Benidorm Fest

¡Ya están aquí! Spain has unveiled the 18 competing songs for Benidorm Fest 2023 and you can listen to them all now.

For the second year in a row, RTVE has brought us an early Christmas present by sharing the songs for Spain’s Eurovision 2023 national final. You can listen to a five-minute recap of all 18 songs below. The full songs are available on RTVE’s website.

On Monday, there’s a press conference scheduled with all the artists from Benidorm Fest 2023 where we’ll be able to learn more about their songs.

Benidorm Fest 2023: Competing songs

Click on the song titles to listen to each entry.

Benidorm Fest 2023: Show details

Benidorm Fest 2023 takes place between 31 January and 4 February next year. The 18 acts will be split between two semi-finals, with four songs from each semi-final progressing to the grand final.

The voting in each show is comprised of 50% jury, 25% demoscopic jury, 25% televoting.

The hosts of the three broadcasts will be Inés Hernand, Mónica Naranjo and Rodrigo Vázquez.

Which Benidorm Fest 2023 entry do you like the most? Is Benidorm Fest 2023 better than the 2022 edition? Let us know in the comment section below!

Rafa
Rafa

And the winer is..

Moo Moo
Moo Moo

Omg Monica Narajo is one of the hosts! She is such a legend

Javi
Javi
1 month ago

Megara, Fusa Nocta and Jose!!

Rafs
Rafs
1 month ago

For me right now the right choices would be Alice Wonder or Blanca Paloma. I like Fusa Nocta and Rakky Ripper songs too, but I doubt that their live performances will be similar to the studio version. Vicco, José Otero and Karmento are ok too. I despise Agoney’s song. There are three parts in his song that are bad copies of Azealia Banks 212, Maruv and her Siren song, and any song of the last work of Mónica Naranjo, and even his voice sounds like hers. There is no cohesion between these parts and I cannot see anything authentic and… Read more »

1 month ago

I suppose that those Who know what song Will do better at Esc are the same ones Who knew that Moldova was going to end Top 5 for the televote last year.

Anoni
Anoni
1 month ago

Ooookay, this time I’m right on time for the Benidorm hype. My favorites are(in no particular order):

1. Agoney – Quiero arder
  2. Fusa Nocta – Mi familia
  3. Megara – Arcadia
  4. Blanca Paloma – Eaea

From these I can see Fusa Nocta having the highest chances of winning or maybe Agoney. I’d be fine with either. My secret hope, which will most probably not be fulfilled, is for Megara to win. But who knows, we’ll see

Pancake
Pancake
1 month ago

I haven’t listening to all the Benidorm Fest entries, yet but I think I’m leaning towards Flamenco. Inviernos en Marte is a good song too.
I don’t know how to feel about Quiero arder though, which is a shame is I love dance music.

Pancake
Pancake
Reply to  Pancake

*since I love dance music.
Stupid typos

Mary M.
Mary M.
1 month ago

Waiting to see live performances… I think Alice Wonder could be a really special moment.

Thallo
Thallo
1 month ago

The more I listen to Fusa Nocta, the more I think it could win Eurovision.

It’s the perfect balance between flamenco, pop, electronic & hip-hop. The song is very Rosalía-esque and I can hear elements of Rosalía’s past 3 albums all within this one song. The music video is perfect too, it really shows her style and aesthetic.

Reply to  Thallo

I really like the song and i would not mind if that was the one chosen to represent Spain but to say It is Rosalia-esque is an understatement: It is Rosalía. She even does the same movements with the arms and hands

Thallo
Thallo
Reply to  Jonkonfui

There are hundreds of Spanish artists that came before Rosalía that have combined flamenco with urban sounds, Rosalía didn’t invent the sub-genre.

If you look a Fusa’s old music videos, you’ll see she’s been doing these ”hand movements” since 2017, she’s not copying Rosalía at all, she’s her own artist.

Reply to  Thallo

Ok then Rosalía copied her.

Thallo
Thallo
Reply to  Jonkonfui

Nobody copied anyone.

Reply to  Thallo

Well…

Lorena
Lorena
Reply to  Thallo

Exactly, nobody did. If so, we should say that Rosalía copied many other artists that came first. To me, this trap mixed with flamenco is just a normal development of the Spanish music: we already had pop mixed with flamenco, rock mixed with flamenco… we just mix new genres with our root genres, as any other music culture in the world.

Jovana
Jovana
1 month ago

I like this, because they don’t play safe. My top 5 are Mi familia, Traccion, Nochentera, Arcadia y Quiero arder. I am very curious how the live performance will look of some of these songs.

