Conchita Wurst sparkled. The boys of Freaky Fortune jumped on a trampoline. And Paula Seling morphed into a hologram. After months of build-up and just 45 minutes of performances, we can now reveal the qualifiers and non-qualifiers from the second semi-final of Eurovision 2014. It was a night to remember!

Second semi-final qualifiers

In no particular order, the 10 countries advancing are…

Switzerland: Sebalter with “Hunter of Stars”

Slovenia: Tinkara Kovach with “Spet/Round and Round”

Poland: Cleo & Donatan with “We Are Slavs”

Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi with “Miracle”

Norway: Carl Espen with “Silent Storm”

Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. Riskykidd with “Rise Up”

Malta: Firelight with “Coming Home”

Belarus: Teo with “Cheesecake”

Finland: Softengine with “Something Better”

Austria: Conchita Wurst with “Rise like a Phoenix”

Eliminated acts

And the acts going home….

Georgia: The Shin with “Three Minutes to Earth”

Lithuania: Vilija Mataciunaite with “Attention”

Ireland: Can-linn feat Kasey Smith with “Heartbeat”

Israel: Mei Finegold with “Same Heart”

FYR Macedonia: Tijana Dapcevic with “To the Sky”

For more Eurovision news follow the Team on Twitter @wiwibloggs and like our Facebook page.

Lily
Lily
6 years ago

Poland was dirty for you?! So what do you think about Miley Cyrus performances?

daniel boom

yeah forza malta 🙂

eurofan
6 years ago

my top 3 are no1 MALTA no 2 swizerland no 3 hungary …

sash
sash
6 years ago

Ivan , ok 😀 youre right her voice istn amaizing , but the music is hard, and she cant sing it in differend way ;p

James
James
6 years ago

Some say that Lithuania song was bad,over used the word Attention. But Greece and Rise Up just the worst song this year. The vocals that were way behind Tijana and the same two words over and over.

Ivan
Ivan
6 years ago

hey sash, for me the problem with Poland is not that it was dirty(it wasn’t in my opinion), but it was bad. The live performance was far below what I’ve heard before. That’s why I think Greece and Poland should have been the first out of the competition.

Daniel
Daniel
6 years ago

And p.s. I’m also sick of the running order being decided by producers. It eliminates a sense or fairness and equality, where the producers get to decide when a country performs. Everyone knows that the running order can either help or hinder a countries position on the score board.
Especially in the final the weekend, San Marino and the Netherlands performing one after another, how does it enhance each performance if two slow songs follow each other. It doesn’t make sense… It just looks like DR are trying to help the Netherlands out.

Daniel
Daniel
6 years ago

Still in shock …. How did Israel, Macedonia and Ireland not make it through… And how did Malta, Finland and Belsrus get through instead! I have a feeling that next year there will be a lot of countries withdrawing from the competition, which is quite disheartening to think. Each year it feels like less and less Balkan/Eastern European countries are getting through and that Scandinavia and Western Europe are dominating. Every year I root for a country that has never won just because I feel it’s only right that each nation has the opportunity to host such a spectacular show,… Read more »

sash
sash
6 years ago

how its possible, that everybody talk about ” Polish performance, was dirty” , ” why I have to look at that s*it” ? We look at a girl, who has a beard , and thats fine, but when wee look at beautifull girls we are disgusted

agnostos
agnostos
6 years ago

What is thisaustria performance….I cant understand what they like people and vote him/her…

6 years ago

This is the top 5 of non-qualified countries of the second semi-final by likes on Youtube:

1. Mei Finegold – Same Heart 828 likes
2. Vilija Mata?i?nait? – Attention 464 likes
3. Tijana – To the Sky 413 likes
4. The Shin and Mariko – Three Minutes to Earth 383 likes
5. Can-Linn (featuring Kasey Smith) – Heartbeat 304 likes

1. Mei Finegold – Same Heart 828 likes
2. Vilija Mata?i?nait? – Attention 464 likes
3. Tijana – To the Sky 413 likes
4. The Shin and Mariko – Three Minutes to Earth 383 likes
5. Can-Linn (featuring Kasey Smith) – Heartbeat 304 likes

Ryanireland
Ryanireland
6 years ago

Oh well. 🙁 we didn’t qualify.
Hard to believe that Israel didn’t either, when you see Cheesecake getting through. My oh my.
Well done Kasey and can linn anyway.
Always next year, but we need to look at how we pick our participant.
Good luck to all in the final,.
My favourites for the win now in no order.
Netherlands, Sweden, Armenia, Austria and I know outside bet of Norway or even Switzerland

Paula we love you!
Paula we love you!
6 years ago

ROMANIA ENTRY WAS SPEECHLESS!!!
Fantastic entry! Top 5!

Leaf
Leaf
6 years ago

Conchita is very very BLAH ….. Sorry but a BEARDED BOND GIRL is not gonna happen, no matter how liberal everyone is …… It did look like a circus freak singing Adele on stage, which honestly looked more like a novelty act !!!

