Social media was abuzz with #EurovisionAgain on Saturday, as Eurovision fans settled in for an evening rewatching yet another song contest from the vaults. This time, it was the turn of Eurovision 2007.
And while all the performances remained the exact same, viewers voted for a new winner — Ukraine’s Verka Serduchka with “Dancing Lasha Tumbai”. The real-life champion — Serbia’s Marija Šerifović with “Molitva” — finished in second place.
Scroll down to watch Eurovision 2007
Verka Serduchka wins #EurovisionAgain 2007
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 2007. The rankings are based on the votes of more than 4,000 people who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 2007 grand final on Saturday 25 April.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from 13 years ago.
And it’s all change! Not one entry stayed in the same position. Many only rose or fell a handful of places. But others enjoyed significant gains.
The biggest climbers were Finland and the UK. Both moved up 14 spots compared to their original placings in Helsinki. The biggest loser was Armenia, tumbling 16 places down to last place.
#EurovisionAgain 2007 results
- Ukraine: Verka Serduchka “Dancing Lasha Tumbai” (+1)
- Serbia: Marija Šerifović “Molitva” (-1)
- Finland: Hanna Pakarinen “Leave Me Alone” (+14)
- Greece: Sarbel “Yassou Maria” (+3)
- Turkey: Kenan Doğulu “Shake It Up Şekerim” (-1)
- Russia: Serebro “Song #1” (-3)
- Georgia: Sopho Khalvashi “Visionary Dream” (+5)
- United Kingdom: Scooch “Flying the Flag (For You)” (+14)
- Sweden: The Ark “The Worrying Kind” (+9)
- Bulgaria: Elitsa Todorova & Stoyan Yankoulov “Water” (-5)
- Spain: D’NASH “I Love You Mi Vida” (+9)
- Slovenia: Alenka Gotar “Cvet z juga” (+3)
- Belarus: Dmitry Koldun “Work Your Magic” (-7)
- France: Les Fatals Picards “L’amour à la française” (+8)
- Moldova: Natalia Barbu “Fight” (-5)
- Germany Roger Cicero “Frauen regier’n die Welt” (+3)
- Hungary: Magdi Rúzsa “Unsubstantial Blues” (-8)
- FYR Macedonia: Karolina “Mojot svet” (-4)
- Romania: Todomondo “Liubi, Liubi, I Love You” (-6)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Marija Šestić “Rijeka bez imena” (-9)
- Latvia: Bonaparti.lv “Questa notte” (-5)
- Ireland: Dervish “They Can’t Stop the Spring” (+2)
- Lithuania: 4Fun “Love or Leave” (-2)
- Armenia: Hayko “Anytime You Need” (-16)
?? THE RESULTS ARE IN ??
— #EurovisionAgain (@EurovisionAgain) April 25, 2020
Watch Eurovision 2007 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for now, but the Eurovision 2007 grand final remains online. You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel.
Unlike last week’s 1997 contest, it is not due to expire in the near future.
#EurovisionAgain is scheduled to return on Saturday 2 May at 21:00 CEST.
What is #EurovisionAgain
For the past several weeks, since the COVID-19 pandemic first took hold, the Eurovision Again team has been organising mass rewatchings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable entire show uploads on its YouTube channel.
As well as organising rewatches, the Eurovision Again team has also added a fundraising element for various LGBT+ charities. Details can be found here.
What do you think? Did Verka deserve to win the rewatch? Has “Dancing Lasha Tumbai” aged better than “Molitva”? Let us know in the comments.