Earlier this month, the final three songs in contention to be Eden Alene’s Eurovision 2021 entry were revealed. Now, the online voting to select the song that the Israeli star will perform in Rotterdam has begun. This coincides with the release of the music videos for each of the songs.

On Tuesday, Eden Alene joined Eurovision 2019 co-host Lucy Ayoub on radio station Kan Gimmel to kick off the final round of online voting in Israel’s national selection for this year’s contest, HaShir Shelanu L’Eurovizion 2021.

On the show, which was simultaneously broadcast on TV channel Kan 11 and live-streamed on Facebook, Eden talked more about the final three songs in the selection – “La La Love”, “Set Me Free” and “Ue La La” – before then revealing the music videos for each of them.

The result of the online voting will be revealed in a show broadcast on Kan 11 next Monday 25 January, starting at 20:15 CET. Although it will be a live show hosted by Lucy Ayoub, Eden Alene will not perform the songs live herself, following recent changes to the selection.

These changes, as a result of Covid-19 lockdown, also mean there will be no jury voting and the final decision will instead by determined solely by online public voting. Those with access to the required app can only vote twice from each device – once between now and the start of the show next week, and one again during the results show itself.

Eden Alene’s Eurovision 2021 music videos

“La La Love”

During the show where the music videos were revealed, Eden noted that she had an immediate connection with “La La Love” and loved shooting the music video.

“Set Me Free”

In regards to “Set Me Free”, Eden stated that this was the hardest song to record and they had to do it over two days.

“Ue La La”

Eden Alene told Lucy Ayoub during the music video reveal that she didn’t love “Ue La La” at first. However, she then imagined herself as a fearless woman and learned to love it.

Poll: Which of Eden Alene’s Eurovision 2021 music videos is your favourite?

What do you make of the three music videos? Which of the three songs do you want Eden Alene to perform at Eurovision 2021? Let us know in the comments below!

Read more Israel Eurovision news here

Charli Cheer Up
Charli Cheer Up

La-La-Love and Set Me Free should go to ESC. They have the right ingredients including creative choreo, staging potential and has that vocal climax towards the end. Though plus points to Ue-La La for being in Hebrew but its way too American-sounding for Eurovision. If Israel wants to qualify or even win then choose La-La-Love or Set Me Free. Ue-La La is a big no no sorry to be blunt.

Last edited 4 months ago by Charli Cheer Up
Max
Max

Tbh, as someone who has lots family members due to COVID I find “la la love” to be incredibly offensive.

I personally think that Ue la la, whilst being generic, its the best of the bunch, you have great vocals and its a catchy song.

And then again, Its Eden whom we are talking about, she is an incredibly charismatic performer so Im sure she’ll do a great job with he chosen song.

Dani

To everyone’s attention, I think Europeans can download the app and vote too.

Jake Dallas
Jake Dallas

It’s interesting to get Eden’s viewpoints on the entries since, as an internally selected artist, her input is crucial. It looks like “La La Love” winning would make the most sense since it plays to her strengths and is clearly her favourite, allowing her energy to shine when she eventually performs. However, those lyrics were………….choices.

Reply to  Jake Dallas

Then let the girl choose the one song out of the three (9 pre-selected by whatever comttee and three by the public). Trouble being – and this is *a theoretical exercise* – she choses one and fails to qualify. She would be probably blamed for the NQ.

Maya G
Maya G
Reply to  Jake Dallas

Well, Netta hated Toy when KAN’s committee selected it. She wrote Bassa Sababa for Eurovision, and she once testified in a TV show that when the committee told her it wasn’t selected she cried and told them they are ruining her life.
Not to say that any of Eden’s songs is half as good or competitive as Toy was, but the singer doesn’t necessarily know best.

Bart
Bart

UE LA LA nr 1 please Eden Arlene listen to your fans and choose this one! It could be a big hit, the lyrics are also fun and hewbrish as french. I think a dance vibe suits Eden Arlene the best!
La la love allready exist as song in the greek eurovision from Ivi Adamou.
Set me Free is good song, my second favorite, she sings it really wel. My problem is the song is not catchy enough.

