Eurovision 2021 Second Rehearsal Schedule 12 May (Day 5)
Photos: EBU / ANDRES PUTTING / THOMAS HANNES

Over the past four days, we’ve seen all of the semi-finalists take to the stage for their first rehearsals. And now, it’s time to do it all again. Eurovision 2021 second rehearsals begin today with another run-through of the first semi-final.

Today, we’ll see acts from 15 countries take to the Rotterdam Ahoy stage for their second run-throughs. Lithuania, Slovenia, Russia, Sweden, Australia, North Macedonia, Ireland, Cyprus, Norway, Croatia, Belgium, Israel, Romania, Azerbaijan and Ukraine all have another shot today at getting things right before full dress rehearsals begin. Missing from today’s semi-final one lineup is Malta, who will instead rehearse first thing tomorrow morning.

We’ll be bringing you coverage all day, keeping you updated about staging updates, costume changes and more.

May 12: Second rehearsals at Eurovision 2021

Here’s who will be taking to the Rotterdam Ahoy stage today. All times are listed in CEST (BST + 1).

• 10:00 – 10:20 Lithuania: The Roop — “Discoteque”
  • 10:25 – 10:45 Slovenia: Ana Soklic — “Amen”
  • 10:50 – 11:10 Russia: Manizha — “Russian Woman”
  • 11:15 – 11:35 Sweden: Tusse — “Voices”
  • 11:40 – 12:00 Australia: Montaigne — “Technicolour”*
  • Break
  • 13:05 – 13:25 North Macedonia: Vasil — “Here I Stand”
  • 13:30 – 13:50 Ireland: Lesley Roy — “Maps”
  • 13:55 – 14:15 Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou — “El Diablo”
  • 14:20 – 14:40 Norway: TIX — “Fallen Angel”
  • 14:45 – 15:05 Croatia: Albina — “Tick-Tock”
  • Break
  • 15:35 – 15:55 Belgium: Hooverphonic — “The Wrong Place”
  • 16:00 – 16:20 Israel: Eden Alene — “Set Me Free”
  • 16:25 – 16:45 Romania: Roxen — “Amnesia”
  • 16:50 – 17:10 Azerbaijan: Efendi — “Mata Hari”
  • 17:15 – 17:35 Ukraine: Go_A — “Shum”

*The Australian delegation will not be travelling to Rotterdam. Their rehearsal time will instead showcase a backstage look at Montaigne’s live-on-tape recording.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by wiwibloggs (@wiwibloggs)

As always, we’ll have review posts for each rehearsal here on wiwibloggs — though for second rehearsals, we’ll be grouping acts together in groups of two and three. You’ll be able to read our thoughts on the rehearsals and see which countries decided to change up their staging.

And of course, our team on the ground in Rotterdam will be livestreaming reactions to the second rehearsals over on wiwi.tv, so make sure you’re subscribed and keeping an eye on our YouTube channel!

Eurovision 2021: Press conferences

Shortly after their rehearsals, each act will attend a 20-minute press conference. Things will look a little different this year with social distancing in place. But we’ll still be on hand to ask the stars some questions from a safe distance to get their thoughts on the rehearsal.

Here’s the list of times for each act’s press conference. All times are listed in CEST (BST + 1).

• 11:15 – 11:35 Lithuania: The Roop — “Discoteque”
  • 11:40 – 12:00 Slovenia: Ana Soklic — “Amen”
  • 12:05 – 12:25 Russia: Manizha — “Russian Woman”
  • 12:30 – 12:50 Sweden: Tusse — “Voices”
  • 12:55 – 13:15 Australia: Montaigne — “Technicolour”*
  • Break
  • 14:20 – 14:40 North Macedonia: Vasil — “Here I Stand”
  • 14:45 – 15:05 Ireland: Lesley Roy — “Maps”
  • 15:10 – 15:30 Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou — “El Diablo”
  • 15:35 – 15:55 Norway: TIX — “Fallen Angel”
  • 16:00 – 16:20 Croatia: Albina — “Tick-Tock”
  • Break
  • 16:50 – 17:10 Belgium: Hooverphonic — “The Wrong Place”
  • 17:15 – 17:25 Israel: Eden Alene — “Set Me Free”
  • 17:40 – 18:00 Romania: Roxen — “Amnesia”
  • 18:05 – 18:25 Azerbaijan: Efendi — “Mata Hari”
  • 18:30 – 18:50 Ukraine: Go_A — “Shum”

Which second rehearsal are you most looking forward to? Who do you think will make some staging changes? Let us know in the comments below.

Read more Eurovision 2021 rehearsal news here

Vsl
Vsl

omg… Kateryna is ill… (

Eurovision
Eurovision

I really hope Lesley-Irland will qualify!
Come on Lesley!

Darren
Reply to  Eurovision

Ah I hope so!

