Over the past month y’all have been voting for your favourite song in Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK) 2015 – Finland’s selection for Eurovision 2015. Some favourites have been eliminated along the way, but wiwibloggs readers have come up with their clear favourite. After counting over 2,900 votes, boyband Satin Circus have come out on top with 33% of all votes. It looks like you really want them to sing “Crossroads” at Eurovision!
Satin Circus has dominated the poll since we opened it, but Opera Skaala has been catching up ever since people saw their amazing performance in the second heat of the contest. Mother-daughter duo Solju finished in the third place with their song “Hold Your Colours“. Norlan “El Misionario” with “No voy a llorar por ti” and Shava with “Ostarilla” round up the top five.
The bookies’ favourite, punk group Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät, ended up in sixth place, after finishing next to last before the third heat. Järjestyshäiriö has taken their place at the bottom with 3.55% of all the votes.
Who should win Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK) 2015?
1. Satin Circus – Crossroads 32.99% (957 votes)
2. Opera Skaala – Heart of Light 24.27% (704 votes)
3. Solju – Hold Your Colours 10.89% (316 votes)
4. Norlan “El Misionario” – No voy a llorar por ti 7.72% (224 votes)
5. Shava – Ostarilla 6.58% (191 votes)
6. Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät – Aina mun pitää 5.07% (147 votes)
7. Angelo de Nile – All for Victory 4.76% (138 votes)
8. Jouni Aslak – Lions and Lambs 4.17% (121 votes)
9. Järjestyshäiriö – Särkyneiden sydänten kulmilla 3.55% (103 votes)
Total Votes: 2,901
WATCH OUR INTERVIEWS WITH UMK CONTESTANTS
You can follow all of our Finland Eurovision news here.
Photo: Anton Sucksdorff