We may have missed Ukraine at Eurovision this year, but they won’t leave us heavy-hearted at Junior Eurovision 2015 in Bulgaria!
Earlier in the summer Ukraine confirmed that it would participate in JESC this year, and soon after that the Ukrainian broadcaster NTU announced that they would hold a semi-final to select its fifteen hopefuls. That took place on Saturday, and we now have the names for you to Google and YouTube and dissect en route to the national final, which takes place on Saturday 22 August. The winner will, of course, sing for glory this year in Sofia.
The fifteen finalists and their songs are:
- Hanna Katrina with “Fly”
- Sofia Yaremova with “Salsa”
- Fresh with “Zhyvy Na Povnu”
- Nazar Stinyanskyy with “Come-on”
- Alisa Panchuk with “Spivay”
- Voice Land with “Childhood”
- Victoriya Svyatogor with “Sylna. Vilna”
- Mariya Karohodska with “V Sertsi Muzyka Ye”
- Nina Boykova with “Rozmalyuy Moyi Sny”
- Zabava with “Fly”
- Yarina Taras with “Povir U Chedusa”
- Nastya Tkachuk with “Moya Zemlya”
- Anna Trincher with “Pochny Z Sebe”
- Sofiya Dobryvecher with “My Khochemo Myru”
Last year Ukraine finished in sixth position with the threesome Sympho-Nick and their folky song “Spring Will Come”.
What do you think of the list of names and who’s your favourite?