The EBU has today revealed the running order of the two semi-finals of Eurovision 2021 and we’re one step closer to the big shows in May.

Both the semi-finals open with a band. Lithuania’s The Roop will open the first semi-final with “Discoteque”. Over in semi-final two San Marino’s “Freaky Queen” Senhit will open with her song “Adrenalina”.

At the other end of the show, Malta’s Destiny will close semi-final one with “Je me casse”, while semi-final two will close with Denmark’s synth-pop duo Fyr & Flamme and their song “Øve os på hinanden”.

As well, fans have noted that Cyprus’ “El Diablo” is followed by Norway’s “Fallen Angel” — sticking to a theme!

Each semi-final will have two breaks for ads or non-commercial content, which can also affect the flow of the performances.

Eurovision 2021 – Semi-final one running order

1. Lithuania: The Roop – “Discoteque”
  2. Slovenia: Ana Soklič – “Amen”
  3. Russia: Manizha – “Russian Woman”
  4. Sweden: Tusse – “Voices”
  5. Australia: Montaigne – “Technicolour”
  6. North Macedonia: Vasil – “Here I Stand”
  7. Ireland: Lesley Roy – “Maps”
  8. Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou – “El diablo”
  9. Norway: Tix – “Fallen Angel”
  10. Croatia: Albina – “Tick-Tock”
  11. Belgium: Hooverphonic – “The Wrong Place”
  12. Israel: Eden Alene – “Set Me Free”
  13. Romania: Roxen – “Amnesia”
  14. Azerbaijan: Efendi – “Mata Hari”
  15. Ukraine: Go_A – “SHUM”
  16. Malta: Destiny – “Je me casse”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by wiwibloggs (@wiwibloggs)

Eurovision 2021 – Semi-final two running order

1. San Marino: Senhit – “Adrenalina”
  2. Estonia: Uku Suviste – “The Lucky One”
  3. Czech Republic: Benny Cristo – “Omaga”
  4. Greece: Stefania – “Last Dance”
  5. Austria: Vincent Bueno – “Amen”
  6. Poland: Rafał – “The Ride”
  7. Moldova: Natalia Gordienko – “Sugar”
  8. Iceland: Daði og Gagnamagnið – “10 Years”
  9. Serbia: Hurricane – “Loco Loco”
  10. Georgia: Tornike Kipiani – “You”
  11. Albania: Anxhela Peristeri – “Karma”
  12. Portugal: The Black Mamba – “Love Is on My Side”
  13. Bulgaria: Victoria – “Growing Up Is Getting Old”
  14. Finland: Blind Channel – “Dark Side”
  15. Latvia: Samanta Tīna – “The Moon Is Rising”
  16. Switzerland: Gjon’s Tears – “Tout l’univers”
  17. Denmark: Fyr & Flamme – “Øve os på hinanden”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by wiwibloggs (@wiwibloggs)

How the running order is decided

The running order was decided by the Eurovision 2021 host broadcasters NPO/NOS/AVROTROS, and approved by Eurovision Executive Supervisor Martin Österdahl. Eurovision 2021 Head of Show Twan van de Nieuwenhuijzen told wiwibloggs that a lot goes into deciding the running order:

“The meeting to decide the running order included eight people, including the Head of Show, multi-cam directors, someone from the technical production team and other executives. His team also used input from each country about the difficulties they may face on stage and the ideas they hope to convey. It’s not just about the flow of the music. It’s also about matters like moving props quickly and efficiently from one act to the next during the 35-second postcards.”

Eurovision 2021 has stuck with the same semi-final allocations that were originally drawn for Eurovision 2020. The semi-final allocation draw gives broadcasters a head start on their travel plans and budgets for Rotterdam. An act performing in the first half of the first semi-final will need to be in Rotterdam for rehearsals three days before an act performing in the second half of the second semi, meaning three extra days in accommodation, food and other expenses.

The grand final running order will be decided after the second semi-final when all the finalists have been determined. However, as the host country, the Netherlands has randomly drawn their place in the grand final. Jeangu Macrooy will perform 23rd.

What do you think of the semi-final running orders? Do any songs have a better chance at qualifying? Tell us your thoughts below!

Read more Eurovision 2021 news here

Euro Fan
Euro Fan
6 days ago

I think Lithuania and San Marino are the openers in semi finals, and I hope they will qualify like Armenia and Malta qualified in 2014 as they opened semi finals. Denmark will be a surprise qualifier, though

Andreas
Andreas
Tjalle
16 days ago

Twan is Head of Contest. Not Head of Show. That is Gerben Bakker.

