna be more English in the new version.

Eurovision fan
Eurovision fan
Reply to  finnished

By making it more ‘modern’ she could destroy the soul of the song by the way

Frisian esc
Frisian esc

I’m really in love with that snippet. Especially that begin of the chorus comes in with a bit more oomph which I like. I think we all should wait until the end product before we start throwing garbage. She has a good producer+ the last few albanian revamps were great with fall from the sky etc.

Also why do people think all ethnic elements are gone? Only thing missing in this tiny snippet are the drums

Last edited 3 months ago by Frisian esc
Reply to  Frisian esc

Flowers, not garbage!

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  Frisian esc

She already said that the traditional instrumentation is still there.

My only criticism is about the word “secret” in the English chorus of the version she sang in FiK. In English the stress is on the first sylable – “sécret”, but she sang it as “secrét” and it didn’t sound right. In Albanian it’s “sekrét” and that’s fine. I hope they find a way to work that out, or work out another catchy lyric, catchy lyrics make people remember songs. You can do it!

Euro fans
Euro fans

You can disagree with me but I don’t feel like I’m hearing Sekret anymore when I heard the snippet. The original version is much better in my opinion. It has that identity that fans were craving for, somehow I feel like it’s fading. I wish they ditch that modern mainstream sound.

Kaiser
Kaiser
Reply to  Euro fans

lmao overreacting over 10 seconds snippet.

The song was already perfect, all she needed to do was make it 3 min and focus on the staging. So far not sure if this is better, but it does sound like a different song which is concerning.

Esc
Esc
Reply to  Alex

Um it had to be cut down and it wasn’t fully cohesive. I really liked the song when it won fik but it was clear that it needed a few changes just to make it sound more cohesive. I don’t think it sounds drastically different and hopefully they will have a brilliant revamp for Turin :).

Alonso
Alonso

That sounds sooo good! Love it! And I saw that somewhere said the lyrics are like “xhamadani vija vija…” NOT ENGLISH (at least not this part). Oh gosh I love Albanian lyrics!!

Last edited 3 months ago by Alonso
Eurovision fan
Eurovision fan

It sounds catchy, but it seems to me they made it more mainstream and sound less ethnic and traditional like it was which is what I was worried for. The same was done to La Venda in 2019. I’m not sure what they did with the beginning, but I loved that choir. They probably removed that part. 🙁

Kaiser
Kaiser
Reply to  Eurovision fan

Once again, the ESC fandom overreacting over a 10 seconds snippet as per. It’s been confirmed that the important ethnic elements of the song will be kept as well as the choir at the beginning. Many people said the song needs a revamp as it apparently was too messy, now you all complain because it’s too mainstream? chill out

Last edited 3 months ago by Kaiser
Ukraine stan
Ukraine stan

It seems like the first verse (?) has been changed, I truly hope that’s only the later bit of the verse ’cause it sounds like that on repeat would be really annoying. Sounds really good though