The second set of semi-final two rehearsals took place on Saturday, with 13 more countries taking to the stage again. Brendan Murray soared in his hot-air balloon for Ireland. Croatia’s Jacques Houdek showed us two looks in one. And Bulgaria’s Kristian Kostov mastered his on-screen squiggles.
We asked our readers to pick their favourite rehearsals from Saturday’s lineup and only one could triumph. After counting 7,011 votes, we can now reveal that our readers think that the Dutch sisterly trio OG3NE was the winner with their heartwarming ballad “Lights and Shadows”, earning 25.36% of the vote.
When the sisters rehearsed on Saturday, the Wiwi team in Kyiv were on hand to give their review. OG3NE turned things up yet again, hitting their vocals and oozing the same sass and energy that made them a standout last week.
The visuals reflected the theme of lights and shadows, and at times seemed earthly vs. heavenly as it moved from candlelights (which shine on both the LED floor and walls — to vast expanses of white and a warm golden-orange hue. The LED graphic of a woman lying down with her arm outstretched — an obvious reference to their ill mother — flashes more briefly, but seems higher impact now owing to the bright lighting and angle of the view.
Wiwi readers were also impressed with Croatia’s Jacques Houdek, whose extravagant “My Friend” earned 13.39% of the vote. And in third place was Bulgaria’s Kristian Kostov. His simple ballad “Beautiful Mess” received 9.71% of the vote.
Poll results: Who had the best second rehearsal on May 6?
- The Netherlands — O’G3NE “Lights and Shadows” 25.36% (1,778 votes)
- Croatia — Jacques Houdek, “My Friend” 13.39% (939 votes)
- Bulgaria — Kristian Kostov, “Beautiful Mess” 9.71% (681 votes)
- Belarus — Naviband, “Story of My Life” 7.62% (534 votes)
- Estonia — Koit Toome & Laura, “Verona” 6.46% (453 votes)
- Denmark — Anja Nissen “Where I Am” 6.25% (438 votes)
- Israel — IMRI, “I Feel Alive” 5.98% (419 votes)
- Ireland — Brendan Murray “Dying to Try” 5.32% (373 votes)
- Norway — JOWST, “Grab the Moment” 4.84% (339 votes)
- Hungary — Joci Pápai “Origo” 4.56% (320 votes)
- Switzerland — Timebelle, “Apollo” 4.51% (316 votes)
- Lithuania — Fusedmarc, “Rain of Revolution” 3.95% (277 votes)
- San Marino — Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson, “Spirit of the Night” 2.05% (144 votes)