Darren

C’mon Ireland you can do this

Pluma
Pluma

I am not excited for Lithuania and Cyprus, because I am 1000% sure that are going throw, I am excited for Romania that is my 3rd favorite in this semi and was very messy at the 1st rehearsal

ESC Stan
ESC Stan

Australia is back on the schedule. I hope we get to see more this time.

ESC 21

GO TUSSE. F..K THE RASISM. YOU ARE SO MUTCH BETTER THAN THEM. WE LOVE YOU

Sonam
Sonam
Reply to  ESC 21

embarrassing

ESC 21
Reply to  Sonam

Jerk

sTommie
sTommie
Reply to  ESC 21

This is the most diverse contest till now. Unfortunately Sweden’s song doesn’t add to that diversity.

whoareyoupeople
whoareyoupeople
Reply to  ESC 21

I love how you use the racism card, while its literally not about that. If only you know how much you ridicule the discourse when you use this term for no reason…Ignorance is a bliss.

Fionn
Fionn

Ireland will be very exciting to see how it will all look through the eyes of the viewer

I have different interests in different countries that I like or love from the bottom of my heart:
1. The ones I feel very excited about and safe about their qualification.
2. The ones I am curious about improvement after the first rehearsals.
3. The one with comedic effect.

Marc
Marc

I can’t wait for Ireland. I’m hoping we can see more of what the final product will look like on TV rather than just seeing the mechanics of it. Those that have seen what the viewers will see in the semi have raved about it so it’s very promising. I also like that there is more to see- it builds the suspense and hype. With some other stagings what we saw in the first rehearsal is the final product but Ireland’s chances can only increase.

Tom Ripley
Tom Ripley

Croatia! Cant wait to see!

Catriona Colville
Catriona Colville

Can’t wait for Belgium. I think they will surprise everyone.

chipo clu
chipo clu

Roxen i believe in you, it is time to slay.

Jimmy Smit
Jimmy Smit

Russia, Ireland, Ukraine — by far the most intriguing, most exciting staging plans for me of this group. Cyprus, Slovenia — curious to see more of their staging, and to hear more of their beautiful vocals. Elena seems underrated as a vocalist in the competition, I really enjoy the tones and textures of her voice. Belgium, North Macedonia — Geike is great, I want to see more of her. Vasil is hilarious and I’m curious about Vasildotterdam—nice to see him take himself less seriously in his interview with Nikki, which really is also a credit to Nikki’s interviewing skills—she’s wonderful.… Read more »

Last edited 4 months ago by Jimmy Smit
BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl

I wonder why Malta is moved to day six.

Jimmy Smit
Jimmy Smit
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

Waiting for a new pair of boots to be delivered and didn’t have the budget for Amazon Prime.

Kristian
Kristian
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

It’s not moved . That’s how the schedule is

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Kristian

You guys can downvote kristian but that’s how it is. This has been the schedule since it’s published. I don’t really understand the logic either. Maybe they didn’t want to make it later than 17: 35?

I think they wanted 5 acts to put the break after on thursday so they moved one country.

Last edited 4 months ago by Frisian esc
WannaEatMySpaghetti
WannaEatMySpaghetti
Reply to  Frisian esc

The thing I don’t understand is why they kept Australia in their program :’) they could have made the entire semi final 1 in one day

shin
shin

just because Montaigne is not physically there, doesn’t mean that they aren’t participating. they are a part of it just as much as everyone else .

Vytautas
Vytautas
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

They did it intentionally so Malta would not be evaluated by the press with the SF1 contenders on the same day. Ugly play but that’s money. Unfortunately, it won’t save Destiny and dirty Maltese tricks. I mean, literally, what’s another 20 minutes of rehearsal + 15 minutes of press conference? Rigged.

The truth
The truth
Reply to  Vytautas

Your hate makes you ridiculous, spouting out ignorant and stupid conspiracies. You need to grow up.

Vytautas
Vytautas
Reply to  The truth

Is this the reality we’re fighting for: love it or hate it? Can I just be in-between, no? I just don’t think that Malta is a worthy winner or TOP5 contender with a copy-paste song of Toy. Just like Switzerland is not worthy because of being Arcade 2.0. Does it mean I hate these songs? Get real, your comment makes you ridiculous. I’m pretty sure this was a strategic move due to already huge disappointment (not hate!) in Maltese performance after the first rehearsal.

The truth
The truth
Reply to  Vytautas

No the reality that we’re fighting for is not to love or like songs by force. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions based on their tastes in music. The reality we’re fighting for is for people to criticize constructively without hate and inventing lies about songs/singers which we don’t like. Your comment was clearly hateful and born out of jealousy, spite and ignorance. Saying that Malta’s song is a copy-paste of Toy is clearly indicative of musical ignorance. There is not one note, no musical construction which is similar between the 2 songs. The only similarity is that both… Read more »

Kristian
Kristian

Slovenia , Russia , Ireland , Cyprus , Belgium , Ukraine

I want to see how they look on stage