Forrest
Forrest
16 days ago

please tell me if iceland will qualify with 8th in the running order and if yes how you think they will do in the final. i just wanna know what u think.

Last edited 16 days ago by Forrest
WannaEatMySpaghetti
WannaEatMySpaghetti
Reply to  Forrest

No need to stress. Iceland will qualify wherever they are in the running order. Even if fans don’t like the song as much as the one from last year, I think it can do a top 5 in final.

Forrest
Forrest
16 days ago

u think san marino gonna qulify as well

Reply to  Forrest

Iceland is a 100% Qualifer . Inneha final 5-10

Forrest
Forrest
16 days ago

Will Iceland definitely be a qualifier and will it win the grand final?

16 days ago

After the reveal of the running order I have the following assumptions: They did a great job having Lithuania and San Marino opening their semifinals, even though I feel that Moldova should open the 2nd semifinal so that they leave Adrenalina for later, so that the number of viewers rises. We can easily understand why Slovenia and Estonia are performing 2nd (I thought that N. Macedonia would perform 2nd though) Having Cyprus and then Norway is hillarious, if they also had the running order like Slovenia-Norway-Cyprus they should get nominated for Oscar award for comedy. Ireland will really struggle so… Read more »

LaVoixCZ
15 days ago
Reply to  notyourtoy

really not afraid of Ukraine/Azerbaijan non-qualification. Montaigne and Roxen should be worried the most. Tix also might be a shock non-qualifier but I believe he can make it. Like lol, worse entries did qualify in the past, like Jacques Houdek with My Friend.

Stephanie
Stephanie
16 days ago

Who will qualify will depend on the mood of the audience at the evening itself. It can go either way!

Coraline
Coraline
Reply to  Stephanie

VERY TRUE !!!

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
Reply to  Stephanie

And the quality of the live performances. Highly anticipated entries could choke while underrated contenders could rise to the top. Anything could happen. Maybe somebody unexpected could win the semifinal. Maybe a contender is out. I feel like this is an open year that anyone can win, Despite Malta and Switzerland being the front runners. We’ll see in May

LaVoixCZ
16 days ago

I mean, if we can’t have a 100 % running order draw, I want a compromise, it should be divided at least into quarters. Especially with the grand final, the producers just can’t decide 13+13 songs… Quarters please. 1–6, 7–13, 14–20, 21–26. The semis 1–4, 5–8, 9–12, 13–16//13–17, or at least thirds but not halves… It is enough space for producers to solve it still.

Doris
Doris
Reply to  LaVoixCZ

It’s a constest then it should equal EQUITY. If no then votes should be opened for the country once it has performed so the songs going to the end won’t be privileged.
I remember there was a year , don’t remember the exact year where the phone lines were opened just at the begining and I think it was still before the producers were rigging the contest according to the betting odds.

Vytautas
Vytautas
Reply to  LaVoixCZ

I agree that halves make zero sense as you can literally get 2nd half in SF and be placed as low as 9th and as high as 17th meaning that there is plenty of area for favoritism to push those countries you like at the end of the show. And thus, it does not encourage the motto “Everyone has the same chance”. Look, if you think running order has no meaning, let’s swap Malta with Slovenia talk then about Maltese chances of winning the semi-final. So yeah…

wonder
wonder
16 days ago

I really don’t know who’s gonna win! there’s no even one song that stand out this year!
I don’t even care who’s gonna win. It’s a very weak year. (for my taste)

Last edited 16 days ago by wonder
Tina
Tina
Reply to  wonder

If you don’t care who’s gonna win, then can I chose a winner please? 😀

Tom
Tom
Reply to  wonder

Agree

Evridiki
Evridiki
16 days ago

I saw 399 comments and I wanted to leave the 400th, that’s all. Have a nice day, everyone 🙂

West
West
16 days ago

Not what I expected, but then again I didn’t have that many guesses on what the running order would look like. I’m kinda worried about Benny getting third in the semi, but I think Czech Republic already qualified from the same spot.
b.t.w. I have a sneeking suspicion they put Denmark last because they were worried people might leave and miss anything that would play after them – but would stay knowing it’s the last song before voting.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
17 days ago

They are very obviously pushing for Malta and Switzerland to win the semis. They aren’t even trying to hide the fact. I’ve got a feeling Australia may be getting its first ever NQ. Russia is probably in danger as well. Ireland and Belgium will need to hope for good staging but they’ve been very hit or miss lately so I’d say they are the borderline two of SF1. I also got a feeling that they’re trying to kill Iceland’s chances a bit with that placement. They’ll probably qualify still but that’s what I think. I feel the same a bit… Read more »

17 days ago

Opening the semifinal is a great spot, remember Sweden 2017 for example. The problem would have been if they had opened the final (see Malta 2019). I mean it wouldn’t ruin their chances for a very good result but it would have harmed their chances for a Top 5 potentially.

