Sixteen acts took to the stage in Junior Fest 2017 last night, but only one could walk away with the ticket to represent Albania in this year’s Junior Eurovision Song Contest. At the end of the night, it was Ana Kodra who took the title with the song “Mos ma prekni pemën” (“Do Not Touch the Tree”). Given the power of her voice, we will happily obey…
Standing centre stage in a white dress, Ana sang her heart out and showed off some impressive vocal talent. “Mos ma prekni pemën” starts off as a piano ballad, but the chorus adds a much more worldly feel, bringing more traditional and often African-sounding instruments (this is the country that gave us “Dambaje” after all).
Ana Kodra – “Mos ma prekni pemëm”
A three-member jury — Fatma Methasani, Andi Bajgora and Lum Veseli — decided the outcome of the show. They ultimately chose Ana and her song, written and composed by Kristi Popa and Jorgo Papingji.
Despite often using the Festivali i Këngës për Fëmijë to choose their recent Junior Eurovision entries, this year Radio Televizioni Shqiptar (RTSH) moved away from the long-running festival and created a new contest specifically for selecting its JESC 2017 act.
Interestingly, when Festivali i Këngës për Fëmijë 55 took place earlier this year, it was none other than Ana Kodra who took away the first-place trophy, again with the song “Mos ma prekni pemën”. Ana is obviously on a winning streak — will it continue this November at Junior Eurovision?
Ana Kodra "rremben"dy cmimet me te rendesishme ne Festival,cmimin e pare si kengetarja me e mire dhe kenga qe ajo interpretoi"Mos ma prekni pemen"shpallet kenga fituese e ketij edicioni.
Junior Fest 2017 Participants
- Ajla Buzi – DJ Pom
- Alina Jani – Yjet (Stardom)
- Amela Agastra – Dance Up
- Ana Kodra – Mos ma prekni pemën (Do Not Touch the Tree) [1st Place]
- Argisa Sako – Ola
- Auron Ismaili – Shkolla e vjetër (Old School)
- Diana Tahiri – Një sekret (A Secret)
- Jana Shala – Si një melodi (Like a Melody)
- Klaudia & Eliza Thartori – Garderoba (Wardrobe)
- Kleanca Susaj – Melodi (Melody) [3rd Place]
- Kristiana Veshaj – Profesioni (Profession)
- Sara Bajraktari – Flas me ëndrrën (I Speak with Dreams) [2nd Place]
- Uendi Goga – Të japim ty një shpresë (Let’s give you hope)
- Valeria Cara – Kohën pas ta kthej (Time to return)
- Vivian Biaggioni – Si në përrallë (In the Fairytale)
- Vivian Kokeri – Historia që nuk flet (History Does not Speak)
Ana will follow in the footsteps of Klesta Qehaja, who represented Albania at Junior Eurovision in Malta last year, ultimately placing 13th. Klesta also reprised her JESC entry “Besoj” at Junior Fest in a short medley, which also included Albania’s 2012 and 2015 JESC representatives Igzidora Gjeta and Mishela Rapo.
So, what do you think of “Mos ma prekni pemën”? How well will Ana do at Junior Eurovision 2017? Let us know in the comments below!