Austria isn’t neccessarily looking for the next Conchita Wurst, but it is looking for an artist who can do the home nation proud at Eurovision 2015. Today host broadcaster ORF moved one step closer by revealing the names of the 16 acts who have qualified for the first show in this year’s national selection, along with the song titles they’ll perform on the first show.
Austria at Eurovision 2015: The Candidates
- The Makemakes – Million Euro Smile
- Tandem – Zeig Ihn Mir
- wo/Men – Happy (Pharell Williams)
- Royal Kombo – Ram Pam Pam
- Clara Blume – Love & Starve
- The Su’sis – This And That
- Kathi Kallauch – Das Leben ist zu kurz
- Johann Sebastian Bass – Heart of Stone
- Celine Ann – I Never Loved A Man (Aretha Franklin)
- Renato Unterberg – Love
- Lemo – So Leicht
- Kommando Elefant – Mein Design fürs Leben
- Dawa – On The Run
- Mizgebonez – Medley of Murmeltier and Fitnesstraining
- Folkshilfe – Seit a poa Tog
- Zoe – Adieu
As part of this year’s process, ORF is going to be playing the role of matchmaker. Only six acts will advance from the first show to the second, at which point they’ll each show off their vocal skills. They’ll also receive coaching from Anna F, TheBossHoss and Nazar. During the third show, each act will perform two songs submitted by domestic and international producers. From these 12 songs, six will advance to the final show, where the singer-songwriter combo will be selected.
Are you excited? And do you know anything about the acts above?