Olá, olá! After months of build-up and a concerted effort to turn its Eurovision track record around, Portugal‘s national selection Festival da Canção 2017 comes to an end tonight. While we’re getting ready to enjoy the three-hour long show with tones of saudade, glitter and Portuguese fabulosity, we’ve paused to gather our readers’ opinions.
Over the last week, we asked you to vote for your favourites in our poll. You cast a total of 1,717 votes and we have a result. Our readers want Pedro Gonçalves to be Portugal’s entry for Kyiv! He amassed a total of 561 votes, which means he’s the favourite option with 32.67% of our voters. He also happens to be the only act who will sing in English. Will he “walk away” with the trophy tonight?
1. Pedro Gonçalves – “Don’t Walk Away”
In second place, we find the Wiwi Jury favourite, Salvador Sobral. His melancholic entry “Amar pelos dois” won the hearts of 531 of you — or around 31% of the overall vote.
2. Salvador Sobral – “Amar pelos dois”
And from the Wiwi Jury favourite we move to the Wiwi Jury’s least favourite entry Viva La Diva. That diva Kika and her two counter-tenors are your third favourite to win. They received 185 votes, or around 11%.
Festival da Canção 2017 poll results
Festival da Canção 2017 – running order
- Jorge Benvinda – “Gente Bestial”
- Pedro Gonçalves – “Don’t walk away”
- Lisa d’Água – “Eu nunca me fui embora”
- Salvador Sobral – “Amar pelos dois”
- Fernando Daniel – “Poema a dois”
- Celina da Piedade – “Primavera”
- Deolinda Kinzimba – “O que eu vi nos meus sonhos”
- Viva La Diva – “Nova Glória”
Who will emerge as the winner of Festival da Canção 2017? Will the poll or the Wiwi Jury get it right? Tell us in the comments section below!