Tomorrow night Sweden’s search for a Eurovision act comes to an end.

Twelve acts will take to the stage at Friends Arena for the final of Melodifestivalen 2020.

And if you have your way, Dotter will be the one lifting the trophy. Her anthem “Bulletproof” topped our poll by a convincing margin. In total, Dotter picked up 35.33% of all votes cast. She was the only act to collect more than 1000 votes. wiwibloggs reader Dawid writes, “Dotter deserves to win for that staging alone.” For many Dotter’s laser lightshow will be the standout moment on Saturday night.

“Ashes To Ashes” hitmaker Anna Bergendahl follows in second. Although Anna falls some way behind Dotter, her country track “Kingdom Come” did receive a respectable 19.47% of all votes cast. Bergendahl is the only other act that received more than 500 votes in this year’s poll. That said, she has lagged behind on streaming numbers, so Anna may have to face an uphill battle for the win. Streams aren’t everything though, so Anna fans shouldn’t lose hope.

The Mamas round out the top three. “Move” picked up 12.12% of all votes cast. wiwibloggs reader Patrick Mackin says of the ladies, “If [Sweden] want out of the semi final of death they need to go with the mamas its jury friendly and they outshone john last year.” The ladies have the distinction of being the only other act to make it into double digits. Everyone else won less than 10% of all votes cast.

At the other end of the spectrum there’s an all male bottom three. Anis don DeminaMohombi and Méndez feat. Alvar Estrella are all out of luck with our readers. As a collective the boys only managed to scrape together 6.26% of all votes cast.  This said we should note Anis don Demina is the highest charting act this year on the Spotify Top 50 chart, so may perform better than expected with the Swedish audience.

Poll results: Dotter should win Melodifestivalen 2020

1. Dotter – “Bulletproof” 1,283 votes, 35.33%
  2. Anna Bergendahl – “Kingdom Come” 707 votes, 19.47%
  3. The Mamas – “Move” 440 votes, 12.12%
  4. Felix Sandman – “Boys with Emotions” 247 votes, 6.80%
  5. Hanna Ferm – “Brave” 184 votes, 5.07%
  6. Robin Bengtsson – “Take A Chance” 182 votes, 5.01%
  7. Victor Crone – “Troubled Waters” 146 votes, 4.02%
  8. Mariette – “Shout It Out” 110 votes, 3.03%
  9. Paul Rey – “Talking In My Sleep” 105 votes, 2.89%
  10. Anis Don Demina – “Vem e som oss” 91 votes, 2.51%
  11. Mohombi – “Winners” 83 votes, 2.29%
  12. Méndez feat. Alvaro Estrello – “Vamos Amgios” 53 votes, 1.46%

What do you think? Can Dotter win it all? Or will Anna or surprise? Or maybe The Mamas? Let us know in the comments below!

You can get more Sweden Eurovision news here

Total
Shares
trackback

[…] (Källa: wiwibloggs.com) […]

Mo96
Mo96

The Mamas are my favorite actually ^^ i might be the only one though lol. I jist love their energy and stage presence and their song is strong

Mo96
Mo96

I want the Mamas to win!! They are like so loveable, vocal on point and their stage presence is INCREDIBLE

L’oiseau
L’oiseau

Dotter’s song is by far the best song. It goes much beyond your standard pop song. It.’s very artsy pop and left field, which I like. Her voice is also great and she is a great performer. But I must say that the staging is maybe a bit too distracting. The song didn’t need all those effects which and the end are a bit irritating. Shout out to Anna which brings backs the good old Swedish dansband tradition back and her voice has now a very mature and interesting feel. But what I really would want to see is Anis…… Read more »

Polliu
Polliu

Hope it’s Anna or The Mamas.

Xoxorunn
Xoxorunn

Odds were high for Jaagup and look how that ended, just saying odds don’t always predict the winner ?????

Ron
Ron

Me after watching the performance:
“I’m not bulletproof, bulletproof *aggressive hairflip to the left then to the right*….let’s go Dotter!!

Kosey
Kosey

Poor Mendez! It looks like it’s just me and you at the party.

diana
diana

I do believe she’ll win too. She came second in the audience poll tonight after Anis…

Bee
Bee

Prediction time! It is too close to call, really, but I decided to try! Please don’t hate me for thinking Dotter won’t do as well as you all want (she’s one of my favourites, but I’m keeping my expectations low, Dotter is an online phenomenon but I’m not sure it translates into actual votes in all age groups) Televote top points will go to Hanna Ferm or Anna Bergendahl. International jury top points will go to Paul Rey or Mariette. Ultimate winner: Hanna Ferm or Anna Bergendahl (too close to call!) 3rd place: Dotter, the Mamas or Robin Bengtsson (I’m… Read more »

1TruSeer
1TruSeer

She has quite muscular legs for a woman

Chinese bat soup
Chinese bat soup
Reply to  1TruSeer

she might like track and field

Robert
Robert
Reply to  1TruSeer

Every remark that ends with ‘for a woman’ is quite masochistic and anti feminist.. Just saying

Melfest is one of the best produced and most entertaining NFs of all, but I feel like they don’t always choose the right winner. John Lundvik was a huge step up in the right direction, even if I preferred songs by Wiktoria, Anna Bergendahl and Lisa Ajax. This year, I would be really happy with #Dotterdam! She’s kinda my favorite as well. I wouldn’t mind Anna, Victor, Mamas or Paul winning either. For once, I might be really satisfied with the winner. 🙂

It will be interesting to see the new Eurovision-style voting presentation. Maybe Dotter will end up like John Lundvik in Tel Aviv last year, top the juries, but then be disappointed by the televote at the very end. It’ll be exciting!