I started watching JESC before ESC
I started watching JESC before ESC

My 2 cents: La La Love: Well it IS Eden’s favourite, so she would perform it the best. I think its matches her quite well. But all the covid related lyrics like “it’s been quite a year by now” makes it cringy Set me free: Good song except it sounds like 2 songs smushed together and it’s super confusing Ue la la: It does not suit Eden at all. I do not like the song. So my favourites are La La Love and Set me free. I don’t think its likely Israel will qualify. All the songs from Israels selection… Read more »

Last edited 4 months ago by I started watching JESC before ESC
willchrisiam
willchrisiam

What was the point of making 3 low effort, run off the mill videos? They spent a lot of money and they’ll still be sending an uninspired video to the ESC youtube channel no matter which song wins. Should have saved the money and shot a video that actually elevates the winning song.
This whole ordeal has been so messy since day one. Eden deserved so much more…

Rob
Rob
Reply to  willchrisiam

Couldn’t agree with you more, but I’ll go even further by saying that if Eden deserved better, she (her agent) should have demanded it. Her agent was one of the 6 song committee members so she should have pulled out all the stops when the 9 demos were about to be agreed upon. At that juncture she could have demanded Kan add more licensed songs from ACUM (the society of authors, composers and music publishers) so that the number of demos would increase to at least 12 or up to 16 as stipulated by Kan’s original open call, but it… Read more »

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  Rob

I agree with everything you said. I was already wondering how was it possible that she didn’t get more involved with the proces but now that you said that about her agent I’m perplexed! I wanna believe she’s too sweet and non confrontational and didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes but it’s her career at stake so she should had fought for herself. I’m really confused…

Rob
Rob
Reply to  willchrisiam

Eden is too trustworthy, obedient and perhaps naive to challenge what she was told she can do and not do until the 3 demos were selected for her. In retrospect, she and her management should have got in touch with songwriters of their choice and discuss which direction Eden would have liked to explore so she could share in the creative process. The writers would have had to agree to submit a demo with a cover singer on board. Eden’s identity would have remained anonymous and the song selection committee could have either selected that song or reject it. Eden… Read more »

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  Rob

That’s exactly what I was thinking. She should have been working on the songs herself! If she hasn’t found her style yet and is waiting for the others to push her in the right direction then she shouldn’t have tried to go to Eurovision at all. Not yet. Why are you trying to get people’s attention if you have nothing to show and haven’t made up your mind? Or just go all in paying close attention to what your audience wants from you and double down. Amass the following, build your catalogue and try to find yourself that way. Then… Read more »

Jake
Jake

I will say that with these songs, Eden will be very lucky to have backing vocals given the amount of voices on these songs. I honestly don’t see much difference between the tracks. They seem to be good radio friendly songs that will have to stand out with staging. I am not sure juries will go for this with only Set Me Free really showcasing her awesome vocals in parts.

DuncanLee
DuncanLee

Don’t pick Set Me Free,please!

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips

Set me free is still the best one of them for me. Honestly…the only one of the three I don’t have feelings of dislike towards. Also I think the music video idea might be the easiest to transform into decent live staging (just maybe a bit more color rather than being so dark) But I already know it’s not going to be chosen since it tends to bottom poles and it’s clearly not her favorite so I won’t even bother getting my hopes up. Honestly…I can’t really say I’m all that impressed with any of these three. And it hurts… Read more »

RUS
RUS

They’re so generic and mediocre. I’m really disappointed in KAN for ruining Eden’s chances this year. Every single song from Eden’s selection last year was better than these.

Jerome
Jerome
Reply to  RUS

I think Israel dont want to host again soon. and honestly cant blame them

Charli Cheer Up
Charli Cheer Up
Reply to  RUS

I feel like they were aiming for a follow-up single to Feker Libi when they selected these songs for her rather than giving us something brand new.

All of them are mediocre, i am very sorry…. Eden is so talented and charismatic. Her 2020 songs were so much better including Feker Libi which represented Israeli sounds and culture.

