It’s a date! Spain’s long-awaited secret is now out. Spain’s broadcaster RTVE has finally revealed the date of its national selection, Destino Eurovisión. Everyone keen to see both Blas Cantó‘s performances should mark February 20th in their calendars. And yes, Spain is all set to join this season’s busiest Saturday night.

Spain’s Destino Eurovisión 2021 will take place the same night as semi-finals from Estonia’s Eesti Laul, Portugal’s Festival da Canção, Sweden’s Melodifestivalen and grand finals of Finland’s UMK and Norway’s Melodi Grand Prix.

However, Spain’s late-night traditions remain. Destino Eurovision 2021 is set to start at 22:00 CET – allowing no conflict with Estonia and Sweden.

Destino Eurovisión 2021

Spain’s national selection will air on RTVE’s main channel from 22:00 CET and it’s going to be all about Blas Cantó, Eurovision and music. Up to seven famous faces will appear and interact on the show, including Spanish Eurovision starssuch as Pastora Soler (ESC 2012) and Edurne (ESC 2015).

As Blas Cantó tells RTVE: “the excitement will fill the atmosphere. Throughout the gala you will get to know me more. They promised me there will be a lot of surprises, even to me. We will live moments related to Eurovision and to my past.”

The show will be hosted by Tony Aguilar and Julia Varela, also known as Spain’s Eurovision commentators. The popular TV and radio hosts will join forces to present Spain’s national final gala. Both hosts were enthusiastic about Destino Eurovisión using televote alone to decide Blas’ song for Eurovision.

As Julia tells RTVE, “It will be a big fiesta where Blas will feel the support of all fans and friends. The audience will connect, more than ever, with our representative since they will be the sole voters of this selection.”

Tony added: “The best that could have happen, that the audience only will decide.”

As well, Blas has already listened to some of his Eurovision competitors — and he has some favourites. As Blas tells RTVE, Lithuania’s The Roop and France’s Barbara Pravi are the entries he liked the most. But if he has to choose, he has no doubt. “I am in love with Barbara’s sensitivity. I am craving to sing in French. A collaboration with her would be amazing.”

Poll: Which song should win Destino Eurovisión 2021?

Blas Cantó’s offerings for this year’s Eurovision are the uptempo track “Memoria”, and the ballad “Voy a Quedarme”. But only one of them will be Spain’s song for Eurovision 2021.  And we want to know which is your favourite to win!

Listen to the two competing entries below and don’t forget to vote next.

Which song is your favourite in Destino Eurovisión 2021? Are you ready for next February 20th? Let us know in the comments below!

Follow all of our Spain Eurovision 2021 news

Pastora Soler
Pastora Soler

Who cares??

Both are horrible and straight bottom5

Moonstar
Moonstar
Reply to  Pastora Soler

I personally wouldn’t say they are horrible, just, maybe, bottom 3 material for Eurovision as both have the same vibes as past bottom placed Spanish songs. It’s a shame because, as said by many before, he and his team had many months to prepare for this and, for me, Blas should have been more humble and considered songs from other composers- Eurovision is a competition after all.

Last edited 1 month ago by Moonstar
James
James
Reply to  Moonstar

Peter Bostrom, Thomas G:son, Laurell Barker, Dimitris Kontopoulos?

Moonstar
Moonstar
Reply to  James

Personally I’m not a fan of some of those composers but if they could come up with more competitive songs, why not? Would you object to that?

GrantK
GrantK
1 month ago

Both are trash an bottom place material.

Kedmir
Kedmir
1 month ago

VOY A QUEDARME pls! although Spain might not be in top 10 and most likely be in bottom 10, sad sad sad. and good luck, we don’t know the result yet…

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
1 month ago

I voted for “memoria” once so far, but I’m not sure if I’m going to vote again. I don’t really have a strong opinion about which song he sends one way or another

Adrian Trujillo
Adrian Trujillo

I’m voting for VOY A QUEDARME every day. I’m at 3 or 4 votes so far

Pastora Soler
Pastora Soler
1 month ago

Para lo que te va a servir hijo… With you until the END…

Esc addict
Esc addict
1 month ago

I wish Blas good luck, may the best song and the song the spaniards prefer win, a song Spain can be proud. Interested to see if some stagings will elevate the songs and maybe we will have a wow moment that will make one of these songs competitive in May. One thing is sure is that Blas can sing and perform very well so let’s see, we will have the answer in one week.

Amadeus
Amadeus
1 month ago

I mean, with those songs.. who cares? What else is on that day?

James
James
Reply to  Amadeus

Those who do.

Pastora Soler
Pastora Soler
Reply to  Amadeus

Only his blind fans.

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
1 month ago

‘Memoria’, please. The other one is, in my opinion, not salvageable. I played it a couple of times, always drifted off and don’t remember a thing of it. I’m vibing with ‘Memoria’ though and I hope he’ll get a Pastora result, but I fear it will be more of an Edurne result. With the ballad, I really fear it could be a Navarro result, unless the UK saves Spain by sending something hideous. But even then, it’s not safe because hideous often places better than forgettable. And I would actually like Blas to do well because Kelly Clarkson likes him… Read more »

Last edited 1 month ago by Mr Vanilla Bean
puma11
puma11
1 month ago

For me it’s opposite because I think that he’ll get tons of votes from jury, it’s classic jury bait song. And I’m actually starting to like ballad and I’m pretty much sure that it will sound way better on stage.

Personally I like Memoria more but I don’t think that it’s good choice for esc.

Adrian Trujillo
Adrian Trujillo
1 month ago

Listened to Memoria and I thought it was repetitious and boring. The other was pleasant to the ears. I also like the instruments and how the songs sounds different from beginning to end.

Last edited 1 month ago by Adrian Trujillo