What are your Saturday plans? Some spring cleaning? A movie? Coffee with friends? Well, whatever they are, scrap them and brace yourself for three hours of musical madness. After a year off, Moldova’s infamous live auditions are back for Eurovision 2022.
And, unlike previous occasions when the auditions were used to select the national finalists, this time the tryouts will determine who goes on to represent Moldova in Turin. There will not be a standalone national final.
Moldova’s Eurovision 2022 representative will be chosen during the live auditions
Originally the plan had been to assess whether there were enough quality acts to justify holding a national final at a later stage. However, that has been scrapped. In a statment, TRM says “the Organizing Committee notes the impossibility of organizing and broadcasting the final stages televised in connection with the epidemiological situation in the country and the significant increase, lately, in the number of COVID-19 infections.”
Here’s when and how you can watch the live auditions for Moldova’s Selecţia Naţională 2022.
Watch Moldova’s Selecţia Naţională 2022 | Livestream
Live Auditions — 29 January 2022
Time: 13:00 CET to 16:00 CET
The Eurovision tryouts will be streamed live on Moldova 2, with a simulcast running on the TRM website. It will be available to watch worldwide. You can watch in the player embedded below, or click the link.
How Moldova’s live Eurovision auditions will work
A total of 28 acts will perform over the course of the three hour period. There are 29 entries remaining in the process, with regular audtionee Sasha Bognibov bringing two songs. Zdob și Zdub are easily the biggest names on the longlist. They represented the country in both 2005 and 2011, finishing sixth and 12th respectively. Other familiar national final names include LEMONIQUE, Maxim Zavidia and Dianna Rotaru. The mysterious Misscatylove and her bonkers “Intro” left the competition shortly after the longlist was published earlier this week.
- Ana Cernicova – “Silent Battlefield”
- Angel Kiss – “The Sunshine in Me”
- Annet Smirnova – “Toxic Eyes”
- Carolina Gorun & Danieli Shvets – “Take Me Anywhere”
- Denis Midone – “Run Away”
- Diana Elmas – “Spirit High”
- Dianna Rotaru – “My Time is Now”
- Emilia Vlas – “Yama”
- Ferum – “Love Is”
- Katy Rain – “Lele”
- LEMONIQUE – “Boys”
- Lanjeron – “Magic Carpet”
- Marcela Scripcaru – “Starlight”
- Maxim Zavidia – “READY”
- Mihaela Andrei – “Libre”
Misscatylove – “Intro”
- Naminal – “Stop Tonight”
- Pelageya Stefoglo – “I’m The Only One”
- Ricky Ardezianu – “Cherche La Femme”
- SENDREI – “Beginner’s Luck”
- Sasha Bognibov – “(I Just Had) Sex with Your Ex”
- Sasha Bognibov – “My Friend is Gay”
- The Tramps – “Sky Blues”
- Trio EVA – “Get A Kiss”
- Tudor Bumbac – “larta-ma ca te iubesc”
- Valeria Barbas – “My Tree”
- Viola Julea – “Before (Twin Flame)”
- Viorela Moraru – “Tell Me That You Love Me”
- Y-LIMIT – “Nothing More”
- Zdob şi Zdub & Fraţii Advahov – “Trenuleţul”
Listen to the 29 entries on the eurovision.md portal.
Once the auditions have wrapped, the powers that be will determine the winner of the auditions and who will represent Moldova at Eurovision 2022. The final decision will be announced during the evening news at 18:00 CET.
Are you excited for the auditions? Will you watch the whole show? Let us know in the comments.