Eurovision 2023 rehearsals are underway in Liverpool. Today, artists from eleven more nations competing at this year’s song contest take to the M&S Bank Arena for their first rehearsals ahead of May’s live shows.
After arriving at the arena, each delegation has around 40 minutes to get settled. They then have an in-ear monitoring rehearsal (30 minutes) and a stage safety briefing (10 minutes).
Then it’s time to take the stage. Each act has 30 minutes to test out the stage. This allows artists to do a series of run-throughs to see how they sound in the space and to get used to moving in the space. Delegations monitor the performances closely, seeing if the show’s producers have managed to execute their agreed-upon vision (including graphics and camera angles). They then have 30 minutes to discuss what they want changed when they meet with producers in the viewing room.
Live in Liverpool: Eurovision 2023 rehearsals Day 3 (Tuesday 2 May)
Here’s the full schedule for today’s rehearsals. All times are listed in BST (CEST – 1).
View this post on Instagram
- 10:30 — 11:00 — Estonia
- 11:10 — 11:40 — Iceland
- 11:50 — 12:20 — Greece
- 12:30 — 13:00 — Poland
- 14:10 — 14:40 — Slovenia
- 14:50 — 15:20 — Georgia
- 15:30 — 16:00 — San Marino
- 16:10 — 16:40 — Austria
- 16:50 — 17:20 — Albania
- 17:30 — 18:00 — Lithuania
- 18:10 — 18:40 — Australia
We’ll be working inside our LUSH Liverpool Lounge all day and plan to react to TikTok snippets released by the EBU after each rehearsal. We’ll also be live-streaming for much of the day. See y’all soon!
Eurovision 2023 rehearsals live stream
- Voyager postpones European tour as singer Danny Estrin reveals cancer diagnosis
- Let’s get lit, Eskilstuna! Melodifestivalen 2024 dates and cities revealed
- North Macedonia: MRT’s proposed 2024 budget hints at possible Eurovision return
- New music this week: Songs from Käärijä, Piqued Jacks, Alessandra and more