Slovenia will soon have their entry for Eurovision 2022. The grand final of EMA 2022 takes place Saturday evening, with 12 acts still in the running for the crown.
Ahead of the show, we asked our readers to vote for their favourites to win.
Y’all made sure your voices were heard. A total of 3,716 votes were cast in the poll.
With the votes all totted up, it’s now time to reveal the results.
BQL are a favourite to win EMA 2022
There were three main favourites in this poll. But the EMA 2022 act that managed to make their way to the number one spot was BQL. Their song “Maj” picked up 1,231 votes, which is 33.13% of the total cast.
This is the brother duo’s third appearance at EMA, after finishing second in both 2017 and 2018. They’ve achieved a lot of success in Slovenia since then and their fan base is still as strong as ever. Will BQL finally be able to secure the EMA trophy in 2022?
Second place in the poll goes to newcomers LUMA. They’ve had a longer journey than most to get to the EMA 2022 grand final. Battling their way through EMA Freš – the search for up and coming talent – they eventually won and made it to the main competition.
Now the duo look set to be strong contenders for the EMA crown with their song “All In”. LUMA secured 990 votes in our poll – that’s 26.64% of the total.
The final podium spot is for July Jones. She proudly declares that “Girls Can Do Anything”, and she’s hoping that includes winning EMA 2022.
July made her way into third place in the poll by earning 616 votes (16.58%).
Poll results: Who should win the grand final of Slovenia’s EMA 2022?
- BQL – “Maj”, 1,231 votes (33.13%)
- LUMA – “All In”, 990 votes (26.64%)
- July Jones – “Girls Can Do Anything”, 616 votes (16.58%)
- LPS – “Disko”, 179 votes (4.82%)
- Anabel – “Tendency”, 114 votes (3.07%)
- Leya Leanne – “Naked”, 109 votes (2.93%)
- Stela Sofia – “Tu in zdaj”, 94 votes (2.53%)
- Batista Cadillac – “Mim Pravil”, 92 votes (2.48%)
- Gušti feat. Leyre – “Nova romantika”, 80 votes (2.15%)
- David Amaro – “Še Vedno Si Lepa”, 78 votes (2.10%)
- Hauptman – “Sledim”, 67 votes (1.80%)
- Manouche – “Si sama?”, 66 votes (1.78%)
Total votes: 3,716
EMA show details
The grand final of EMA 2022 is set for Saturday 19 February. The overall winner will be determined by a 50/50 split between the public and a jury made up of different panels.
These jury panels will include:
- Members of OGAE Slovenia
- Radio and television personalities
- Music performers
- International artists
After the votes have been combined together, the winner will become Slovenia’s act for Eurovision 2022. Slovenia are set to perform in the first half of the first semi-final on 10 May.
What do you make of the poll results? Are BQL also your pick to win EMA 2022? Let us know in the comments below.