Tomorrow night Sweden’s search for a Eurovision act comes to an end.
Twelve acts will take to the stage at Friends Arena for the final of Melodifestivalen 2020.
And if you have your way, Dotter will be the one lifting the trophy. Her anthem “Bulletproof” topped our poll by a convincing margin. In total, Dotter picked up 35.33% of all votes cast. She was the only act to collect more than 1000 votes. wiwibloggs reader Dawid writes, “Dotter deserves to win for that staging alone.” For many Dotter’s laser lightshow will be the standout moment on Saturday night.
“Ashes To Ashes” hitmaker Anna Bergendahl follows in second. Although Anna falls some way behind Dotter, her country track “Kingdom Come” did receive a respectable 19.47% of all votes cast. Bergendahl is the only other act that received more than 500 votes in this year’s poll. That said, she has lagged behind on streaming numbers, so Anna may have to face an uphill battle for the win. Streams aren’t everything though, so Anna fans shouldn’t lose hope.
The Mamas round out the top three. “Move” picked up 12.12% of all votes cast. wiwibloggs reader Patrick Mackin says of the ladies, “If [Sweden] want out of the semi final of death they need to go with the mamas its jury friendly and they outshone john last year.” The ladies have the distinction of being the only other act to make it into double digits. Everyone else won less than 10% of all votes cast.
At the other end of the spectrum there’s an all male bottom three. Anis don Demina, Mohombi and Méndez feat. Alvar Estrella are all out of luck with our readers. As a collective the boys only managed to scrape together 6.26% of all votes cast. This said we should note Anis don Demina is the highest charting act this year on the Spotify Top 50 chart, so may perform better than expected with the Swedish audience.
Poll results: Dotter should win Melodifestivalen 2020
- Dotter – “Bulletproof” 1,283 votes, 35.33%
- Anna Bergendahl – “Kingdom Come” 707 votes, 19.47%
- The Mamas – “Move” 440 votes, 12.12%
- Felix Sandman – “Boys with Emotions” 247 votes, 6.80%
- Hanna Ferm – “Brave” 184 votes, 5.07%
- Robin Bengtsson – “Take A Chance” 182 votes, 5.01%
- Victor Crone – “Troubled Waters” 146 votes, 4.02%
- Mariette – “Shout It Out” 110 votes, 3.03%
- Paul Rey – “Talking In My Sleep” 105 votes, 2.89%
- Anis Don Demina – “Vem e som oss” 91 votes, 2.51%
- Mohombi – “Winners” 83 votes, 2.29%
- Méndez feat. Alvaro Estrello – “Vamos Amgios” 53 votes, 1.46%
What do you think? Can Dotter win it all? Or will Anna or surprise? Or maybe The Mamas? Let us know in the comments below!