Eurovision 2021 may be over, but the analysis of the results has only just begun. The EBU have now revealed the full results breakdown for semi-final one.
Malta’s Destiny came out on top of semi-final one. Meanwhile Croatia’s Albina finished unlucky eleventh and just missed out on a qualification place.
The rankings below reveal the combined and split televote/jury results for semi-final one.
Eurovision 2021 semi-final 1 results
- Malta: Destiny – “Je Me Casse” (325 points)
- Ukraine: Go_A – “Shum” (267 points)
- Russia: Manizha – “Russian Woman” (225 points)
- Lithuania: The Roop – “Discoteque” (203 points)
- Israel: Eden Alene – “Set Me Free” (192 points)
- Cyprus: Elena Tsagrinou – “El Diablo” (170 points)
- Sweden: Tusse – “Voices” (142 points)
- Azerbaijan: Efendi – “Mata Hari” (138 points)
- Belgium: Hooverphonic – “The Wrong Place” (117 points)
- Norway: TIX – “Fallen Angel” (115 points)
- Croatia: Albina – “Tick Tock” (110 points)
- Romania: Roxen – “Amnesia” (85 points)
- Slovenia: Ana Soklic – “Amen” (44 points)
- Australia: Montaigne – “Technicolour” (28 points)
- North Macedonia: Vasil – “Here I Stand” (23 points)
- Ireland: Lesley Roy – “Maps” (20 points)
Eurovision 2021 semi-final 1 split results
|1.||Ukraine (164 points)||Malta (174 points)|
|2.||Malta (151 points)||Russia (117 points)|
|3.||Lithuania (137 points)||Ukraine (103 points)|
|4.||Russia (108 points)||Israel (99 points)|
|5.||Israel (93 points)||Cyprus (92 points)|
|6.||Azerbaijan (91 points)||Sweden (91 points)|
|7.||Cyprus (78 points)||Belgium (70 points)|
|8.||Norway (77 points)||Lithuania (66 points)|
|9.||Croatia (53 points)||Romania (58 points)|
|10.||Sweden (51 points)||Croatia (57 points)|
|11.||Belgium (47 points)||Azerbaijan (47 points)|
|12.||Romania (27 points)||Norway (38 points)|
|13.||North Macedonia (11 points)||Slovenia (36 points)|
|14.||Slovenia (8 points)||Australia (26 points)|
|15.||Ireland (4 points)||Ireland (16 points)|
|16.||Australia (2 points)||North Macedonia (12 points)|
Ukraine topped the televote in semi-final one and finished third with the jury. Meanwhile, Malta emerged victorious with the jury and came second with the televote, which was enough to put Destiny on top of the overall ranking for this semi-final.
The biggest rank difference between the jury and televote was for Azerbaijan and Lithuania. Efendi was sixth in the televote, but the jury ranked her five places lower in eleventh. Similarly, The Roop achieved third place in the televote, however the jury had them down in eighth – again a difference of five places.
If it were up to the televote, Croatia would have qualified instead of Belgium. And if the jury had their way, then Romania and Croatia would have been in the grand final over Norway and Azerbaijan. This leads to the interesting result of Croatia’s Albina being a qualifier with both individual rankings, but failing to make it through after both sets of votes were combined.
Although Ireland finished last overall, they didn’t come bottom of the two individual rankings. The televote had Australia as their least favourite, while the jury put North Macedonia last.
What do you make of these semi-final 1 results at Eurovision 2021? Are you surprised by the full split result? Let us know in the comments below!