Another week, another win for Emma Marrone in our weekly poll to determine your favourite Eurovision contestant so far. The “La Mia Citta” singer” finished with more than 30% of all votes. That’s an even larger share than she obtained last week.
Albania’s Hersiana Matmuja came second in this week’s poll, jumping up from fourth last week. She swapped places with Malta’s Firelight who now sit in fourth, behind Finland’s Softengine.
Switzerland, Ukraine, Belarus once again finish in positions 6, 7, and 8.
But there is change at the bottom! Our newest contestant Pollapönk—the Icelandic punk band that aspires to be kid-friendly—debuted in last place. They only managed to capture 3.8% of all votes.
Eurovision favourites—so far (as of February 21)
1. Italy: Emma Marrone with “La Mia Citta” 235 votes, 30.56%
2. Albania: Hersiana Matmuja with “Zemërimi i një nate” 106 votes, 13.78%
3. Finland: Softengine with “Something Better” 102 votes, 13.26%
4. Malta: Firelight with “Coming Home” 92 votes, 11.96%
5. Switzerland: Sebalter with “Hunter of Stars” 80 votes, 10.4%
6. Ukraine: Maria Yaremchuk with “Tick-Tock” 74 votes, 9.62%
7. Belarus: Teo with “Cheesecake” 51 votes, 6.63%
8. Iceland: Pollapönk with “Enga fordóma” 29 votes, 3.77%
On Sunday evening we’ll re-set the votes to zero and introduce new contestants and songs from FYR Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Spain. We have a feeling they’re going to shake things up.
As for now, you can consult our Eurovision 2014 calendar for show times and web links, you can listen to all of this year’s chosen acts on our contestants page, and you can also vote in our latest Eurovision 2014 polls by clicking here.