After more than a month of shows and spectacular performances from dozens of candidates, Georgian Idol will reach its climax tonight at 19:00 CET. The public will decide who will represent Georgia in Tel Aviv for the Eurovision Song Contest 2019.

Giorgi Nakashidze, Giorgi Pruidze, Liza Kalandadze and Oto Nemsadze are the final four acts and will perform below mentioned songs in the grand final.

Liza Kalandadze – Sevdisperi Zgva (Silent Sea)
Oto Nemsadze – Sul Tsin Iare (Go Ahead)
Giorgi Nakashidze – Sul Tsin Iare (Go Ahead)
Giorgi Pruidze – Me Mjera (I Believe)

It was tough to assessed who should sing at Eurovision without hearing them sing the candidate entries. But we’ve been running a poll anyway. Earlier this week, we asked wiwibloggs readers to vote based on their pre-existing performances and obvious talent. After counting 4,010 votes, we can reveal that Oto Nemsadze is your favorite to win tonight’s grand final of Georgian Idol 2019.

Oto returns to Georgian Idol after previously winning the 2011 edition of the show. In 2013, he competed in Holos Krainy (The Voice Ukraine) and placed third. In 2017, he competed in Georgia’s national final as part of Oto Nemsadze & Group Limbo. Their song “Dear God” placed tenth.

In our poll, he earned 2,210 votes, which makes up 55.11% of the total vote.

Full results: Who should win Georgian Idol and sing for Georgia at Eurovision 2019?

1. Oto Nemsadze – 55.11% (2,210 votes)
  2. Liza Kalandadze – 40.2% (1,612 votes)
  3. Giorgi Nakashidze – 3.07% (123 votes)
  4. Giorgi Pruidze – 1.62% (65 votes)

Who would you like to see representing Georgia in Tel-Aviv from these four acts? Tell us your thoughts below!

Read more Georgia Eurovision news here

Total
265
Shares
liza.
1 year ago

Oto Nemsadze. Super voice. ???????

1 year ago

Again, OT (but Wiwi has no recent article which would have people reading today): After live performances in Beovizija, it’s between Nevena, Ivana and Jana for me. Hopefully, one of them wins. Dženan and Sashka have great songs, but performances were just… bit too much.

Reply to  Colin

I posted my reaction in the last article on Serbia. But to be honest, I have a hard time finding anything I like … I suppose, Lord might do okay at Eurovision, but I’m not into that kind of music.
And Dzenan’s staging was really strange, what was that all about?

Reply to  Tibor

Dženan’s song is about a young man who is drafted to war against his will and says goodbye to his mother.

Reply to  Colin

Thank you, now it makes sense. I assume he dies in the end and therefore the halo.

Reply to  Tibor

He doesn’t explicitly die during the course of the song, but at his departure to war, both him and his mother sense it’s a big probability.

1 year ago

Oto Nemsadze won. Congratulations.

Reply to  Tibor

Congrats, yeah. Great voice. I just hope his song has good lyrics.

Loin dici
Loin dici
Reply to  Tibor

Yay. Congrats.

1 year ago

Wow, does Georgia takes it’s time or what? Three hours and counting for only 4 acts. Serbia, which started two hours later, is already past nine songs.

Reply to  Colin

That’s true, and it seemed everyone got a lot of presents, before the actual winner was announced.

1 year ago

They just finished their performances. I have to say, I liked Giorgi Pruidze best – he has a very peculiar tone to his voice that went very well with the song he chose, that in my opinion had the most immediacy out of the three songs we heard. The only issue with him is his very strange styling (he wore a very unflattering long coat that almost looked like a robe), but that’s nothing that can’t be fixed. Lisa Kalandadze’s styling was the best, she looked really stunning, but I liked her song the least. The other two guys sang… Read more »

Reply to  Tibor

I’m also watching, but I’ve only seen Oto and Giorgi P. Both did well and got a really positive response there. IDK about the songs, but I find them both interesting. Giorgi’s has more “immediacy”, as you say.

Not sure if this format will turn out successful, because the audience is already so attached to performers winning that I’m afraid that the song will come secondary.

Reply to  Colin

That’s always the danger with these casting shows (that as a general rule I’m not that fond of and outside of Eurovision never watch ), and I fear that Lisa’s impeccable styling could tilt the scales in her direction even though the song was kind of pedestrian.
We’ll see. 🙂

Reply to  Tibor

Off topic, but do you know the link to Serbian finals? On their official Tv site, it asks for registration, which I DID and it STILL doesn’t show it unless you pay some package. It’s frustrating how there is so much wasted time searching for most streams.

Reply to  Colin

Since the fiasco with the first semi of Festival da Cançao, I watch on this site:

Reply to  Tibor

Thanks. Well, it works – kind of. A LOT of loading issues. And I mean, A LOT.

It started out badly, but now it’s good. Thanks.

Reply to  Colin

Okay, here it works fine, so I haven’t got anything else, unfortunately.

Reply to  Tibor
Reply to  Sabrina

I think, that’s the same stream I’m watching, mine’s just embedded. 🙂

Reply to  Tibor

Oh, so no help. Here it’s working quite well, it hasn’t fronzen once.

Dito
Dito
1 year ago

Oto and all his relatives were voting for this poll LOL. This is not what Wiwiblogss community has voted for. Liza is a clear favorite all the way.

josh
josh
1 year ago

Liza has way more potential imo, did this guy share the poll to his followers or something? I don’t see anything special with Oto

1 year ago

I’d just like to give them kudos for sticking with Georgian even after last year. It’s a cool language and I’m glad they’re embracing it.

Glenniebooooy
Glenniebooooy
1 year ago

Let’s hope Liza wins cause there are way to less woman this year!!!

Luk
Luk
1 year ago

Georgia to be maybe surprise

KESC
KESC
1 year ago

When will we be able to hear the songs? I mean as much as the artists are important, the songs are even more important. I think it’s a pity that we couldn’t have a taste for the songs, not even snippets.

Oswald
Oswald
Reply to  KESC

All 4 candidates have already been given a song, which they will perform tonight. They’ve recorded it last week.

Euroviper3