Honestly, i don’t know which one they should choose…

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  Alex

She seemed happier when performing feker libi compared to these songs too…it’s upsetting that that was taken from her

Miss Uncongeniality
Miss Uncongeniality

Where in the poll is the option “none”…. the three songs are horrible

Tuvia
Tuvia

I have teenage daughters, and ue lala is a big nono for me, especially with that music video. That over-sexualization gives me the same vibe as Cyprus 2018 and 2019, which is the exact opposite of the “me too” “not your toy” values I want my girls to adopt.

Lala love has horrible lyrics.

Im voting for set me free, mostly out of necessity. But it os also the most melodic song, and the favorite of my mom who is a professional musician, so maybe it has some jury value.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Tuvia

I’m sorry, but where exactly do you see over-sexualization. Girls can also feel sexy, and so do men, there is nothing wrong with that, it’s also not in any way related to sexism. It’s just how you perceive sexuality.. I’d rather have my daughters to be raised in a place where they can feel free to talk about sex, they can wear clothes that aren’t conservative etc. at least rather than teach them that the world is bad and so on, let them be. Eden is also 20 so old enough and not a child.

Reply to  Erasmus

Girls and men. You’re right – she’s not a child, so call her a woman. #Sexism

GrantK
GrantK
Reply to  Tuvia

Snowflake much

I think Set Me Free would be the best choice.

zeev
zeev

fans say that they Succeeded to vote in kan app Outside of israel

Last edited 4 months ago by zeev
ESC8
ESC8

So far I thought that Ue La La was going for a landslide victory (and it still is my favourite of those 3). But sometimes the music videos may trick you. If the Israelis vote based on the best music video, then La La Love will be the winner. I think it is the best music video, it tells a story. The best song is definitely Ue La La, and I think that among those 3 it’s the one that can bring Israel their best result, but La La Love’s music video is the best produced and I could say… Read more »

Teddi
Teddi

WiwiBloggs audience has particular taste. They always vote up for extremely feminine mega teenage vibe songs. Set me free is far the best out of these three.

Mika
Mika
Reply to  Teddi

That’s your opinion, not the majority’s one.

gilpgilpgilp
gilpgilpgilp

Ue La La way ahead in the wiwibloggs poll. Not surprising.

Gavin
Gavin

Well…. I love them… bring on an album!

Bella
Bella

Uh la la is very bad and the lyrics are awful…
La la love isn’t the best but at least Eden will sing this pleasantly.

Kalla
Kalla

Can’t say after watching all I have that strong of a feeling to watch any again really. Seems like I’m not aligned with most people as I think set me free was the best concept and song. It’s a shame though there’s to many melody changes and inconsistencies in the song that has ruined it a bit. If it was more of the intro and final chorus, then it may have been a clear winner I think. The isreali instrumentals could have been a lot more effective in every song. Hate to say it but I think Isreal won’t be… Read more »

Last edited 4 months ago by Kalla
Tom
Tom
Reply to  Kalla

I agree that Set me free is the best.. Well at least it less annoying than the others. Completely don’t understand the hype around other songs, they sound like someone wrote them in 5 minutes. Lyrics Cringeworthy…

Last edited 4 months ago by Tom
Kalla
Kalla
Reply to  Tom

Nor do I, and I was fully set to get on board with the hype, but there is just nothing these that excites me!

phone but on laptop
phone but on laptop
Reply to  Kalla

her charisma tho, it might be enough to get those votes in Eurovision

zeev
zeev

In the video of La La Love, there are connections to several songs that have passed in the Eurovision Song Contest, according to one of the journalists, Eran Suissa.

Kalla
Kalla
Reply to  zeev

Well they definitely passed me by!

Maya G
Maya G
Reply to  Kalla

There’s a Sarit Hadad (Israel 2002) doll (which is an actual product from the early noughties) on her nightstand, and Netta’s Maneki-neko makes an appearance.
And I don’t know if these are intentional references, but the frames on the wall are house shaped (Home, 2019), and the neon Hamsa (hand shape with an eye in the middle of it) is a popular good luck charm throughout the middle east, but also dabbles as TeaPacks’ (Israel 2007) logo.
Maybe there are other Easter eggs that I missed.
comment image

Last edited 4 months ago by Maya G
Reply to  zeev

The name of the song is reminiscent of Cyprus 2012 (Sweden, sorry!!); then there is a playful cat doll or such like Netta had in her video and the live performance (Israel 2018), then she sings about ‘good vibrations’ – ‘Bra Vibrasjoner’ which was Sweden 1985. Three ‘connections’ here. LOL!