Reply to  Jonas

Wow! Is it for real? Exciting for sure!! So each jury will give out their points and then the televote points will be given starting with the song that received least points and progressively to the one that got the top points from the juries?

Milla
Milla

Ooh yes!

Kirby
Kirby

I like Bulletproof. The full package has something I couldn’t describe. Maybe it’s the same sort of magnetism of LoveWave and Iveta Mukuchyan.

Daniel
Daniel

If Dotter doesn’t win, we shoul al riot at the nearest Ikea. Dotterdam2020

Denis
Denis

I do think Dotter should win and I do hope and think she will win. Everyone is talking about her, on Facebook, YouTube and so on. And yes most comments are English but most of them are also Swedes writing in English. And her support comes from all ages. Mamas & Anna seem to be liked too but only in certain groups. Anna doesn’t seem to be like by young people but older loves her. Mamas are liked by younger but not by older. Dotter could be the one act to get consistent high remarks from all groups, but what… Read more »

Joey
Joey

I’m personally rooting for Anna Bergendahl. Since Kingdom Come was released, it’s been my favourite of all the songs in Melodifestivalen this year. It’s a catchy song with a great performance and a strong vocal. My only concern is that if the juries destroyed Ashes to Ashes last year, who’s to say they won’t do the same with ‘Kingdom Come’. Dotter is the only other person I can see contending for the win. I think the staging kinda elevates the song and Dotter sells the song well. At first, I really didn’t get why everyone was obsessing over it, at… Read more »

Meliris
Meliris

so Melovin should win Melfest? He’s been using that lightshow since summer. 😉

Grafton
Grafton
Reply to  Meliris

You think youre clever dont you

Serafina
Serafina
Reply to  Grafton

Well think again

VanillaGirl
VanillaGirl
Reply to  Meliris

Hahaha! True fact, someone finally said it!

KuhKatz
KuhKatz

Still the same feeling for me, Sweden is not my winner.

Melodifestivalen still has a good quality and lots of songs, that could make the final if chosen (including f.e. Ballerina that failed to go through Andra Chansen) but nothing really gives me winner vibes.
If its about Dotter and Anna, I’d choose Anna as her song appeals me more. But I wouldn’t sign that one of these two is the winner, it’s all about the Juries.

The poll’s top 5 is actually my top 5, in the exact order. If it’s Dotter or Anna like it seems it will be, I’ll be glad with it.

Sam
Sam

Looking forward to the duel Dotterdam vs. Anna’s comeback / revenge
Whoever of the two wins, I will also be looking forward to the duel Dotter/Anna vs Ulrikke in May

I wouldn’t mind Dotter winning so don’t get me wrong but please tell me which of these polls this season got the winner (artist or song) right? Not Israel or Italy or Romania, going from memory.
Anyway, I wish everyone a very happy Mello 2020!

If I’m not mistaken, Dadi, Hurricane and Samanta Tina were the only acts that won the poll here and got the tickets to Eurovision. Let’s see how Bárbara, Dotter, Erika and Ben & Tan (though Jasmin & Roxorloop got really really close) will do this Saturday.

Reply to  Sabrina

🙂 I wish Filipe won FdC. I like Barbara as a second place because she’s cute and the lyrics are nice but I would *LOVE* the gerbera amarella to win. Noone has explained so far what it means. I think I will have to watch FdC and not understand much 🙁 Does wiwibloggs have an interview with Filipe? I saw the one with Barbara and Tiago but not with Filipe. I am gutted. And curious.

Bernardo interviewed Elisa too. Maybe he will have the chance to talk to more artists tomorrow.

Reply to  Sabrina

Obrigada, Sabrina! There will be an interview tomorrow or on Sunday, hopefully.

Philip
Philip

I have zero complaints on Dotter winning

Denis
Denis

I have a feeling people only rate Mamas that high because of last year. I doubt they would do that well, the song is just cold. Unlike last year which was full of joy

Niklas
Niklas
Reply to  Denis

The mamas cold compared to Dotter?

M_K
M_K

It’s an okay song overall. Sounds a lot like something Ellie Goulding could have put on her “Delirium” album.

David
David

I like Dotter very much. I hope she wins. But my gut feeling tells me Anna will win

Angelika
Angelika

I love her…She’s my favorite crusch of this ESC 2020!
Good luck girl!

Giannis Mantes
Giannis Mantes

Kingdom come is the winner in our hearts!
Go Anna!

Mark
Mark

She is our star!

Adriana
Adriana
Reply to  Mark

Are you sure?

ESCR
ESCR

She said in interviews that they want to go for an even bigger and better stage show in the final so I’m really looking forward to see that. #Dotterdam2020

Ugnius
Ugnius
Reply to  ESCR

According to rumours, there will be not 1 but actually 4 “disco balls” at final !

Milla
Milla
Reply to  Ugnius

At the jury show tonight she got rid of them.

ESC Nils
ESC Nils

Anna is the Winner and you’ll see it tomorrow evening!

Tom