It’s Europe’s favourite retro watch-a-long show. And on Saturday, #EurovisionAgain returned for its August 2021 edition. This time, Eurovision 1992 was the classic song contest of choice.
The original competition held in Malmö saw Ireland come out on top.
However, as with every #EurovisionAgain, today’s fans watching online were able to vote for their favourites…and the result was slightly different. Fans voted Italy’s Mia Martini as the winner with “Rapsodia”.
The real-life champion — Ireland’s Linda Martin with “Why Me?” — finished in second place.
Mia Martini wins #EurovisionAgain 1992
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 1992. The rankings are based on the votes of all those who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 1992 grand final on Saturday 21 August.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from 29 years ago.
#EurovisionAgain 1992 results
- Italy: Mia Martini – “Rapsodia” (+3)
- Ireland: Linda Martin – “Why Me?” (-1)
- United Kingdom: Michael Ball – “One Step Out of Time” (-1)
- Iceland: Heart 2 Heart – “Nei eða já” (+3)
- Greece: Cleopatra – “Olou tou kosmou i Elpida” (=)
- Israel: Dafna Dekel – “Ze Rak Sport” (=)
- France: Kali – “Monté la riviè” (+1)
- Cyprus: Evridiki – “Teriazoume” (+3)
- Malta: Mary Spiteri – “Little Child” (-6)
- Netherlands: Humphrey Campbell – “Wijs me de weg” (-1)
- Yugoslavia: Extra Nena – “Ljubim te pesmama” (+2)
- Norway: Merethe Trøan – “Visjoner” (+6)
- Portugal: Dina – “Amor d’água fresca” (+4)
- Denmark: Kenny Lübcke & Lotte Nilsson – “Alt det som ingen ser” (-2)
- Finland: Pave Maijanen – “Yamma, yamma” (+8)
- Sweden: Christer Björkman – “I morgon är en annan dag” (+6)
- Germany: Wind – “Träume sind für alle da” (-1)
- Spain: Serafín – “Todo esto es la música” (-4)
- Luxembourg: Marion Welter & Kontinent – “Sou fräi” (+2)
- Turkey: Aylin Vatankoş – “Yaz Bitti” (-1)
- Austria: Tony Wegas – “Zusammen geh’n” (-11)
- Belgium: Morgane – “Nous, on veut des violons” (-2)
- Switzerland: Daisy Auvray – “Mister Music Man” (-8)
#EUROVISIONAGAIN 1992 RESULTS ?
Votes have been checked and verified by Dr @Ellie_Made EurovisionAgain Exec Supervisor.
The scores from the MALMÖ Twitter jury are in ??
? ?? ITALY’S MIA MARTINI WINS… ?? ?
— #EurovisionAgain (@EurovisionAgain) August 21, 2021
Watch Eurovision 1992 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for this month, but the Eurovision 1992 grand final remains online… for now. You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel. However, it is only available for one month.
But why? Before 2004, the copyright for each show belonged to the respective broadcasters. In the case of 1992, that’s Sweden’s SVT. For now, the Swedish network has opted to make the show available only temporarily.
From 2004, the rules changed and the EBU took over ownership of the rights. Hence, the uploads of contests from 2004 onwards have remained online permanently.
#EurovisionAgain is scheduled to return on Saturday 18 September at 21:00 CEST for another rewatch of a classic song contest.
What is #EurovisionAgain?
Throughout the first 15 weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic, the #EurovisionAgain team organised mass sync viewings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable shows on its YouTube channel.
The rewatches have since switched to monthly affairs, now taking place on the third Saturday of each month.
As well as organising rewatches, the #EurovisionAgain team has also added a fundraising element for various LGBTQ+ charities.
For further details about the rewatches, check out the #EurovisionAgain Twitter page.
Do you agree that Mia Martini deserved to win the Eurovision 1992 rewatch? Which year do you hope #EurovisionAgain travels to next time? Let us know in the comments.