Russ M
Russ M
1 month ago

Let’s remember for now this is the studio cuts of all songs. Still need to see staging, whether they can sing in tune (some have got very overpowering autotune currently), and audience reactions to factor into this. Early days

Eyal
Eyal
1 month ago

I just hope they will not vote for “what is good for Eurovision”. This is a wrong state of mind. I think spain turned benidorm into a typical Eurovision final. The ticket to Eurovision was suppose to be an extra, not the goal of the festival.

James
James
Reply to  Eyal

It’s actually the very reason why RTVE revived Festival de Benidorm and turned it into Benidorm Fest in the first.place. They wanted their own counterpart to Melodifestivalen that can serve as both a Eurovision national selection but also serve as a platform for new music for the domestic market.

🙂

Lorena
Lorena
Reply to  Eyal

When was the last time that a song “good for Eurovision” actually won Eurovision?

Eyal
Eyal
Reply to  Lorena

I agree, that’s my point exactly. There are still people stuck in the concept of let’s choose what is ‘good for Eurovision’. Not only voters, but also the judges and the broadcaters.

Efraim
Efraim
Reply to  Eyal

I still recall some years recently in which the team of our entry would announce a revamp in order to make it “more Eurovisive”. That was the point where we knew our chances at a decent result were going down the drain. The concept of an “Eurovisive song” is obsolete and needs to be banished from existence; deleted if you will. [insert Matt Hardy ‘DELETE!’ GIF here]

Baby
Baby
1 month ago

Looking at these comments and what the spanish public are liking so far, i dont think its a bad idea that the jury has the most power.

Roro31
Roro31

1. Fusa Nocta
2. Agoney
3. Megara
4. Alice Wonder
5. Sofia Martin

Very good songs !

Jake
Jake
1 month ago

I don’t think people were jumping over the moon when they first heard SloMo, but Chanel brought THE performance in 22. Guessing this will be more of the same…i have to imagine Spain will bring back her same choreographer/stager to some of this year’s contestants. Right now it does feel like it lacks a bit of the strong songwriter vibes that Rigoberta and Rayden brought last year. And I can’t speak to their live voice abilities, but this has to be the prettiest group of contestants a national final ever has seen.

Reply to  Jake

Not only people were not jumping over the Moon, when Slomo was released most of us Spaniards ignore It completely.

Leendert Jan
Leendert Jan
1 month ago

Agoney: very trashy, sounds a bit like a Spanish version of Moldova 2021 to me. Alfred García: decent ballad and his voice is quite special. The song doesn’t really take off the way I want it to and the ending is truly a mess. Alice Wonder: quite surprising; this is the kind of song I’d expect more in Festival da Canção than in BenidormFest. I don’t mind this actually. Aritz Aren: sounds way too much like a simple copy of Camila Cabello. Blanca Paloma: she was my favourite last year, and this is again quite captivating. Even though I think… Read more »

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Leendert Jan

In the future, I will probably just wait for your post and then comment with some minor adjustments, because this pretty much sums up my feelings towards this selection. Our biggest difference would probably be Megara, because here it went the other way around for me. As long as the verses were on, I was like “Hell, yeah”, and when the pop rock chorus chimed in, my enthusiasm waned a little bit. As for José Otero, you make a good point, I’m struggling with this one. I still think, it sounds like a longer song that had to be cut… Read more »

Leendert Jan
Leendert Jan
Reply to  Tibor

I don’t see him winning either. There are quite a few songs here though that I’ll probably think differently about when they’re staged well.

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Leendert Jan

That can always happen, of course, some performers just kill it live and can make an unremarkable song stand out just by virtue of their stage presence.

CatcoolH
CatcoolH
Reply to  Leendert Jan

I’m just curious how Quiero Arder is similar to Sugar XD

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  CatcoolH

I guess, it’s both shrill, unsubtle, suggestive and flashy. But my go to comparison would rather be Michael Ben David. A slightly cooler version of MBD in the verses and then even more annoying in the chorus.

BADhousewife4U
BADhousewife4U
27 days ago
Reply to  Tibor

Call me strange but, Quiero Arder sounds more like if you crossbred Sugar with Siren Song (Maruv 2019) to me. I’m not entirely sure if the music have identical matches in different parts but, it always makes me feel like some sampling was used everytime I give it a listen.

Leendert Jan
Leendert Jan
Reply to  CatcoolH

It’s mostly the rather bombastic, almost wordless chorus. I get the comparison with I.M. that Tibor makes too.

Baby
Baby
1 month ago

Please Spain dont ruin it by sending Agoney. I know he has alot of fans, but remember what happened in 2018 and 2019? The song is fine but nothing really special. Now, if u send fusa nocta or alice wonder or blanca, i can definitely see a top 5 or maybe even a win based on what the other countries send

Pablo
Pablo
Reply to  Baby

How about you let us choose what we want and you focus on your country?

