Following its debut episode last week, the American Song Contest returned for Heat Two on Tuesday evening.
Eleven new competitors represented their state or territory in a bid to reach the semi-final.
American Song Contest Heat Two Acts
- Oregon: courtship. – “Million Dollar Smoothies”
- Montana: Jonah Prill – “Fire It Up”
- New York: ENISA – “Green Light”
- Nebraska: Jocelyn – “Never Alone”
- U.S. Virgin Islands: Cruz Rock – “Celebrando”
- Kentucky: Jordan Smith – “Sparrow”
- North Dakota: Chloe Fredericks – “I’ve Been Known to Stay”
- Kansas: Broderick Jones – “Tell Me”
- Virginia: Almira Zaky – “Over You”
- Maine: King Kyote – “Get Out Alive”
- Ohio: Macy Gray – “Every Night”
American Song Contest Heat 2: Kentucky wins jury vote
Born and raised in his home state of Kentucky, Jordan Smith is best known to U.S. audiences for winning season 9 of NBC’s The Voice in 2015. He holds the record as the highest-selling artist in The Voice history, dethroning Adele’s “Hello” at No. 1 on the iTunes charts three times during his run on the show and becoming the first artist ever to replace himself at No. 1 on the Christian Billboard chart.
Jordan has since released four albums and toured extensively around the world, sharing the stage with artists such as Patti LaBelle, Jordin Sparks and Lionel Richie. He also co-wrote the song “Ashes,” performed by Celine Dion for the movie Deadpool 2.
Four acts will ultimately qualify from heat two. During the show, the hosts revealed that Kentucky’s Jordan Smith had won the jury vote — and with it a ticket direct to the final.
The public have three days to vote for their favourites to select three other acts to advance.
Heat 1 qualifiers
During tonight’s show, we also found out who the televoters chose to qualify from last week’s heat one.
The public put through Connecticut, Oklahoma and Puerto Rico, who join the jury’s Heat One pick Hueston from Rhode Island.
What do you make of American Song Contest heat two? Who do you think the public should throw their support behind? Let us know in the comments below!