The weirdest order is Cyprus-Norway-Croatia. Couldn\’t they find a ballad in between?

I think Ireland is in danger before Cyprus.

Marc
Marc
Reply to  Alex

I don’t really get the concern about Ireland before Cyprus. Why is Cyprus not in danger being after Ireland? I think we underestimate the voters. They are not goldfish. If they hear a song they like and see a memorable performance, they will not suddenly dislike that song because of another. Staging will obviously be important but audience v voting is so unreliable. Not everyone who likes a song will actually vote so I think it is much more complex than order of performance.

Tina
Tina
Reply to  Marc

I completely agree with you! If one song is liked by 1000 people (and 100 people vote), and the other song is liked by only 200 people (but 101 of those vote), then it’s obvious who’s winning, despite not being the most popular song

17 days ago

Guys do you think Greece could be in danger from #4? Its my favourite but many people say its forgettable so appearing so early may hurt her chances?

17 days ago

Luca Hanni got a great result from 4th spot in 2019. I think it mostly matters to entries which are to be 8th-12th in their semis. By early predictions, Greece is among top 5 most likely to make it, so the spot itself shouldn’t be an issue. The key is the staging and her live vocals. If both are at least solid, I think she should easily go through.

Last edited 17 days ago by Colin
Reply to  Colin

I can see what you are saying. The thing is that some may find it forgettable as a song with so many entries with dinstictive elements following. Weird they put 2 ethnic entries so close ( Moldova and Serbia ), Id put Greece at 7 and Moldova at 4.

Poet
Poet
17 days ago

Ha ha! Moldova is certainly not ethnic.

Reply to  Poet

Whats the instrument on the dance breaks?

PP77
PP77
17 days ago

No, because Fokas working on her staging and Greece was always in final with him. Without him, maybe Greece will be in some problem.

16 days ago

She will probably don’t have any problem reaching the final if her performance is not going to be awful. If you see, they placed her 4th, after Estonia and Czech Republic and before Austria and Poland, entries who have the least likes songs in her half. This doesn’t mean that for example Czech Republic doesn’t stand a chance to qualify, but with a decent staging (like Luca Hanni, as someone also said in the comments) she can totally stand out and this will have a great impact in televoting results (I don’t even doubt to see her in the top… Read more »

My thoughts:

• I think San Marino hasnt killed their staging, thats why the open. Bjorkman likes to open with decent entries that however dont pose as threats, like Malta and Cyprus last year.
  • Denmark wouldnt qualify even if it was the only song competing in the semi, performing last wont chance anything.
  • Malta is so winning the first semi
  • Cyprus followed by Norway will be fun to watch xD
  • Lithuania was never going to win this year, no surprise there for me.
Last edited 17 days ago by Thisisntourlastdance
together
together
17 days ago

Lmao, indeed, having el diablo after an angel fighting his demons! XD

Sophia
Sophia
17 days ago

I actually figured San Marino would open all along. The song is quite similar to Chameleon from Malta 2019, both music-wise and with all the colors, at least in the video, and Chameleon opened in the final.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
17 days ago

If Flo Rida is coming with Senhit, than I can see why they would start with San Marino to build hype with a special guest

Tina
Tina
16 days ago

He won’t be a special guest, but a regular competitor as anyone else 🙂

Roo
Roo
16 days ago

I just re-read the article. It makes no mention of Bjorkman. I thought that this was going to be the first Eurovision in some time to not have Bjorkman or Swedish involvement.

Reply to  Roo

Yeah I thought he was involved but he isnt, sorry for that!

ESC 21
Reply to  Roo

If other contry beed profecinal help, they cal him.

