Several weeks ago, as we sat in London freezing our tails off, Deban and I decided to warm our spirits by listening to the ten finalists competing in Norway’s Melodi Grand Prix 2017. And what did we encounter? Tattooed naughty girls, women in the woods, ageing rockers and electro upstarts ready to slay. We turned on our camera and filmed our reaction. That’s what Fridays are for.
Unfortunately, the record labels in Norway weren’t as keen as we were to share the music in this video. After difficulties with our first YouTube upload, we decided to remove all the music and then re-upload it music free. If you want to follow along with the songs as we react, simply visit Spotify and pull up the Melodi Grand Prix 2017 playlist.
We were loving In Fusion. Unfortunately our readers aren’t, as you can see in our ongoing MGP 2017 poll.
But one act we do all agree on is Ulrikke, who is currently winning our poll by a huge margin. At the moment she has 27% of all votes — that’s twice as many as current runner-up Elin & The Woods. Can she ride the wave of hype to victory on Saturday?
Melodi Grand Prix 2017 Poll Results (As of March 9 at 23:59 GMT)
- Ulrikke – “Places” 468 votes, 27.34%
- Elin & The Woods – “First Step In Faith (Oadjebasvuhtii) 230 votes, 13.43%
- Ammunition – “Wrecking Crew” 199 votes, 11.62%
- Ella – “Mama’s Boy” 194 votes, 11.33%
- Amina Sewali – “Mesterverk” 191 votes, 11.16%
- Jenny Augusta – “I Go Where You Go” 108 votes, 6.31%
- Jowst – “Grab the Moment” 97 votes, 5.67%
- Kristian Valen – “You and I” 92 votes, 5.37%
- In Fusion – “Nothing Ever Knocked Us Over” 90 votes, 5.26%
- Rune Rudberg Band – “Run Run Away” 43 votes, 2.51%
Which songs made you get up and shout? Do you think that our readers have it right at the moment? And who do you plan to vote for this weekend, assuming the live performances live up to the studio versions? Let us know in the comments box below.