When the lady has a beard NO ONE listens to the song I am sorry …… If Latvia, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Slovenia actually sent this kind of song people wouldn’t even notice their performance …. So do the math !!!

Leaf
Leaf
6 years ago

What happened to Ireland ……. Liked the studio version, but live It was like KARAOKE night in the far east …….. Plus, why did she look like an American high school prom girl with an orange tan !!!!!
Vocals still the weakest part of the whole, worst in both semi finals in fact !!!!

Glad Europe did not vote for it, they need to learn their lesson …. Haven’t liked any of their songs since “Lipstick” !!!

Momzy
Momzy
6 years ago

Dear me, Belarus and Poland qualified?
This year is just full of surprises…
Not all good!

Minde S.
Minde S.
6 years ago

Israel supposed to qualify for the finals not Greece, Malta or Austria.. What a shame Europe!

Himela
Himela
6 years ago

About Conchita: I admit I was one of the haters, but after the great character she showed with Aram’s homophobic comments and her interviews where I could see a really charismatic person, I changed my mind and regret my judging a book by its cover. In this performance she showed a great professionalism, no stupid laughs, she had herself into the song completely and touched me a lot. I hope one day comes when people won’t be judged according to how they look or who they sleep with rather than who they are.?

Timselvision
Timselvision
6 years ago

Israel’s performance was shocking bad. Still suprised that they aren’t in the final 🙁

But, they shouldn’t complain. The Netherlands took it eight years while it takes Israel just three year now.

My favorite song was Ireland… Really suprised 🙁

Ivan
Ivan
6 years ago

I see that a lot of people really likes Greece’s entry. Beside that I didn’t like the song from the beginning(just a common club song), the live performance from the semi was catastrophic, the guy can’t sing. Poland, same, the live performance was really bad.

suzy will win
suzy will win
6 years ago

The presenter said the wrong number of Portugal! He said 14 and Portugal was the 13! Portugal must be given a place in the final!!!

madlena
madlena
6 years ago

Copenhagen pull your shit together! risky’s microphone had a problem thats why he lost for a sec!! unacceptable!

ramona
ramona
6 years ago

Greece was by far the best song of both nights,,, i mean come on, the songs suck this year.. i remember last year i liked most of the songs and this year is just meh…! greece was a breath of fresh air, i was almost asleep before tehy came!

Leo
Leo
6 years ago

To all my Friends of the Eurovision Community! First of all, let me say that the SECOND SEMI FINALE has already shown us how great the show could turn out at the Big Final on Saturday EVENING. I think and I can say that we all look forward to beautiful and especially entertaining evening during the Grand Finale. For all ignorants I want to point out and it should be told that the Eurovision Song Contest is a competition for composers and authors. Consequently, only that interpreter and country should win, which occurs with the best song and music composition.… Read more »

jojnjo
jojnjo
6 years ago

Ireland’s entry hadn’t anything new in it except sounding like irritating noise & the performance was stale. Israel on the other hand I feel…should have definitely gone through to the final. Malta’s song I have only heard it for the first time tonight and it was the best song of the night for me (the stage setting was brill). It should I hope finish in the top 5. My prediction from the start was for Ukraine to win, & I have no reason to change my mind. The song of Mariya’s is one of the best songs I have heard… Read more »

Eugene UK
Eugene UK
6 years ago

The UK sing 26th and last, “the pimp spot”. In the last 15 years no country has won singing last, but why not? Because favourites are not usually given that slot. There’s always a first time. Poor Belarus gets the dreaded No. 2 slot. The prime slots are considered to be 17 to 20. This is usually where the favourites sing. 8 winners have sung in these slots in the last 15 years. This year they go to Slovenia, Finland, Spain and Switzerland, so none of the Top 10 Bookie favourites get these slots. The last 3 slots in the… Read more »

Patrycja
Patrycja
6 years ago

People stop all the hatred!!! No one had a pact of some sort not to let Israel pass to the final, she was weak and lets face it- its not because of political reasons. I personally I’m happy with the outcome and I’m crossing fingers for Cleo and Donatan to win however i know its not possible. I also liked Slovenia and Greece but i hope Austria wins this years Eurovision:) Cleo is the best:P

Boo
Boo
6 years ago

For 3 minutes, Ireland introduced us in the secrets of Eurovision boredom.

troc
troc
6 years ago

Thanks Eugene UK I hope we get a good placement!

I kind of agree with what you said about Ireland’s song, but because I have many Irish friends (being part Irish) I know they will be gutted and I enjoy the competition with Ireland in. Never mind, that is the point of the competition I suppose!

3some
3some
6 years ago

if my power i’d ban bitchy and spiteful countries such as armenia and israel

Eugene UK
Eugene UK
6 years ago

Hi troc – They just say “shortly”

I gave the Irish a hard time as I did not think the Irish song would do very well this year and did not like what was happening in the main poll, but I thought they would at least qualify.

I am sincerely gutted for them too.

saris
saris
6 years ago

greece had the best song with difference tonight but the stress hit the greek guys..but there is no doubt about that..and after greece of course romania! that’s for sure guys..now..i believe that greece will be in the first five places

David
David

I think Sweden will win!