Azaad
Azaad

La La Love may be tacky lyrically but the music video did a good job selling and conveying the song, which is the function of a music video.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  Azaad

How would they stage that though? The other two music videos gave us a more clear idea on that.

Azaad
Azaad

A music video isn’t a blueprint for staging. Duncan wasn’t swimming naked in Tel Aviv was her?

Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  Azaad

*was he?

srulik
srulik

I voted for Ue La La as it had the best video and vibe. The video was better than the others, felt complete, contemporary and MTV like quality and could have a good staging. La La Love is good but it’s video felt childish so I can see the staging going all rainbow and sparkles which is not my thing.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  srulik

That was my thought too. I honestly got JESC vibes while watching it.

Jamie
Jamie

Set me free video feels the most expensive and original. Even though I would pick between Ue La La and La La Love in terms of the song. I’ve also noticed that Eden is giving strong signals that she does not like Ue La La, even in the music video.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  Jamie

Yeah Eden has a very clear bias towards la la love. She’s definitely trying harder to sell that one than the other two. I don’t think it’s even a contest. She and KAN sort of already decided and now it’s just up to the audience to fall for it.

OMG this has been a long selection process. Fatigue has kicked in. Selection did not turn out the best way IMO. Anyway, good luck to Eden. She deserves it.

Adam
Adam

How many times do we have to say this… the lyrics for La La Love are TERRIBLE and OFFENSIVE. Can someone from KAN make a statement to say, should the song win, there will be a lyrical revamp. it’s not hard as the melody is catchy enough to do well. I simply can’t support it in good faith.

Erasmus
Erasmus

I’d pick La La Love. And even if it wins I kinda struggle to see Israel in the final this year, if they were in the second semi than yes – but in the first it’s gonna be a tough one (early prediction but, I see Malta, Belgium, Romania, Cyprus, Sweden, Russia, Lithuania, Australia, Croatia and even Ireland and Azerbaijan qualifying over them). I think Eden is the only one redeeming quality of these songs, they are not bad, but I doubt they are competitive enough, I don’t see them appealing to neither the jury nor the televote (at least… Read more »

Alo
Alo
Reply to  Erasmus

As much as I don’t like the songs.. It’s too early to call that

gilpgilpgilp
gilpgilpgilp
Reply to  Erasmus

It’s ridiculous to say all of those countries will qualify when none of them even have songs yet.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  gilpgilpgilp

yes I know but we can always predict, I mean yes some are a riskier choice (Australia, Croatia and Azerbaijan), but all others are a pretty safe bet – I mean we dont expect Sweden(duh Sweden), Russia(Little Big and duh Russia), Romania(basically all of her songs last year in the nf would make it), Lithuania (the Roop) and Malta (no way that Destiny isnt going to be in the top 5 of the jury) to be left out in the semi do we, even Belgium who Im sure will stand out in the semi because it will probably be one… Read more »

Sniper K-Wolf
Sniper K-Wolf
Reply to  Erasmus

So why you forget Ukraine ? Ukraine had won in 2004 and 2016 with ethnic song and they qualified every year with Australia.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Sniper K-Wolf

yeah sorry Ukraine could also qualify, I forgot about them

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi

La la love, as a total package, is too childish. it feels like JESC.
Ue la la is the stronger song with the stronger MV.

gilpgilpgilp
gilpgilpgilp
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

Agree. The lyrics of la la love are cringeworthy.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  gilpgilpgilp

lol like any of the other two are lyrically good..

gilpgilpgilp
gilpgilpgilp
Reply to  Erasmus

The other two aren’t exactly great lyrics either, but at least they don’t talk about “infecting my generation” and other covid references.

Filipe
Filipe
Reply to  gilpgilpgilp

Helloooo… Before “infecting my generation” we have “Love is my disease”… There’s no Covid reference in La La Love.

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

Plus, Doesn’t Eden in Ue la la remind you Brandy in “the boy is mine”?
They look very similar and and kinda go for the same attitude/facial expressions

Marios
Marios

All are below average and far worse than her last year song. Le’s say that Set Me Free is the most decent there.