ESC 21
16 days ago

What have Björman do whit this ?

vel
vel
17 days ago

a strong song would stand out anywhere, a weak song would suffer anywhere. the ones that are in-between would be the ones most helped or hurt by the running order, but, then again, it’s only one of the many other elements at play here. i think it can definitely be used to approximate the producers’ thought process – especially going into the grand final – but i wouldn’t put too much weight on it overall. i think the fact that the countries were split into HALVES of semi-finals was already kind of questionable to me, and i think they’ve done… Read more »

PP77
PP77

My prediction

I Semi final

1.Malta
2.Sweden
3.Lithuania
4.Cyprus
5.Russia
6.Belgium
7.Ukraine
8.Norway (thanks to televote)
9.Australia (thanks to juries)
10. Croatia or Romania
12.Slovenia

II Semi final

1.Switzerland
2.Bulgaria
3.San Marino
4.Iceland
5.Greece
6.Finland
7.Austria (thanks to juries)
8.Moldova
9.Denmark
10. Serbia or Latvia
12.Estonia

17 days ago

The running order rarely decides a country’s fate, but always shows how much the producers trust some entries. Here some thoughts: Lithuania and San Marino will be great openers and I also feel the producers trust they’re lock qualifiers. It’s also good for them that if they draw 1st half in the final, they’ll probably get positions in the middle of the show, since they already opened the semis. Slovenia probably paid the price for the low number of male vocalists on the 1st semi. They couldn’t use Vaidotas and Vasil (which would be the most usual choice for the… Read more »

Last edited 17 days ago by Sabrina
Reply to  Sabrina

About Greece, this is the best running order she could have. A young girl between a Czech hip hop (?) and an Austrian ballad. This totally aids her to stand out, especially by the fact that after her we’ll have to wait to reach Serbia to hear a bop with powerful vocal (by the time Poland, Moldova and Iceland have a lower tempo). So Stefania is going to get lots of televote points overall. And if she’s lucky to be drawn in the 2nd half of the final we might see her being gifted a closing position

Reply to  notyourtoy

You have some good points and I still think Greece will qualify (and the same applies to Sweden, that also got the 4th spot in the other side). But I personally don’t like when they put songs with potential to do well but aren’t lock qualifiers from 2nd to 4th, because I’m always afraid that the televoters may forget them. Though they had a problem here, since we could place Czech Republic, Greece, Moldova and Serbia all in this same category. I assume they thought Moldova and Serbia are “loud and crazy” enough to not be obfuscated by Iceland’s lovely… Read more »

Last edited 16 days ago by Sabrina
Ende
Ende
Reply to  Sabrina

I agree and maybe they kept some of the aspects that you thought would have been better choices for the Final (to end up with Finland for instance).

Reply to  Ende

That’s true. They’ll have many options to open and close the final, uptempo entries of all sorts.

Tom
Tom
17 days ago

Romania and Ireland are in danger plus some of fast songs will not go through. First semi will be a bloodbath.

Darren
Darren
Reply to  Tom

Both Ireland and Romania have a good chance really

Nick
Nick
17 days ago

folks when first rehearsals are starting?

Berta
Berta
17 days ago

so rumors are saying that staging for Ukraine will be made by the same director as for Jamala and Melovin

Sven
Sven
Reply to  Berta

so I guess we are getting something epic!

Reply to  Berta

As long as it’s not that Swedish chick, I’m ok.

Berta
Berta
Reply to  Im so fab

no, its Ukrainian director Tomilchenko, he created Jamala’ tree and Melovin’ piano coffin

Reply to  Berta

It’s good that Ukraine is staying Ukrainian.

17 days ago

OK so songs by host country writers got prime spots in both semis. And the Swedish, of course. Just an observation.

17 days ago

So when was nr 4 a Prime spot? The team is 100% dutch who did the draw. Are we bribing Holland now ? Dont talk

17 days ago

Was there a HoD meeting? Anything else that we should know about? This year’s been strange and I am not talking the 10 articles on the same country within 15 days. Approximately.

17 days ago

Does this country starts with M and ends with alta? Because we are thinking the same one.

Jamie
Jamie
16 days ago

Why are they pushing Malta so hard lmao. Not even a winning song. So random.

Reply to  Jamie

Because money $

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Im so fab

I just looked it up and there have been 6 articles about destiny in total? Very logical ones also like how je me casse got released, 2 articles talking about all countries positions in the odds, 1 article about 5 countries recording a backup performance in Sofia, 1 about controversies and one about co operation with sacha jean baptiste and literally everybody who starts working with her gets an article.
Y’all acting like everything is a conspiracy lmao.

Dan
Dan
17 days ago

I think Israel will qualify and Eden deserves it.
After Israel Sweden is the best song for me any way and for sure it will qualify.

SexyMama456
SexyMama456
17 days ago

Azerbaijan is going to miss the finals… too many quality songs in SF1… .might still make it tho considering it’s AzerBUYjan

Last edited 17 days ago by SexyMama456
Anrijs
Anrijs
17 days ago

For me, running order is not a big deal. If you like some of the songs, you will remember it , and doesn’t matter what’s songs running order. For thoose who is not watching the full show maybe it is very important things..
Not always last will qualifiers. Some examples for my country : Latvia 2016 in first spot qualified. But Latvia 2017 as a last spot did not make it.
Good song will make it with any running order.

