The American Song Contest rolled into its third week, with 12 acts competing in heat three.
They were all aiming to earn a spot in the semi-finals on behalf of their state or territory.
The first act to make it through after the jury vote was Tyler Braden from Tennessee.
American Song Contest heat three
Four acts will ultimately qualify from heat three.
The professional jury selected one qualifier during the live programme. This was Tennessee’s Tyler Braden and his coming-of-age country anthem “Seventeen”.
The public now have three days to vote for their favourites and select three other acts to advance.
During the show, we also found out who the televoters chose to qualify from last week’s heat two. Montana, North Dakota, and Kansas won the public’s support to advance to the semi-finals.
- Texas: Grant Knoche – “Mr. Independent”
- Louisiana: Brittany Pfantz – “Now You Do”
- Tennessee: Tyler Braden – “Seventeen”
- New Jersey: Brooke Alexx – “I Don’t Take Pictures Anymore”
- Alabama: Ni/Co – “The Difference”
- Florida: Ale Zabala – “Flirt”
- Alaska: Jewel – “The Story”
- South Carolina: Jesse LeProtti – “Not Alone”
- South Dakota: Judd Hoos – “Bad Girl”
- Delaware: Nitro Nitra – “Train”
- Northern Marianas Islands: Sabyu – “Sunsets and Seaturtles”
- Colorado: Riker Lynch – “Feel the Love”
What do you think of American Song Contest heat three? Which acts stood out to you? Let us know in the comments below.