Tonight should have been the second semi-final of Eurovision 2020. But, rather than gathering together in Rotterdam, Eurovision fans are spreading the love virtually at home following the contest’s cancellation. To replace the semi-final two show, the EBU premiered the second part of Eurovision Song Celebration 2020 on its YouTube channel for fans to watch instead.
As part of this, the music videos of all 18 entries that were set to compete in the second semi-final were shown. But, to add an extra level of excitement, the songs were played in the running order that producers had originally decided upon for the actual contest.
Many fans enjoy scrutinising the running order to predict which entries might have been given the best opportunity to shine, and which entries could have been buried between favourites. And now, we have the opportunity to do just that for semi-final two of Eurovision 2020.
Eurovision 2020 semi-final two running order
- 🇬🇷 Greece: Stefania – “SUPERG!RL”
- 🇪🇪 Estonia: Uku Suviste – “What Love Is”
- 🇦🇹 Austria: Vincent Bueno – “Alive”
- 🇲🇩 Moldova: Natalia Gordienko – “Prison”
- 🇸🇲 San Marino: Senhit – “Freaky!”
- 🇨🇿 Czech Republic: Benny Cristo – “Kemama”
- 🇷🇸 Serbia: Hurricane – “Hasta La Vista”
- 🇵🇱 Poland: Alicja – “Empires”
- 🇮🇸 Iceland: Daði og Gagnamagnið – “Think About Things”
- 🇨🇭 Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears – “Répondez-moi”
- 🇩🇰 Denmark: Ben & Tan – “Yes”
- 🇦🇱 Albania: Arilena Ara – “Fall From The Sky”
- 🇫🇮 Finland: Aksel – “Looking Back”
- 🇦🇲 Armenia: Athena Manoukian – “Chains On You”
- 🇵🇹 Portugal: Elisa – “Medo De Sentir”
- 🇬🇪 Georgia: Tornike Kipiani – “Take Me As I Am”
- 🇧🇬 Bulgaria: VICTORIA – “Tears Getting Sober”
- 🇱🇻 Latvia: Samanta Tīna – “Still Breathing”
Eurovision Song Celebration 2020: Part two
In addition to the running order reveal, we also got some other fun surprises as part of the second episode of Eurovision Song Celebration 2020.
The participants were tasked with singing their song in their native language (if they weren’t already). Samanta Tīna gave us a rendition of “Still Breathing” in Latvian, while Alicja sung “Empires” in Polish. Vincent Bueno also performed part of “Alive” in Austrian-German.
Following a recap of some of the Eurovision Home Concerts performances from over the past few weeks, we were then invited back into the homes of this year’s contestants for a virtual home tour. Gjon’s Tears shared his vinyl collection with us, while Stefania showed us inside her wardrobe.
James Newman revealed he likes to cook his eggs ‘low and slow’ and Senhit introduced us to her dog Buddy. Finally, Tom Leeb showed us around all the different places in his house where he likes to write music.
The music videos for France’s, Spain’s and the United Kingdom’s Eurovision 2020 entries were also shown. These countries had been selected as the three automatic qualifiers that would have been able to vote in the second semi-final.
A number of YouTube creators from various countries were also given the opportunity to give their opinions on some of this year’s songs.
Finally, the recap of the semi-final two entries at the end of the show was made up of clips submitted by fans from across Europe and the entire globe. We got to see people performing their own versions of the songs and enjoying the music that the Eurovision 2020 artists have gifted us.
What do you make of the semi-final two running order? Who do you think would have benefited and suffered the most from their placing? Let us know in the comments below!