Cookie Nation
Cookie Nation
Reply to  Pablo

I am Spanish too and ashamed of your comment. We are all fans and we all care about the other countries’ songs. This is Eurovision, not football.

duxx
duxx
1 month ago

Fusa nocta is sooo contagious. Cant stop listening it.
Curious how these songs will sound live
Cant wait to hear that

zach
zach
1 month ago

the more i listen to fusa nocta the more i love it

Vegard
Vegard

My top 3:

1. Agoney – Quiero Arder
  2. Sofia Martin – Tuki
  3. Aritz – Flamenco
Addie
Addie
1 month ago

My favorites are Uff and Quiero arder right now. I might like the others gradually. But i love Alice’s voice so much!! Arcadia and Tracción sound really interesting too!

Baby
Baby

Fusa nocta for the win!

GojoSatoru
GojoSatoru

Unpopular opinion:
1. José Otero – Inviernos en Marte ?????
2. Famous – La Lola ????
3. Fusa Nocta – Ma Familia ???? (would’ve been a 5/5 without the autotune)
4. Alfred García – Desde que tú estás ???

Don’t care about the others.

GojoSatoru
GojoSatoru
Reply to  GojoSatoru

Oof. You can’t post emojis.. The question marks were supposed to be stars.

BADhousewife4U
BADhousewife4U
28 days ago
Reply to  GojoSatoru

I totally agree, Mi Familia is being held back by that auto tune! (cry emoji)
If Fusa Nocta can just perform it live without it, guaranteed mind-blowing<3 (chef's kiss)

1 month ago

Either Alice or Fusa Nocta for me.
Pretty clear. Live will tell

Lorena
Lorena
Reply to  Alex

Exactly like me.

Daniel Kaplan
Daniel Kaplan
Reply to  Alex

My exact top 2 as well. They stand out a lot

Misha
1 month ago

I think Blanca Paloma got the best song this year. It’s modern, with the touch of ethnical sound. The song title needs no translation. And that ending left me speechless!
But I recognize Megara (even though it reminds me a bit to Hatari) got a strong song too

Sisi
Sisi
1 month ago

Megara all the way! Seriously, this year seems like it’s going to be the rock music fest Maneskin’s win promised XD

Sol Stevia
Sol Stevia
Reply to  Sisi

How. We have one song out.

Sisi
Sisi
Reply to  Sol Stevia

I’m looking at the other national finals/internal selections. Croatia has like 3 rock or rock adjacent bands in it’s selection, Slovenia is sending a rock band, Spain has Megara, etc. There’s a noticeable uptick the presence of rock bands form past years, no?

Adina
Adina
1 month ago

I personally think this benidormfest is better than last year’s, I’m very excited about the live performances though, I think they are gonna change some opinions, super excited

Sol Stevia
Sol Stevia
1 month ago

OK I listened to all of them. At this current time I’d like Megara to win.

Jamie
Jamie
1 month ago

No winner vibes so far, maybe the live performances will lift these rather bland songs.

Andy
Andy
1 month ago

I think Benidorm 2022 was stronger but this is also very colorful i love the variety.
My 12 is for  “Tracción”

Tomas
Tomas

Rigoberta would have won this year easily! Even Luna Ki 😀

Reply to  Tomas

Ay qué pesado qué pesado siempre pensando en el pasado…

Tomas
Tomas
Reply to  Jonkonfui

Voy a morir

Tomas
Tomas
Reply to  Tomas

Voy a morir

Tomas
Tomas
1 month ago

I was expecting more – Its same story like it was with French Selection last year …

My winner is Rakky Ripper, but I like also Blanca, Megara, Aritz and E’Femme

Tom
Tom

Its Agoney vs Fusa Nocta this year

1 month ago

I am Spanish and for me It is Blanca Paloma. I think It is time for us to bring to Eurovision something risky and new. Imo one of the most interesting aspects about this song which has not been “explored” that much at Esc is to bring the backing vocalists forward and make them part of the act and not recorded voices or people at the back Who Sing and dance a little.

Reply to  Jonkonfui

A group of older women as backup singers sitting in traditional chairs, clapping
and standing Up and dancing a little would be amazing.

Roman
Roman
Reply to  Jonkonfui

It didn’t work out for France 2022 and Blanca’s entry is weaker than Alan’s

Reply to  Roman

Both songs are soooo similar… But anyway It is not always a Matter of “working” and being number 1. I LOVE the song, i LOVE what It tells about my country and I want It at Esc working or not working.

Eurotoxic
Eurotoxic
Reply to  Jonkonfui

You want to destroy your country? Interesting…

Eurotoxic
Eurotoxic
Reply to  Jonkonfui

Risky and new?? Portugal and Maru 2022 already did that.

