After a grueling day of live auditions, the Moldova jury, which includes Eurovision star Nelly Ciobanu, selected 24 out of the 59 songs submitted for the national selection O melodie pentru Europa.
The 24 entries that advanced to the two semi-finals on 11 and 13 March are:
1. Diana Brescan – Hallelujah
2. Margarita Ciorici – Vis
3. PARALELA 47 – Fragmente
4. Carolina Gorun – Turn the tide
5. Lucia S – Frozen
6. Curly – Your Recovery
7. Ana Cernicova – Dragostea divina
8. Rodica Olisevschi – Without you
9. Alina Sorochina – Asculta-ma, tacere
10. Diana Staver – One and all
11. Vlad Ray – Freedom
12. Mikaella – Follow your dreams
13. Lana Lights – Solar wind
14. Aurel Chirtoaca – Urme de iubiri
15. EDICT – Forever
16. Cristina Scarlat – Wild Soul
17. Doinita Gherman – Energy
18. FLUX LIGHT – Never stop no
19. Felicia Dunaf – The Way I Do
20. Anna Gulko – Happy tomorrow
21. Dana Markitan – Queen of the dancefloor
22. Tatiana Heghea – I’m yours
23. Boris Covali – Flying
24. Glam Girls – You believed in me
There were really no surprises. Except perhaps for Valeria Pasha, who had a good song, but who could not carry it out because she had a cold, most of the favourites (Margarita Ciorici, Boris Covali, Tatiana Heghea, Rodica Olisevschi in particular) gave a good performance. This year’s contest is going to be a strong one.
This, despite the visible cold in the studio, as evidenced by the jury members, who were dressed in winter coats and donned scarves and even gloves. Brrr. Come on, TRM. We know that it was -12C in Chisinau today, but you couldn’t bring a heater?!
Most of the rest of the performers put on what could easily be called an unintentionally comedic show, with poor performances, miserable expressions and unfortunate wardrobe choices. Too bad none of them made it to the semi-finals, because now we’re left wondering who will bring the crazy on behalf of Moldova this time around…
(And, yes, Sasha Bognibov was rejected for a second time this year.)
Did you watch the live auditions? What did you think of the jury’s choices?
Bogdan Honciuc is a Romania-based correspondent for WiwiBloggs.com. You can follow him on Twitter @stingovision. You can also keep up-to-date with the latest Eurovision news and gossip by following the team on Twitter @wiwibloggs and by liking our Facebook page.