Tonight it all happens in Friends Arena when Sweden will decide its act for Eurovision 2019. Earlier this week we asked wiwibloggs readers who should win the grand final of Melodifestivalen 2019. And y’all had a clear favourite, with John Lundvik topping the poll with his song “Too Late for Love”.
John Lundvik picked up 22.03% of the vote, with readers going for his gospel-infused song. Wiwibloggs reader Milla wrote: “My winner of Melodifestivalen this year. I never thought I’d say this after his “My Turn” last year. It was my fear that he would win with that dated song. So I thought he would enter this year with something of the same standard. A really nice surprise.”
In second place was Wiktoria and her song “Not With Me”. She picked up 17.77% of the vote for her third Melodifestivalen attempt. Wiwi reader MaxFowler wrote: “Yes it’s a little bit generic but it has a really important key element here: WIKTORIA, her powerful voice and the emotion that she emotes it’s just outstanding! Just marvelous!”
And comeback queen Anna Bergandahl was in third place. The Mello 2010 winner earned 11.73% of the vote for her song “Ashes to Ashes”. Wiwi reader Sabrina said, “I think it’s one of the best songs of this Melfest and Anna’s vocals are just gorgeous. But I agree that something was seriously off during the live performance. It would probably qualify if it was in the second or third semi and I’ll believe it will be in the final, but they’ll need to find a different way to make it glow, shine and burn.”
At the other end, returning artist Nano, dansband Arvingarna and Instagram sensation Bishara were the three least popular acts, suggesting they may not be picking up many points this evening.
Poll results: Who should win the final of Melodifestivalen 2019?
- John Lundvik – “Too Late for Love” 22.03% (1,696 votes)
- Wiktoria – “Not With Me” 17.77% (1,368 votes)
- Anna Bergendahl – “Ashes to Ashes” 11.73% (903 votes)
- Lisa Ajax – “Torn” 10.73% (826 votes)
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren – “Norrsken (Goeksegh)” 8.8% (677 votes)
- Hannah Ferm & Liamoo – “Hold You” 8.35% (643 votes)
- Mohombi – “Hello” 5.56% (428 votes)
- Malou Prytz – “I Do Me” 3.83% (295 votes)
- Lina Hedlund – “Victorious” 3.77% (290 votes)
- Nano – “Chasing Rivers” 3.25% (250 votes)
- Arvingarna – “I Do” 2.14% (165 votes)
- Bishara – “On My Own” 2.03% (156 Votes)
What do you think? Can John Lundvik take the Great Songbird trophy and perform in Tel Aviv? Who is your favourite to win? Leave your comments below!