The first national final of the 2017 season has come just that much closer, with the dates confirmed for the 55th edition of Albania’s Festivali i Këngës. The shows will be broadcast from 21 to 23 December — in little more than three weeks time.
The confirmed dates for FiK55 are one week earlier than fans were expecting, meaning that the Eurovision 2017 national final season will start even earlier.
The two semi-finals will screen on 21 and 22 December, with the grand final to be held on 23 December.
The 24 competing acts were confirmed earlier in November. Returning to FiK55 will be fan favourite Flaka Krelani and American Idol singer Linda “Lindita” Halimi. The competition will also include returning artists Dilan Reka (2015), Orges Toce (2011), Lynx (2013, 2014) and Rezarta Smaja (2013, 2014, 2015).
Wiwibloggs readers earlier shared their excitement at the line-up of Fik55:
I’m shaking with excitement that Flaka is back! So robbed last year!
I hope there are many high-quality songs in there. Good luck, Albania! ????
And please, don’t ruin your song by revamping it again.
Lindita and Flaka I’m screaming yasssssssssssssssssssssss
this is gonna be a gr8 selection
Twenty-four acts will be competing at Fik55, down from 30 last year. The smaller number of competing acts is part of a number of changes broadcaster RTSH is introducing, aimed at restoring public confidence in the competition. This will also include the introduction of a public jury vote along with the expert jury.
While the competing artists and their song titles have been revealed, the songs themselves are still a secret. The broadcaster is expected to reveal those in coming days.
Festivali i Këngës 55 – Artists and songs
- Albulena Jashari – “Fjalët ia lë zemrës” (The heart leaves)
- Classic Boys – “Dashuria për jetën” (Love for life)
- Dilan Reka – “Mos harro” (Don’t forget)
- Edea Demaliaj – “Besoj në ëndrra” (I believe in dreams)
- Edona Vatoci – “Mirëmëngjës” (Good morning)
- Elson Braha – “Edhe një herë” (One more time)
- Erlind Zeraliu – “Dhimbja e gëzimit” (Pain and joy)
- Fabiola Agalliu & Agnesa Çavolli – “Shkon e vjen” (It comes and goes)
- Festina Mejzini – “Atje lart” (Up there)
- Flaka Krelani – “Osiris”
- Franc Koruni – “Macka” (The pussycat)
- Genc Salihu – “Këtu” (Here)
- Linda “Lindita” Halimi – Botë (World)
- Linda Rukaj – “Vija e lumit” (River line)
- Lorela – “Me ty” (With you)
- Luka & Serxhio Hajdini – “Koha plaket” (Old time)
- LYNX – “Sot” (Today)
- Neki Emra – “Dashuri dhe urrejtje” (Love and hate)
- Orges Toçe – “Shi diamantësh” (Rain diamond)
- Rezarta Smaja – “Pse prite gjatë” (Why wait long)
- Tiri – “Më zgjo” (Wake me up)
- Xhesika Polo – “Eva jam unë” (I am Eve)
- XUXI- “Metropol”
- Yll Limani – “Shiu” (Rain)