It’s taken ten long weeks, but the end is nigh. In just over 24 hours, Lithuania will decide its Eurovision 2016 representative during the final of Eurovizijos atranka 2016. Six acts will sing it out one last time, in a bid to win over the Lithuanian jury and televoters. Who should win? For the past week we’ve been asking y’all to vote in our poll. After counting a total of 1,191 votes, we can now reveal that Donny Montell is the clear favourite.
Lithuania Eurovizija 2016 Final: Our top 3
1. Donny Montell – “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night”
The “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night Singer” topped the poll in a landslide, scooping up a whopping 609 votes. That’s over half of the total votes cast (51.13%)! He also came out on top with the Wiwi Jury — our in-house panel of musical unprofessionals.
2. Erica Jennings – “Leading Me Home”
From one former Eurovision representative to another, Erica Jennings lands at two. The “Leading Me Home” songstress may have won last week’s semi-final, but she finished a distant second in our poll with just 197 votes, or 16.54% of the overall total.
3. Aiste Pilvelyte – “You Bet”
In third place is Aiste Pilvelyte with 131 votes, 11% overall. She is one of three finalists, along with Ieva and Ruslanas, who started off without their own entry. They were all paired with songs chosen by broadcaster LRT. She’s one to watch, having topped the table on three separate occasions.
4. Ruslanas Kirilkinas – “In My World”
The last time Ruslanas tried to represent Lithuania, things were a lot simpler. In 2010, he came third in the semi-final before eventually finishing seventh overall.
5. Ruta Šciogolevaite – “United”
This is Ruta’s sixth attempt at representing Lithuania. She finished second in 2004 and 2007, fourth in 2009 and third in 2011.
6. Ieva Zasimauskaite – “Life (Not That Beautiful)”
Bringing up the rear is the youngest of the six finalists — 22 year-old Ieva Zasimauskaite. However, this isn’t her first attempt at Eurovizijos atranka. She competed in the 2014 competition but was eliminated during the eighth show.
Who should win Lithuania’s Eurovizijos atranka 2016? Poll results
- Donny Montell – “I’ve Been Waiting For This Night” 51.13% (609 votes)
- Erica Jennings – “Leading Me Home” 16.54% (197 votes)
- Aiste Pilvelyte – “You Bet” 11% (131 votes)
- Ruslanas Kirilkinas – “In My World” 10.33% (123 votes)
- Ruta Šciogolevaite – “United” 6.3% (75 votes)
- Ieva Zasimauskaite – “Life (Not That Beautiful)” 4.7% (56 votes)
Total Votes: 1,191
The final of Eurovizijos atranka 2016 starts at 20:00 CET on Saturday evening. You can watch it live on LRT.
Photo: V. Radžiuno (LRT.lt)