Dan
Dan
Reply to  Anrijs

Agree with you

Ende
Ende
Reply to  Anrijs

In SF maybe but in the final this can influence a bit. I am a big ESC fan and each year for the finale I lose some interest or focus between the 14th-20th due to the high amount of countries and excitation for the last contestants who are most of the time the favourites.

Poet
Poet
Reply to  Anrijs

Great observation!

vel
vel
17 days ago

this is definitely an unpopular opinion, but i very much predicted denmark to close sf2. i think people are underestimating the fact that it’s a very listenable song; personally, i listen to it quite a lot more than to a few of the entries with supposed winning potential. there will definitely be a lot of color on stage. finland could have closed, but its vibe is not too positive/optimistic, so to speak. yes, it would have made a big splash that way, but i think its position going after all those slower/quieter songs is the best placement it could have… Read more »

Anhel
Anhel
17 days ago

Aren’t Albania, Portugal and Bulgaria going to get boring grouped together like that?

Reply to  Anhel

Typical millenium Young ones to hate slow songs . They only love bops

Anhel
Anhel
Reply to  Rasmus

…what? My 2nd and 3rd place are ballads and I also like all 3 songs I mentioned. This article is about the running order and that’s what I’m commenting on. Usually there’s variety in the song order.

Reply to  Anhel

Oh sorry

Poet
Poet
Reply to  Anhel

I had a similar criticism for the running order. They actually will have a very similar tempo.

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  Anhel

I don’t know why you think Albania is as slow as Portugal and Bulgaria when it isn’t.

blahh
blahh
15 days ago
Reply to  Anhel

not reaaaally i think those are ballads but they are pretty different. Especially Bulgaria if it’s staged right it really REALLY could stand out. I however think Finland REALLY benefits from this running order since it ends the row of ballads with a rock n roll, but i don’t really know for sure how this is gonna turn out.

Kate
Kate
17 days ago

why absolutely no one talking about Moldova chances? looks like people totally forgot about Sugar

you think it will NQ?

Reply to  Kate

I guess it will be a qualifier easily…

Reply to  Kate

Well, lucky they are not going to perform early. So if Natalia has a decent performance she is in the final for sure

Reply to  Kate

I would assess Moldova as very dependent on the staging. If they nail that, they are likely in.

Dida
Dida

They wasted the last spot on semi 2 with Denmark, who won’t qualify anyway

Tom
Tom
Reply to  Dida

Oh yes they will. These guys are amazing.

Michael Green
Michael Green
Reply to  Dida

It will be like Triana Park – they will fail to qualify

Bonny
Bonny
17 days ago

What a way to ending first semi, wow!

im gonna dance non stop during
Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Malta performances 😀

17 days ago

Have someone noticed that Cyprus sang running against demons in their 2020 song . And 2021 its El diablo. Cyprus is very into that stuff

Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  Rasmus

They should invite Lil Nas X to perform Montero as a guest just to mess with Cyprian radicals lol.

17 days ago

If Greece reaches the finals and Stefania is really lucky to be in the 2nd path, she is most likely to close the final, because she has the biggest BPM.

Remember, in 2019 and 2018, Spain and Italy closed the finals as they had the biggest BPM and in 2017 Belgium which had the biggest BPM among the countries in the final performed 23rd. So I expect her to perform between 21st and 26th. And it is a coincidence that all of the above did pretty well in the final

Ende
Ende
Reply to  notyourtoy

The highest BPM? Business Process Management ? British Petrol Monopoly? Borderline Panic Madness ? Bi-Partisan Monarchy ?

Dennis
Dennis
Reply to  Ende

Beats per minute

Roman
Reply to  Ende

LOL :,-)

Last edited 17 days ago by Roman
Doris
Doris
17 days ago

We want 100% random draw back !

Ende
Ende
Reply to  Doris

And we want it now !

Damien
Damien
Reply to  Doris

Yessss. 100 agree.
It makes it more “equitable” and people would read less into which song is where, re chances of performing well on the night.

Art
Art
Reply to  Doris

Absolutely!

Branko86
Branko86
Reply to  Doris

Agree! It is more fair!

