The Czech Republic’s Gabriela slayed in a reflective silk gown. Bosnia and Herzegovina performed around a wall of barbed wire. And Estonia played their cards right and served up some casino realness. And that was just three of nine countries that had their first rehearsals on day two at Eurovision 2016. We asked you who had the best rehearsal. After counting 4,344 votes, we can now reveal that you guys think the Czech Republic’s Gabriela Guncikova won the day. And as you can tell from our reaction video, we completely agree!
The song starts in darkness and Gabriela slowly emerges wearing a white, floor-sweeping skirt with form-fitting bodice. Then, in what may be the most brilliant use of the LED floor and wall yet, we see her now famous purple, pink and blue geometric branding. The camera swoops back and she seems to disappear into the pink. Her white dress reflects the light of the floor well, making Gabriela a dynamic vessel of light.
The stunning Ira Losco from Malta is walking on water, and she walked right into second place by receiving 810 votes. Estonia’s Jüri Pootsmann hedged his bets and won third place, getting 488 votes.
BEST REHEARSAL: MAY 3 – FULL RESULTS
- Czech Republic – Gabriela Guncikova with “I Stand” (1,097 votes, 25.25%)
- Malta – Ira Losco with “Walk On Water” (810 votes, 18.65%)
- Estonia – Jüri Pootsmann with “Play” (488 votes, 11.23%)
- Iceland – Greta Salóme with “Hear Them Calling” (439 votes, 10,11%)
- Austria – Zoë with “Loin d’ici” (423 votes, 9.74%)
- Cyprus – Minus One with “Alter Ego” (337 votes, 7.76%)
- Sweden – Frans with “If I Were Sorry” (295 votes, 6.79%)
- Azerbaijan – Samra with “Miracle” (187 votes, 4.3%)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina – Deen & Dalal ft. Ana Rucner & Jala with “Ljubav Je” (174 votes, 4.01%)
- Montenegro – Highway with “The Real Thing” (94 votes, 2.16%)
So what do you guys make of the results? Could Gabriela catapult the Czech Republic into the final for the very first time? Comment your thoughts down below…