Eurovision national finals are a tough game. Only one act can win each country’s selection, often leaving many great songs behind. But some of these fallen favourites are given a new chance at victory each year in the OGAE Second Chance Contest.
With this year’s entries now chosen, various OGAE fan clubs around Europe (and the rest of the world) are now deciding their top favourite of the national final acts who didn’t win the ticket to Eurovision.
But before the official result is revealed, we want to hear from you. Check out the competing entries for this year’s contest and then let us know who you think should win.
Scroll down to vote in the poll
OGAE Second Chance Contest 2023
This year’s edition of the “visual event” is hosted by OGAE Sweden, after Medina won the 2022 vote with “In I Dimman”.
OGAE clubs whose broadcaster selected their Eurovision entry using a national final were eligible to nominate one non-winning song as their entry for the Second Chance Contest. OGAE Rest of the World, comprised of fans from country’s who don’t have individual OGAE clubs, selected their entry from the Moldovan and Sammarinese selections.
- Albania: Elsa Lila – “Evita”
- Belgium: Chérine – “Ça M’Ennuie Pas”
- Czechia: RODAN – “Introvert Party Club”
- Croatia: Harmonija Disonance – “Nevera (Lei, Lei)”
- Denmark: EYJAA – “I Was Gonna Marry Him”
- Estonia: OLLIE – “Venom”
- Finland: KUUMAA – “Ylivoimainen”
- Germany: Will Church – “Hold On”
- Ireland: CONNOLLY – “Midnight Summer Night”
- Iceland: Langi Seli og Skuggarnir – “OK”
- Italy: Lazza – “CENERE”
- Latvia: 24.Avenija – “You Said”
- Lithuania: Ruta MUR – “So Low”
- Malta: Ryan Hilli – “In The Silence”
- Moldova (OGAE Rest of the World): SunStroke Project – “Yummy Mommy”
- Norway: Ulrikke – “Honestly”
- Poland: Jann – “Gladiator”
- Portugal: Edmundo Inácio – “A Festa”
- Romania: Andreea D Folclor Orchestra – “Perinita Mea”
- Serbia: Filip Baloš – “Novi plan drugi san”
- Spain: Vicco – “Nochentera”
- Sweden: Marcus & Martinus – “Air“
- Ukraine: Jerry Heil – “When God Shut The Door”
Poll: Who should win the OGAE Second Chance Contest 2023?
You can vote for as many of the contestants as you want. But remember that you can only vote once – so choose wisely!
Who did you vote for? Are you surprised by any of the clubs’ choices? Which songs would you have submitted? Let us know in the comments.