17 days ago

Well, EBU saw Lithuania as last year’s winner so this year The Roop will open the show 🙂

Reply to  kohen

My Semi 1 Qualifiers prediction in random order
1. Lithuania 2. Belgium 3.Russia 4.Sweden 5.Israel 6.Cyprus 7.Ireland 8.Romania 9.Ukraine 10.Malta

Semi 2
1. San Marino 2.Greece 3.Moldova 4.Iceland 5.Estonia 6. Bulgaria 7.Finland 8.Switzerland 9.Latvia 10.Serbia

Reply to  kohen

I miss Austria 🙂

Reply to  Rasmus

I miss old Austrian entries too but not this one…

Reply to  kohen

Austria is actually my number 1. Its a super sweet song . A real grower. Just my opinion 🙂

Last edited 17 days ago by Rasmus
Reply to  Rasmus

🙂 not my cup of tea, but of course I respect your taste

Erik
Erik
Reply to  Rasmus

Austria will easily qualify.

Reply to  kohen

but I still don’t know how can I put Azerbaijan, Australia Norway, and Croatia.. They are all borderline qualifier candidates

17 days ago

Also, after the draw , I’m 100% sure that Norway is a sure NQ. TIX has no chance to stand out between Cyprus and Croatia, which are most likely qualifying. And also, chances for Azerbaijan and Ukraine are going to be limited now, unless they bring a monumental performance

Reply to  notyourtoy

TIX was gonna stand out with any draw in that SF full of divas. He’ll be fine

tomtomtom
tomtomtom
Reply to  notyourtoy

Agree

Reply to  notyourtoy

Nope. Norway is still in the top 10 in the betting odds, so your 100% are ridiculous.

17 days ago

In 2018 if you remember (of not check some Wiwibloggs posts) you will see that countries like Bulgaria and Belgium were overhyped in the odds. Belgium, which at many times was even 9th ended out to be knocked out of the semi. This also goes for Belarus, Russia and Greece which were in the top 15 for a long time who also got out in the semis (with all 3 of them having awful results in the end).

Reply to  notyourtoy

Yes, but Belgium 2018 had a terrible performance. Bulgaria 2018 had an overrated song to begin with and then Baptiste turned the lights out on stage, of course they were going nowhere. What I’m saying is that Norway is far from hopeless as of now. And right now, Malta and Switzerland are hyped in the odds and people are making a fuss about it, so nobody can be sure of Norway failing when they are not doing too badly in those very same odds. I can’t stand the odds, but since we can’t escape them… Obviously, the odds will change… Read more »

Last edited 17 days ago by Mr Vanilla Bean
17 days ago

Yeah, the truth is that the semifinal is really open, so I cannot even rule out 6 countries that will be out, I can only 2 at most, with the other being my predictions, which will also change when I gonna hear them in Rotterdam. But in general, I feel that Norway this year is like Belarus 2018 after they chose from a plenty of great entries (from Imerka to Raylee and Keiino) the most generic song to represent them in Eurovision. This doesn’t mean that TIX is not a good artist, but Fallen Angel is the male version of… Read more »

Reply to  notyourtoy

This is a cruel comparison lol I’m sure TIX can hit at least a couple of notes. And I like his song’s melody much more.

Euro2018
Euro2018
Reply to  notyourtoy

You’re 100% right. Some people are desperate to give Norway a chance (buttt the odds!) when it is obviously a NQ.

Ende
Ende
17 days ago

“But right now, there is no way of knowing all the ten countries who wil qualify” from the guy who is all the time sure of everything and presents constantly his personal tastes as facts.

Reply to  Ende

You must have me confused with someone else. Yourself, perhaps? Projection can be an ugly thing.

Euro2018
Euro2018
17 days ago

“Top 10 in betting odds” means that you don’t know how to read the odds. The odds aren’t predicting placement. Don’t rely on the odds to save Norway from a sure NQ.

Reply to  Euro2018

Still bitter Norway had a democratic vote, I see.

hqckk
hqckk
Reply to  Euro2018

Let’s be honest here, Norway has as good of a chance of qualifying as Malta. Until rehearsals, it is anyone’s crown for the taking. Denmark could have the best staging in the world and somehow make it. But I do think tix will qualify because on a much greater scale, his song is just as appealing than any other ‘certain qualifiers’.

Reply to  notyourtoy

Norway is gonna have a high televote score like Denmark 2018, remember this comment everyone. Televoters love this kind of entries

17 days ago

Semi 1 Q 1. Lithuania 2. Slovenia 3.Russia 4.Sweden 5.Australia 6.Cyprus 7.Croatia 8.Romania 9.Ukraine 10.Malta. Darkhorse: Ireland

Semi 2 Q 1. San Marino 2.Greece 3. Austria 4.Iceland 5.Albania 6.Bulgaria 7.Finland 8.Switzerland here i only have 8 Q because the rest have a chance . Not Portugal and Denmark .

