Israel Calling! On Tuesday one of the biggest pre-parties of the season exploded in Tel Aviv, where 25 acts from Eurovision 2018 made their way to the stage of Israel Calling 2018.
This was the third time the city of Tel Aviv invited the stars of Eurovision to perform. This year we enjoyed an outdoor show held at Rabin Square in downtown Tel Aviv with thousands of fans attending. Producers also delivered a live stream of the show, so fans the world over could share the moment.
The concerts at Rabin Square marked a beautiful end to the three-day fiesta, which included an opening ceremony, a red carpet and a whole lot of partying in between. We’re still walking funny…
With representatives from Iceland to Azerbaijan, it was a truly international show. Slovenia’s Lea Sirk was the first ESC 2018 star to perform, while the Israelis let their very own act Netta close the show. And she didn’t just close it: she blew it up, danced on the ashes, and made the entire audience cluck like chickens.
But who had the best performance? You can watch all 25 performance clips in the playlist below. Then vote in our poll. You can vote for as many acts as you like, but you can only vote ONE time. Be sure to check the box next to every act you want to support before submitting your votes.
Eurovision 2018 acts at Israel Calling 2018
- Armenia: Sevak Khanagyan – “Qami”
- Australia: Jessica Mauboy – “We Got Love”
- Austria: César Sampson – “Nobody But You”
- Azerbaijan: Aisel – “X My Heart”
- Belarus: ALEKSEEV – “Forever”
- Belgium: Sennek – “A Matter of Time”
- Czech Republic – Mikolas Josef – “Lie To Me”
- Denmark: Rasmussen – “Higher Ground”
- France: Madame Monsieur – “Mercy”
- F.Y.R. Macedonia: Eye Cue – “Lost and Found”
- Georgia: Iriao – “For You”
- Iceland: Ari Ólafsson – “Our Choice”
- Ireland: Ryan O’Shaughnessy – “Together”
- Israel: Netta – “Toy”
- Latvia: Laura Rizzotto – “Funny Girl”
- Lithuania: Ieva Zasimauskaité – “When We’re Old”
- Moldova: DoReDos – “My Lucky Day”
- Montenegro: Vanja Radovanovic – “Inje”
- Romania: The Humans – “Goodbye”
- San Marino: Jessika feat. Jenifer Brening – “Who We Are”
- Serbia: Sanja Ilic and Balkanika – “Nova Deca”
- Slovenia: Lea Sirk – “Hvala, Ne!”
- Spain: Amaia y Alfred – “Tu Canción”
- Switzerland: ZiBBZ – “Stones”
- United Kingdom: SuRie – “Storm”
Albania’s Eugent Bushpepa had also been confirmed to perform, but due to matters out of his control he had to cancel.
Israel Calling 2018 performances
Israel Calling 2018: Which Eurovision 2018 performance was your favourite?
Not all Eurovision 2018 contestants made it to Israel, but several sent warm messages from afar. These include Greece’s Yianna Terzi, Bulgaria’s Equinox and Norway’s Alexander Rybak.
Apart from the participants of 2018, we also enjoyed performances from some special guests. Among them was the man who brought the Eurovision trophy to Israel for the first time in 1978 — Izhar Cohen — who, of course, performed his winning song A-ba-ni-bi. Israel’s third and most recent winner to date Dana International reprised “Diva” and “Good night Europe”.
Adel Korshov — part of Israel’s Junior Eurovision 2012 group Kids.il — paid tribute to Eurovision’s first-ever winner Lys Assia, who sadly passed away last month. She sang Assia’s winning song from 1956, “Refrain”.
Who was your favourite? Who are you looking forward to seeing the most in Lisbon? Let us know in the comments below.