Alon Israel
Alon Israel

Set me free- with a little revamp can be great!
Ue la la- if it wins will be remembered as one of the worst Eurovision songs ever! I am fed up with it after one listening,,,
La la love- depends on how it will look on stage.

Last edited 4 months ago by Alon Israel
Marc
Marc
Reply to  Alon Israel

‘Worst Eurovision song ever’ is dramatic! Have you seen the competition before?

Alon Israel
Alon Israel
Reply to  Marc

“one of the worst”.

GiornoGiovanna
GiornoGiovanna
Reply to  Alon Israel

I totally agree with you. Also, according to Israelis the lyrics of Ue La La doesn’t even make sense.

lol
lol
Reply to  Alon Israel

i notice a lot of people on this site just want an annoying poppy typical Eurovision song. ue la la is so my style and will stand out amongst the crowd, so many will love it. just because its not your type dosent mean it will go down as the worst, far from it. it gives me athena from last year vibes and its great

Jerome
Jerome

All videos looks good! And thats very cool and refreshing to have a unique music video to each song. My personal fav (both in music clip and song) is Ue La La. But La La Love would also be great! Good luck, after the amazing production in ESC2019, I woudnt mind Israel to host again!

Tomtom
Tomtom

Ue La La is the best shot at a top placement. La la love is so generic and forgettable even though it might fit eden a little better.

Alo
Alo

I voted for UE la la.
But it’s safe to say we won’t win this year haha.

The videos all feel expensive, but I think that La La Love and Ue La La better depict the tone they are going for. Just when I thought that Set Me Free couldn’t be more confusing, they dropped this video. By watching it, one would think that this is some kind of universal song about being set free from social norms, not a song about a personal break-up. Ue La La has a good video concept, but I am still not sure that it really fits Eden’s stage persona. She feels too sweet. So, that leaves La La Love –… Read more »

Spirit Animal ^^
Spirit Animal ^^

Seems there has been another further tweaks to the songs since the revamps! I enjoyed the added instrumentation and traditional instrument sounds! I want la la love to go for Israel! I think its the best shot at qualifying – Ue La La is a bit boring after the first chorus.

Leo
Leo

Hard to say:
La la love is very simple and primitive but catchy.
Set me Free is a good song and I like that stuff, but it’s perhaps not as much of a standout.
Ue La La I like but it might not be true to her type. It would be interesting to see Israel bring this style in though.

LawProf
LawProf

Set me Free is wonderful and gets my vote!

Mr.Cigala
Mr.Cigala

Set me free video was the best. In terms of song i prefer Ue La La

Benny
Benny

Lalalove’s music video is very playful and just awesome! I am more of a Lalalove supporter now. The whole concept is relevant but clever

Graft
Graft

If a song with the lyrics « I want to infect my generation » goes to Rotterdam… boy…

KRM
KRM

Ok, even though Set Me Free is my favourite out of the three, one can see that La La Love fits Eden really well as well.

So, I’d say either Set Me Free or La La Love. I just don’t think Ue La La suits her at all.

Joseph Mendy
Joseph Mendy

3 different bops. Not sure about Set Me Free, but La La Love & Ue La La are pure dance-alongs songs in my eyes.

Mr.Cigala
Mr.Cigala
Reply to  Joseph Mendy

The poll is about the videos, not the songs.

Bram Wammes
Bram Wammes

I prefer Ue La La, but I voted for La La Love as it looks like Eden prefers that song and that’s what matters most to me.

MyEuroVision
MyEuroVision

It will be between La la love and Ue la la. I think Israel will have te biggest chance of a good placement with La la love. It’s sad that we can’t see any live performance, since I think Ue la la will completely fall flat live cause of the repetitive chorus. That’s more a radio song than a song for a television show.

Laura
Laura

In the interview today she said she originally hated Ue La La (as many suspected from the car scene) but she grew to love it while filming the video clip

Lolek
Lolek

My personal favourite is Ue La La. I could see them doing wonders with the staging for this one!

However, it seems as though Eden prefers La La Love, so she may very well do a much better job with that one during a live performance.

Regardless, I voted for Ue La La.

Fans eurovision