Doris
Doris
17 days ago

AH AH AH of course Malta to finish when Chameleon got the most awful running orders in 2019.

Thomas Sturley
17 days ago

Okay so I keep seeing everyone say Denmark is reaching the finals cause they are closing the show, but keep in mind Triana Park came dead last in 2017. So I wouldn’t say they are cleared at all.

17 days ago

After the running order reveal, I have a strong feeling that Denmark will somehow manage to reach surprisingly the finals

17 days ago

I feel that the running order in Semi 2 is totslly wrong. How can we have 4 danceable songs in a row and after that 4 ballads. This is way too much

Reply to  notyourtoy

Karma is a mid-tempo ballad with a lot of drama. It’s still a big change of pace after calming Georgia. Iceland is also totally quirky and low-key in a way that Serbia and Moldova are not. Sure, the contrasts could have been bigger, but it’s still not that bad.

Reus
Reus
17 days ago

Latvia, Ukraine and Israel were all borderline qualifiers for me, but with this running order, I’m guaranteed they’ll all qualify.

Slightly worried for Ireland, Croatia and Australia.

Poet
Poet
Reply to  Reus

Ukraine and Latvia will be in Top 10, so not sure I agree.

Danes
Danes
17 days ago

I’ve seen a lot of comments talking about how 2nd is a very bad starting number for the country’s probability of qualifying, but I’ll be honest, it isn’t as bad as people portrait it to be. Since 2010, 4/10 qualified from SF1 and 5/10 qualified from SF2. It basically means it’s close to a 50/50 to qualify or not, which is as fair as it can get.

Reply to  Danes

I agree. It might only be a disadvantage to borderline entries. Perhaps an okay entry would have finished 10th from the 16th spot, but it finished 12th from the 2nd. But songs like Arcade, Fuego, Spirit in the Sky and La forza would’ve qualified from any spot in a heartbeat. The only issue here is the expectation for someone to be borderline / NQ. Huge fan-favorites are hardly ever placed second or third. If a song gets a great result from that spot (Michal Szpak being the good example of that), it’s a surprise rather than an outcome expected from… Read more »

ESC 21
17 days ago

Ukraine are not go to the final.

Reply to  ESC 21

Read my prediction just below. Ukraine will make it thanks to the running order.

BoyWithEmotions
BoyWithEmotions
Reply to  Im so fab

they will be in the final;)

Last edited 17 days ago by BoyWithEmotions
TexasGuy
TexasGuy
Reply to  Im so fab

you both are wrong lol

first, they will qualify
and second, its not because of running order

Reus
Reus
Reply to  ESC 21

It’s a TOTAL standout. Give Europe techno and they’ll react well, especially the Dutch and Germans. I’m guaranteed that Ukraine will be on the left-hand side of the scoreboard.

GojoSatoru
GojoSatoru
Reply to  Reus

Dutchies and Germans also like House music a lot, yet Darude and Gromee didn’t qualify. Shum is ethnic techno. As a Dutch person, I’d say we either vote for techno or for ethnic, not a combination of both. A combination of ethnic and techno doesn’t work.

PURR
PURR
Reply to  GojoSatoru

Darude and Gromee were basically commercialised pop songs. SHUM is straight up techno and has an ethnic edge, so I wouldn’t compared Go_A to those two. I think we’ll be surprised at how well SHUM will be received in Western European countries.

17 days ago

I made a prediction about the qualitiers of SF1. Tried to be as objective as I could. Lithuania= great song, great singer, good running order. Russia =It’s an ethnic song and people love that. Also it’s… Russia. Sweden= Sweden is always a Q before they even release their song lol. Cyprus= It’s a difficult song vocally, so it might be replaced by Belgium or Australia if they fail to deliver it live. Croatia= it’s too bop to be left out Israel= the revamp made this a top 10 candidate Romania= juries will love this, but she might be the shocking… Read more »

ESCFanGA
ESCFanGA
Reply to  Im so fab

Russia didn’t qualify in 2018 and their song this year is pretty weak so I think Russia might not qualify this year as well

Sabi
Sabi
Reply to  ESCFanGA

But in this Semifinal, Russia have most of their diaspora and some neibourds that will vote for Manizha in the televoting, also she is very charismatic and sings very well on live, she is getting the support in Russia, so i don’t think that she will fail.

Reply to  ESCFanGA

The Russian entry of 2018 was ATROCIOUS. 2021 is decent and a televote magnet. Plus the strong Russian diaspora.

