Buongiorno, signori e signore. Eurovision 2022 rehearsals continue in Turin, and we’re back on the ground in Italy bringing live updates and reactions throughout the day.
Artists from ten countries will take to the PalaOlimpico stage for their second rehearsal. We’ll get our first proper look at how the acts from Iceland, Norway, Armenia, Finland, Israel, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Malta and San Marino decided to stage their entries.
The Big Five automatic qualifier nations — France, Italy, Germany, Spain and United Kingdom — will also have their first rehearsals today. We’ll see a short snippet of each run-through exclusively on TikTok.
For second rehearsals, we’ll have individual posts for each country on our website, updated live throughout the day. Stay tuned to wiwibloggs to see our first reactions!
5 May: Second rehearsals at Eurovision 2022
Listed below are the countries having their second rehearsals today. All times are listed in CEST (BST + 1).
- 10:00 – 10:20 Iceland: Systur “Með hækkandi sól”
- 10:25 – 10:45 Norway: Subwoolfer “Give That Wolf a Banana”
- 10:50 – 11:10 Armenia: Rosa Linn “Snap”
- 11:15 – 11:35 Finland: The Rasmus “Jezebel”
- 11:40 – 12:00 Israel: Michael Ben David “I.M”
- Lunch break
- 13:05 – 13:25 Serbia: Konstrakta “In corpore sano”
- 13:30 – 13:50 Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli “Fade to Black”
- 13:55 – 14:15 Georgia: Circus Mircus “Lock Me In”
- 14:20 – 14:40 Malta: Emma Muscat “I Am What I Am”
- 14:45 – 15:05 San Marino: Achille Lauro “Stripper”
Unlike first rehearsals — which were exclusive to TikTok — press will have access to the second rehearsal livestream direct from the PalaOlimpico arena.
As always, we’ll have individual posts for each rehearsal here on wiwibloggs. You’ll be able to read our thoughts on the rehearsal and find out how each country chose to stage their entries.
And, of course, we’re livestreaming from Turin all day, so make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel and keep an eye on wiwi.tv to hear our first reactions!
5 May: First rehearsals at Eurovision 2022
The Big Five — countries which are automatically qualified for the grand final — will also have their first rehearsals today.
Listed below is the Big Five first rehearsal schedule. All times are listed in CEST (BST + 1).
- 15:35 – 16:05 France: Alvan & Ahez “Fulenn”
- 16:15 – 16:45 Italy: Mahmood & Blanco “Brividi”
- 16:55 – 17:25 United Kingdom: Sam Ryder “SPACE MAN”
- 17:35 – 18:05 Spain: Chanel “SloMo”
- 18:15 – 18:45 Germany: Malik Harris “Rockstars”
First rehearsal footage will be exclusive to the official Eurovision TikTok account for 24 hours.
Each video will be a maximum of 90 seconds, and will include:
- Artists getting ready backstage
- First reaction to seeing the stage
- Wide shots of the first rehearsal
- A short interview about their first performance
Eurovision 2022: Press Conference schedule
Second rehearsal press conferences
Shortly after their rehearsals, each act will be available for a 20 minute press conference.
All press conferences will be available to watch on demand via Italian broadcaster RAI.
Here’s the list of times for each act’s press conference. All times are listed in CEST (BST + 1).
- 11:10 – 11:30 Iceland: Systur “Með hækkandi sól”
- 11:35 – 11:55 Norway: Subwoolfer “Give That Wolf a Banana”
- 12:00 – 12:20 Armenia: Rosa Linn “Snap”
- 12:25 – 12:45 Finland: The Rasmus “Jezebel”
- 12:50 – 13:10 Israel: Michael Ben David “I.M”
- 14:15 – 14:35 Serbia: Konstrakta “In corpore sano”
- 14:40 – 15:00 Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli “Fade to Black”
- 15:05 – 15:25 Georgia: Circus Mircus “Lock Me In”
- 15:30 – 15:50 Malta: Emma Muscat “I Am What I Am”
- 15:55 – 16:15 San Marino: Achille Lauro “Stripper”
Big Five first rehearsal press Meet & Greet
Here’s the list of times for each act’s press meet and greet. All times are listed in CEST (BST + 1).
- 17:35 – 17:55 France: Alvan & Ahez “Fulenn”
- 18:15 – 18:35 Italy: Mahmood & Blanco “Brividi”
- 18:55 – 19:15 United Kingdom: Sam Ryder “SPACE MAN”
- 19:35 – 19:55 Spain: Chanel “SloMo”
- 20:15 – 20:35 Germany: Malik Harris “Rockstars”
Which act are you most excited for? Are we in for any surprises? Share your thoughts in the comments down below.
POSSIBLY, THE BEST REHEARSAL DAY, SO FAR!
Waiting for the queen of Eurovision 2022!!! Chanel!!!
Good luck to the Big-5 entries! Looking forward to seeing what the UK has in store. Spain is rather cheesy but yes a Foureira-style strong entry. Italy, don’t get the hype at all. Germany, good job but sorry. France now! Will they have a coherent staging and performance? The song is hyped, not too thrilled about their live performances so far. Let’s go Spaceman!
looking forward seeing Malta’s beautiful staging from a better camera angle than the TikTok first rehearsal snippets it makes me so emotional to see more love for Emma and her entry now also looking forward to see better camera angles from Serbia and San Marino but yes i am TeamEmma all the way, i really hope she will qualify, i already love the look of her staging with the dancers and classy golden look very elegant, lots of thought has went into how to stage this the right way, and honestly i don’t mind the sun blocking some of the… Read more »
I was so excited to see what UK has planned and then realised it’ll just be on TikTok – so I’ll just carry on waiting!
You do realize that you don’t have to have a TikTok app in order to see the videos, right?
Yeah – they just don’t show you much!