It took some time and some drama, but Ukrainian broadcaster Suspilne has finally revealed the full split results for Vidbir 2022 – Ukraine’s selection for Eurovision 2022.
The split results show the exact number of votes each act earned from the televote. It also reveals the order in which the three individual jury members ranked the eight contestants.
Kalush Orchestra won the Vidbir 2022 televote by a large margin
Overall runner-up of Vidbir 2022, Kalush Orchestra, won the televoting with a large margin over all the other competitors in the show. The “Stefania” performers achieved a 44.66% share of all SMS votes cast.
The ultimate winner, Alina Pash, finished second in the televote and received a considerable share too. She received a total of 27.58%.
Following the top two, there’s a notable distance down to the others. Third and fourth placed acts, Wellboy and Roxolana, each received around 7% of the televote.
Meanwhile, the jury split results reveal that the Vidbir 2022 judges did not agree with each other.
Although both Yaroslav Lodygin and Jamala gave Alina Pash their maximum points, Tina Karol only gave the “Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors” singer six points (her third place). In an interview on TV show Svitske Zhittya, the Eurovision 2006 alumna said her decision to not award Alina the top rank was motivated by the fact she saw a potential scandal erupting if Alina were to win. This scandal ultimately did manifest itself, and Alina subsequently withdrew from Eurovision 2022.
The judges also had very differing opinions on Barleben‘s “Hear My Words” and Kalush Orchestra’s “Stefania”. Both songs were awarded high points by Tina Karol and Jamala, but received low scores from Yaroslav Lodygin.
Shortly after the final, Lodygin received some stick for his statement in which he revealed he awarded Kalush Orchestra only three points (his sixth place)
Vidbir 2022 split results
Vidbir 2022 televoting result
- Kalush Orchestra – 31,634 votes (44.66%)
- Alina Pash –19,535 votes (27.58%)
- Wellboy – 5,642 votes (7.96%)
- Roxolana – 5,034 votes (7.11%)
- Cloudless – 3,410 votes (4.81%)
- Barleben – 2,740 votes (3.87%)
- Our Atlantic – 1,605 votes (2.27%)
- Michael Soul – 1,239 votes (1.75%)
Vidbir 2022 jury votes
- Alina Pash – 22 points – Tina Karol (6), Jamala (8), Yaroslav Lodygin (8)
- Wellboy – 19 points – Tina Karol (8), Jamala (4), Yaroslav Lodygin (7)
- Kalush Orchestra – 16 points – Tina Karol (7), Jamala (6), Yaroslav Lodygin (3)
- Our Atlantic – 15 points – Tina Karol (4), Jamala (5), Yaroslav Lodygin (6)
- Barleben – 14 points – Tina Karol (5), Jamala (7), Yaroslav Lodygin (2)
- Roxolana – 10 points – Tina Karol (2), Jamala (3), Yaroslav Lodygin (5)
- Michael Soul – 7 points – Tina Karol (1), Jamala (2), Yaroslav Lodygin (4)
- Cloudless – 5 points – Tina Karol (3), Jamala (1), Yaroslav Lodygin (1)
On 12 February, songstress Alina Pash emerged victorious in the country’s selection show. However, within a few days, she withdrew her bid after one of her team members allegedly forged documents about her previous trip to Crimea.
As a result of the developments, Ukraine’s public broadcaster decided to offer the Vidbir 2022 runner-up – Kalush Orchestra – the opportunity to fly the flag in Turin. On Tuesday, the band accepted the offer.
What do you think about the Vidbir 2022 split results? Are you happy we finally got to see them? Let us know in the comments down below!