Samo
Samo
Reply to  Im so fab

Ireland is without a chance, the song is too bland. By the time we get to voting, no one will remember it. Belgium is likely to qualify – the song is different and they will deliver great vocals during the final performance. The big question for me is Australia. The song is great but the way it sounded at Mardi Gras (vocals + sound mix) was pretty bad. So it all depends on whether they can improve this. The running order in the SF1 feels weird. Opening with The Roop, followed by Manizha? I love both of those songs but… Read more »

Edita Vaisviliene
Edita Vaisviliene
8 days ago
Reply to  Samo

Slovenia after The Roop

A R
A R
Reply to  Im so fab

What is the background of Efendi from Azerbayjan?

Roxy
Roxy
Reply to  Im so fab

What is the Azerbaijani singer’s background? Now I’m curious.

Nick
Nick
17 days ago

I have strong feeling Ukraine will make it while Manizha and Montagne unfortunately not….

Lithuania and San Marino are amazing openers, yay!
sorry,but I think Slovenia and Estonia has no chances

Last edited 17 days ago by Nick
Reply to  Nick

Manizha’s live performance is epic, also she has gained great support from media and fans, I guess she will qualify easily

Nick
Nick
Reply to  kohen

yeah but media and Eurofans are just a little segment out of millions viewers around the Europe, so its gonna be hard for her to qualify with such specific entry

600
600
17 days ago

this is the worse eurovision year yet! i don’t like any song, not to put it in my playlist..
i don’t even gonna watch eurovision this year! shame! awful songs!
and what going on with malta’s song?? it’s a copy of ariana grande “focus” like it is almost the same melody! when she singing “je me casse” i can sing “focus.. fu fu fu focus on me..” total crap! and the translation to this sentence “i’m breaking” is not even connect to the lyric of the song, “im not your baby, i’m breaking” what????

Last edited 17 days ago by 600
WannaEatMySpaghetti
WannaEatMySpaghetti
Reply to  600

You made my day with this brainless comment. “Je me casse” doesn’t mean “I break” but “I’m outta here”. In fact it is even written in the videoclip 😉 Try pausing the official video at 0:25

Last edited 17 days ago by WannaEatMySpaghetti
600
600
17 days ago

“i break”.. – google translate… check it out…

WannaEatMySpaghetti
WannaEatMySpaghetti
Reply to  600

Man I’m from the french part of Belgium. I speak French everyday. I think I know what I’m talking about more than GoOglE TraNsLatE. If you want to use a reliable translation site, check out Deepl. They have the right answer in this case, “Je me casse” means “I’m off”.

Justin
Justin
16 days ago

I’m also from that part of Belgium so my mother language is French and i confirm it means “I’m off” 😉

blahh
blahh
15 days ago
Reply to  600

then don’t watch it if you are fussing this much.

Denis
Denis
17 days ago

Why you all make such a fuss about numbers? A good song is a good song, no matter. And a bad song won’t be better because it has number 8 or last, a bad song is a bad song period! Songs should have the power to stand on their own and not be dependent on numbers for it’s sucess. Just take the draw for what it is and enjoy the show! If it’s good enough it will make it through..

Reply to  Denis

If that’s true, we might as well go back to a random draw. And it’s not as if it’s always the best ten songs that qualify, or do you honestly believe that?

Denis
Denis
17 days ago

No but its the ten songs that jury and voters find the best. Those come from everywhere. You cant say a song would have faired better if it had a later or earlier start

Sasha
Sasha
Reply to  Denis

Unfortunately it is called the Serial Position Effect, and it affects Eurovision at some point. More than 60% of the acts that qualify to the Grand Finale and get to the top 10 are among the second half of the semi-final, and the opener.

Forrest
Forrest
17 days ago

Does Iceland have a good chance to qualify with going 8th in semi 2?

canada_piano
canada_piano
17 days ago

oh no now im worried ireland wont qualify because its right before cyprus…

Darren
Darren
Reply to  canada_piano

Apparently wears after/before a commercial break so that could actually help us. I dunno my brain is fried trying to predict what’s going to happen in semi 1.

Reus
Reus
Reply to  canada_piano

I would love Ireland to qualify, but I have my doubts now. Let’s just hope Lesley has some killer staging or it’s not looking well for Ireland.

Marc
Marc
Reply to  Reus

I agree staging will be the decider. It is all guess work until we see staging and the rehearsals which will change everything. I have faith in Lesley that the staging will be memorable. I get the feeling that Lesley Roy is taking a much bigger lead than previous Irish entries.