Eurovision 2019 is moments away from taking centre stage. Seventeen acts are set to battle it out in the first semi-final in Tel Aviv.
Yesterday, we asked who you think should qualify from the first semi-final. The floor was open for our readers to have their say and choose the ten acts they think should qualify.
Our readers cast a massive 33,392 votes in about 24 hours and we can finally reveal the results.
In short, our fans think the ten qualifiers will be Greece, Cyprus, Australia, Iceland, Portugal, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Serbia, Hungary and Belgium.
Greece is our readers’ favourite, receiving 3,334 votes (9.98%). Our readers are also quite confident in Cyprus, Australia and Iceland. Those countries were the only ones to receive more than 2,500 votes and all appear to be safe qualifiers according to our readers.
Things are a bit more interesting at the other end of the table. Belgium is ranked tenth, with only 67 votes more than Poland. Tulia are still very much in the running according to our readers.
There is a big gap between Poland and the rest of the field. Georgia, Estonia, Belarus, San Marino, Finland and Montenegro did not stack up and our readers seem to think that this might be an eleven horse race.
We all know that Eurovision is often impossible to predict and we may be in store for a couple of surprises.
All will be revealed in a matter of hours.
What do you think of the poll results? Who do you think will qualify tonight? Let us know in the comments below.
Poll results: Who should qualify from Semi-Final 1 of Eurovision 2019?
- Greece: Katerine Duska with “Better Love” — 3,334 votes (9.98%)
- Cyprus: Tamta with “Replay” — 3,135 votes (9.39%)
- Australia: Kate Miller-Heidke with “Zero Gravity” — 2,926 votes (8.76%)
- Iceland: Hatari with “Hatrið mun sigra” — 2,791 votes (8.36%)
- Portugal: Conan Osiris with “Telemóveis” — 2,436 votes (7.3%)
- Slovenia: Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl with “Sebi” — 2,414 votes (7.23%)
- Czech Republic: Lake Malawi with “Friend of a Friend” —2,122 votes (6.35%)
- Serbia: Nevena Bozovic with “Kruna” — 2,043 votes (6.12%)
- Hungary: Joci Pápai with “Az én apám” — 1,997 votes (5.98%)
- Belgium: Eliot with “Wake Up” — 1,973 votes (5.91%)
- Poland: Tulia with “Fire of Love” — 1,906 votes (5.71%)
- Georgia: Oto Nemsadze with “Keep on Going” — 1,377 votes (4.12%)
- Estonia: Victor Crone with “Storm” — 1,369 votes (4.1%)
- Belarus: Zena with “Like It” — 1,338 votes (4.01%)
- San Marino: Serhat with “Say Na Na Na” — 1,249 votes (3.74%)
- Finland: Darude ft. Sebastian Rejman with “Look Away” — 739 votes (2.21%)
- Montenegro: D Mol with “Heaven” — 243 votes (0.73%)