Israel did not qualify because mei screamed the lyrics at times.

Woof
Woof
6 years ago

Ireland had a good song and a pretty woman on stage, two ingredients to directly pass to the final. But… the pretty girl was more like a carnival cheap amateur Xena, the warrior princess. With 2 backing vocals with the missing dresses of Morticia Addams. And 2 dancers, scaped from Game of Thrones, dancing a kind of riverdance (yes, we know you’re Irish) A nonsense performance. Who was in charge of that in the Irish delegation? He/she should be fired. And the led screen remained static almost the whole song with an ugly pattern. Sorry for Ireland but the only… Read more »

Robyn
Robyn
6 years ago

Israel – this was a huge fan favourite, but less popular outside the fan bubble. It didn’t help that it had a early slot. And did Cleo get the loud lady vote over Mei? I’m guessing this song will be 11th. Belarus – the first time I heard this, I did not want any of TEO’s cheesecake. But since then, he’s worked on it. He’s a cheeky chappy with a fun Rat Pack style presentation and worthy of the final. I’d like a slice. Switzerland – after this performance I noticed all these tweets from girls and guys who were… Read more »

Tom
Tom
6 years ago

Oh wait, I forget about some bad acts that qualified: FINLAND: Uhhh, this is not for Eurovision. Sure for radio, but just not for Eurovision. This should of not qualifed.. There were acts deserving to qualify instead! MALTA: I wish Daniel Testa won in the national final, but he didn’t. I didn’t want Firelight to win the national final but oh well. The only good singer in this, just like in Three Minutes to Earth is the girl (Michelle). No way this deserved to qualify. All acts deserving to qualify: (My top 10) 1. Austria 2. Romania 3. Israel 4.… Read more »

troc
troc
6 years ago

@Eugene UK do you know what time it will be announced?

Gutted for Ireland 🙁

Eugene UK
Eugene UK
6 years ago

Saturday’s Final running order is going to be announced tonight on Eurovision.tv….worth staying up for perhaps?

Boo
Boo
6 years ago

I think the Israelian song was good, but performed by the wrong person. She’ve sang exactly like a slaughtered exhausted cow. So, it’s a good thing we won’t see her in the Final. Glad to see Poland, at least they know how to be ridiculous.

Lydgate
Lydgate
6 years ago

I don’t think the fact that Israel didn’t qualify had anything to do with politics. Eurovision scores represent the average opinion of a huge number of people all across Europe, so the outliers are always at a disadvantage. Mei’s song is a dark, forceful pop-rock song that isn’t for everybody. Personally, I preferred Israel’s entry to that of my own country (Holland), and I am very sad to see Mei go, but these things can happen, unfortunately. Ireland not qualifying, on the other hand, did not surprise me one bit. Their song was one awful folk cliché after another. A… Read more »

Nebi
Nebi
6 years ago

I got 8/10 of my favorites…If Israel and Ireland replaced Austria and Norway I would have pulled an inside straight. Austria will be welcome to the finals due to the freak factor but Norway adds nothing to the show. Ireland was miserable tonight and was clearly not enjoying herself (I was very disappointed). Israel started weak but quickly moved to a very strong position. Biggest shock of the night.

Erica
Erica

Go Greece!!RISE UP EUROPE 😉 😀

redarrow

A BIG WELLDONE TO MALTA … GREAT SONG

D
D
6 years ago

Israel should’ve qualified over Belarus.

Eugene UK
Eugene UK
6 years ago

What a shocker……..Israel and Ireland don’t qualify. I had both of them in my prediction so I got 8/10 and I got 8/10 from Semi 1 so 16/20………….disappointed, but never mind. Look at all the favourites singing in the First Half on Saturday :- Sweden, Armenia, Austria, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Norway, Greece, Romania. Can’t believe it!! Look at the favourites singing in the second half :- United Kingdom, Hungary, Netherlands and Denmark I now think the winner will come from these – In alphabetical order :- Armenia Austria Hungary Sweden United Kingdom (and Dark Horse = Denmark) It’s going to be… Read more »

Tom
Tom
6 years ago

BIGGEST CRIMES OF THE NIGHTS: { SEMIFINAL 2 } ———————————————————– Belarus: In polls, bettings, many opinions, it’s not a qualifier for them. I can’t believe they made it to the final as Russia, Ukraine and Azerbaijan wasn’t in this semifinal. Do catchy songs have to be overrated all the time? Switzerland: Umm.. ever since he won the national final in Switzerland I wasn’t a big fan of him. I’m surprised he actually got in the final.. in my opinion there were better acts at the Swiss selection. Israel: WHY… WHY… Why….. did this not qualify? No seriously! Ever since Dana… Read more »

Kibra UK
Kibra UK

Devastated for Israel, Ireland and FYR Macedonia 🙁

Next year guy…next year! We’ll all be back to do it all over again!
x

mrstheofilos
mrstheofilos
6 years ago

i voted for norway and switzerland i think the suisse song may be a dark horse