The Wiwi Jury—our international panel of music unprofessionals—has reviewed all 42 Eurovision 2012 entries. Below you can read the individual reviews, and see our final rankings.
The jury consists of an American, an Australian, a Brit and a Finn—so we are truly international. Each member of the jury offered their critique of each song, and then awarded it a score out of 10. The average scores were then re-centered to account for individual variation. For instance, if the lowest score a jury member gave an individual song was a 2, and the highest was an 8, we used a re-centering formula to give a complete spread from 1 to 10. As always, we will be making our annual Eurovision prediction. The Wiwi Jury Verdict will count for half of the score, while the votes earned in our polls for the semi-finals and final will account for the other half. Think of the Wiwi Jury as the jury score, and the polls as the televotes.
REVIEWS AND FINAL STANDINGS
1. Sweden: Loreen with “Euphoria” (9.5)
2. Albania: Rona Nishliu with “Suus” (Personal) (7.80)
3. Italy: Nina Zilli with “L’Amore è Femmina” (Out of Love) (7.7)
4. Switzerland: Sinplus with “Unbreakable” (7.4)
5. Serbia: Zeljko Joksimovic with “Nije ljubav stvar” (7.1)
6. Cyprus: Ivi with “La La Love” (7.1)
7. Ireland: Jedward with “Waterline” (7.0)
8. San Marino: Valentina Monetta with “The Social Network” (6.80)
8. United Kingdom: Engelbert Humperdink with “Love Will Set You Free” (6.80)
10. Norway: Tooji with “Stay” (6.70)
11. Germany: Roman Lob with “Standing Still” (6.50)
12. Israel: Izabo with “Time” (6.40)
13. The Netherlands: Joan Franka with “You and Me” (6.30)
14. Greece: Eleftheria Eleftheriou with “Aphrodisiac” (6.20)
15. Romania: Mandinga with “Zaleilah” (6.10)
15. Spain: Pastora Soler with “Quédate conmigo” (6.10)
17. Denmark: Soluna Samay with “Should’ve Known Better” (6.0)
18. Bulgaria: Sofi Marinova with “Love Unlimited” (5.80)
18. Slovakia: Max Jason Mai with “Don’t Close Your Eyes” (5.80)
20. F.Y.R. Macedonia: Kaliopi with “Crno i belo” (5.60)
21. Belarus: Litesound with “We Are the Heroes” (5.50)
22. Russia: Buranovskiye Babushki with “Party for Everybody” (5.40)
23. France: Anggun with “Echo (You and I)” (5.20)
24. Finland: Pernilla Karlsson’s with “När jag blundar” (5.0)
25. Moldova: Pasha Parfeny with “Lautar” (4.90)
26. Ukraine: Gaitana with “Be My Guest” (4.50)
27. Azerbaijan: Sabina Babayeva with “When the Music Dies” (4.4)
28. Slovenia: Eva Boto with “Verjamen” (4.30)
29. Estonia: Ott Lepland with “Kuula” (4.10)
30. Lithuania: Donny Montell with “Love Is Blind” (4.0)
30. Hungary: Compact Disco with “Sound of Our Hearts” (4.0)
32. Austria: Trackshittaz with “Woki mit deim Popo” (3.70)
32. Turkey: Can Bonomo with “Love Me Back” (3.70)
34. Iceland: Greta Salóme & Jónsi with “Remember Me” (3.30)
35. Malta: Kurt Calleja with “This Is the Night (3.10)
35. Portugal: Filipa Sousa with “Vida Minha” (Life of Mine) (3.10)
37. Montenegro: Rambo Amadeus with “Euro Neuro” (2.80)
38. Bosnia: Maya Sar with “Kora ti znam” (2.80)
39: Belgium: Iris with “Would You?” (2.70)
40: Croatia: Nina Badric with “Nebo” (2.60)
41. Latvia: Anmary with “Beautiful Song” (1.10)
42. Georgia: Anri Jokhadze with “I’m a Jocker” (1.0)
Suus est divina! She doesn’t belong to ESC….
If Eurovision is about true artists- than Rona must win!
I’m from Serbia And i love Rona. Rona is from Kosovo and
Kosovo has many talented people.
We must forget the past. so ……I forgot. It was our fault !
Go Rona, Go Kosovo, Go Albania ..
greetings from Belgrade
This time to win is for Albania, Rona Nishliu “Suus”. Greetings from Prishtina, Kosovo.
I think, who has ear for music, Rona has the best voice. She should win this time.
I dont think waterline will get through to the final. Most of the people voting are the jedwar fans on line. the problem is the Uk and Ireland cant vote for them in the 1st semi final this will definitley put a dent into their votes who knows
Guys, I think you should review some of the songs again…Turkey and Iceland are badly reviewed, seriously, they have GOOD songs and let’s be honest, San Marino ain’t that good. Anyway, I agree with choosing Sweden and I’d be very surprised if this doesn’t win the whole thing this year
If only Cyprus just squeezed their way into the top 5 then I’d be very happy. Still pleased with the 6th place finish for Cyprus though but I’m certainly NOT happy with the 28th place for my own country, Slovenia!
YEAH TRUE TO MUCH FUSS ABOUT SWEDEN SONG MALTA MUCH BETTER SONG FOR EUROVISION :}
MALTA TO WIN GO MALTA GO MALTA
What’s all this fuss about sweden’s song ?
Malta will win :)xx
Are you kidding me? Iceland #34 ?
San Marino’s song on the same place (8!!!) with Engelbert Humperdinck’s is… questionable.
If you really think Russia is going to come 22nd, you need to revise your criteria. I hate it and fear it might win but think the juries will nix it (please). Italy Sweden and Russia top 3 I think. Would love Sweden to win but she mumble the words
MALTA KURT CALLEJA SHOULD GO TO THE FINAL NICE SONG NOT BORING AT ALL
Can Bonomo is too underrated, imho… I love his song, and he is a very beautiful guy. so, I wish him good luck. =)