Reply to  Eurotoxic

Good for them.
But your comment is a bit weird. Doing something new IS not new anymore because last year someone did something new??

now that i see the light
now that i see the light

Fusa Nocta!!!

Yannis
Yannis
1 month ago

It’s about time Spain send q different to the usual recipe in the contest! Alice Wonder seem to represent a different more contemporary genre of Spanish music. And apart from that the song seems to fit a televised show. You can do amazing things with staging.
There are 2-3 other interesting songs but I feel we have heard them before

Philipp
Philipp
1 month ago

Agoney with Quiero arder is amazing!

Eurotoxic
Eurotoxic
Reply to  Philipp

Cheap

finnished
finnished
1 month ago

The difference between Benidorm Fest and Melodifestivalen is that these song are actually interesting. Keep up the good work Spain, you’re doing great!

Tomas
Tomas
Reply to  finnished

Rly? I find many of them same – Who rly stood out is Blanca, Megara, Rakky and Alice

Posi
Posi
1 month ago

My absolute and clear favourite is actually Alfred Garcia’s song. It touches me so much.

Eurotoxic
Eurotoxic
Reply to  Posi

And is perfect for #bedtime

1 month ago

Alice Wonder and José Otero both have something about them that would make me very interested in them as Spain’s Eurovision entries. The rest of the selection? Definitely not as interesting as last year’s.

Thallo
Thallo
1 month ago

Fusa Nocta’s song is outstanding. It reminds me of Rosalia’s older work, which is a huge compliment. I imagine Europe will react well to this, especially the younger audience!

I also appreciate Blanca Paloma and Agoney’s entry. I just hope Agoney’s performance doesn’t come across as cringe like Michael Ben David’s.

Nono
Nono
1 month ago

Nothing here gave me winner vibes tbh but good selection overall

Reply to  Nono

The winner vibes thing is so overrated.

Sol Stevia
Sol Stevia
Reply to  Jonkonfui

I agree. No one got “Winner vibes” from Salvador when his song came out and yet

Reply to  Sol Stevia

Or Chanel. People saying the televote the televote but juries wont vote for this… And then reality came and… in your face.

The Voice of Reason
The Voice of Reason
Reply to  Jonkonfui

In reality what happened was that the Spanish jury managed somehow to represent the televote for the rest of the world!

Moonstar
Moonstar
Reply to  Sol Stevia

I did.

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
Reply to  Jonkonfui

Yeah, I think we need to stop Trying to scope out winner vibes from every song that is either in contention to win a national final or released from an internally selected artist. It would just lead to frustration and disappointment. Rather, we should be judging songs for what they are and then see what comes out on top.

Api
Api
1 month ago

My faves are Blanca Paloma, Fusa Nocta and Alice Wonder. Karmento is also very interesting. All in all, a good selection. Hopefully we’ll see a song with traditional elements and not a cheap Chanel knock off.

Maxim
Maxim
1 month ago

My favorite would be Megara with Arcadia, but I’m a little bit conflicted about it. I wonder whether it will do good at Eurovision, but nevertheless I really really like it.

Lorena
Lorena
Reply to  Maxim

Well, it is your typical rock song that most of times finishes top 10 at ESC (with the exception of last year’s The Rasmus)

Maxim
Maxim
Reply to  Lorena

Indeed! That’s what makes it so difficult: it’s a little bit “typical rock” but at the same time I find it very good haha!

IVAN
IVAN
1 month ago

Cancel this and send Agoney!!!

Jessica Folcker
Jessica Folcker
1 month ago

Is this Benidorm Fest or Melodifestivalen? There are some really good quality entries here. I can’t choose just yet.

Sarah
Sarah
1 month ago

Oh great selection! But staging is what matters most… Last year Chanel was not even favourite… and top 3 in Eurovision! Aritz Aren is also a dancer, Flamenco with a good choreography could do well.. but I have other favourites

MERCURY
MERCURY
1 month ago

Nothing here grabbed me instantly! Rather bland selection!

Luis T
Luis T
1 month ago

I must admit, I was expecting higher quality songs. Recently I’ve been listening to very good songs from spanish artists and composers. Where are they? This year’s Benifest is mostly bringing a bunch of forgettable uptempo songs with basic spanish/latin sounds and boring balads. There are two standups in my opinion; 1. Alice Wonder – She has a winner presence, unforgettable voice and interesting song. Not very radio-friendly but definitely our most promising shot this year. 2. Fusa Nocta – The Rosalia’s vibes we wanted. I’m not sure about her live and staging. This is a very difficult song to… Read more »

Michael
Michael
1 month ago

RTVE este año me ha gustado mucho las canciones, y pienso que va a ser muy difícil elegir al ganador ya que todos los temas tienen potencia escénica, si creo que la canción elegida Española puede ganar Eurovisión 2023!!

Mr X